Marriage Licenses!!!

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by morozco5, Jan 10, 2011.

1. morozco5

morozco5 Mouseketeer

It's almost that time to request it!!! I am wondering how it's done though. We are coming down from Chicago and don't know if we should do that here or apply for a FL license and do the legal down there too... how does all that work????!!!???:confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disprincessatheart

disprincessatheart I was a Disney Bride 4.29.08

You just need a FL marriage license. If not you'd need to do another ceremony back home later. You can do them by mail in advance thru Brevard County Fl (just google it) or you can do it in person when you arrive in FL. Not sure if you have time for the mail option but if you do it will save you valuable trip time! I wouldn't pay for a company that will do it thru the mail for you - you can do it just as easily cheaper!

Oh - just saw you're over 3 months - for some reason I just saw the 3 weeks. Definitely do Brevard County FL - simple and inexpensive. Go ahead and send in the application this month.

4. girli565

girli565 A Miami kind of girl

5. savvywifey

savvywifey Earning My Ears

i think you need a fl license beforehand

6. plutogal

plutogal Earning My Ears

We are getting married in Feb and when we called they said you just needed to show up and get the license. There is no waiting period in Fl.

7. girli565

girli565 A Miami kind of girl

For non-residents, I as a FL resident had to wait 3 days.

8. Prozac07

Prozac07 Mouseketeer

Stupid question, but if going through Brevard County (which seems a LOT easier than paying a company, like disprincess said), how would we get it back to the office? Can it be mailed or does it need to be delivered by hand? Again, sorry for the dumb question!!

9. minniebride

minniebride DIS Veteran

How many months before the wedding would you recommend applying for the marriage license?

We are interested in doing the whole thing by mail if possible, in hopes to avoid having to go to the courthouse in person.

10. Firefly09

Firefly09 going through Disney withdrawals

The license is only valid for 60 days, so 2 months before the wedding is as far ahead as you can apply.

11. minniebride

minniebride DIS Veteran

Thank you!!:goodvibes

12. lurkyloo

lurkyloo The Attic was just perfect!

It can be mailed. :thumbsup2

13. Prozac07

Prozac07 Mouseketeer

Thumbs up indeed... thanks LurkyLoo!