• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marriage license

epcot.girl

DIS Veteran
BF and I are getting married in Disney at the beginning of September this year. We'll be there a couple of days before the wedding so we are planning to pick up the license while we are out there. The plan is to have lunch at Coral Reef with our parents (ADR is at 12.50pm) and then walk over to YC/BC and get a taxi from there to Orange County Courthouse to get the license. Our parents will be joining us most likely.

So the questions:
  • How long is it likely to take to get the license once we're there?
  • Is it possible that our taxi will wait for us to return us to DTD after we've got the license? If not, how will we get back? I don't like the idea of trying to hail a cab!
  • How much is the whole trip likely to cost?
  • We are UK citizens - will we need our passports for ID or will our driving licenses be sufficient?

Thanks!

We got ours from Osceola county courthouse. We arrived before the court opened and only waited a few mins before they let us in. The whole process of getting the licence (once at a kiosk) took about 10 mins. We had to show our passport, and had already filled in the application. They check it over and have you swear the details are correct etc. We booked mears cars for a return journey. We allowed two hours between pick up and return, but didn't need it, I would still recommend it though just to be safe.

Edit: here's the web site http://www.mearstransportation.com/ if you can create online quotes for taxis and luxury cars (we took the cars) and also book online too. It actually saved us a bunch.

Thanks! I think I'll definitely take our passports (don't want to risk turning up with driving licenses only to be told they're not enough), and we'll call Mears while we're out there to arrange a taxi. We'll be phoning them anyway to book transport to US/IOA.

Another option--which will be a lot less expensive than hiring a taxi--would be to take Lynx bus #50. (Lynx is the Central Florida transit system.) It runs continuously throughout the day from Disney to downtown Orlando, which is where the Orange County Courthouse is located. It picks up at both the TTC and DTD Westside, and pretty much goes straight to Lynx Central Station, which is just one block from the courthouse. When done at the courthouse, you can simply walk back to the station and hop on the return bus to Disney.

Just an idea ...

(You'll have to copy and paste this address AND replace the DOT COM, as I can yet post links.)
golynx DOT COM/index.cfm?fuse=cstm&app=route&view=sched&cid=50

Another option--which will be a lot less expensive than hiring a taxi--would be to take Lynx bus #50. (Lynx is the Central Florida transit system.) It runs continuously throughout the day from Disney to downtown Orlando, which is where the Orange County Courthouse is located. It picks up at both the TTC and DTD Westside, and pretty much goes straight to Lynx Central Station, which is just one block from the courthouse. When done at the courthouse, you can simply walk back to the station and hop on the return bus to Disney.

Just an idea ...

(You'll have to copy and paste this address AND replace the DOT COM, as I can yet post links.)
golynx DOT COM/index.cfm?fuse=cstm&app=route&view=sched&cid=50

I had no idea about that! I'll definitely look into that - we'll be leaving from Epcot so it'll only be a case of getting on the monorail to the TTC - and we're planning on returning to DTD afterwards anyway. Thanks!

My only worry is that we'll get lost in downtown Orlando...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter