• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marriage license through mail

Vayleen

Mouseketeer
I have read about obtaining the marriage license through the mail. Has anyone done this? How does one do it, too?

Where in VA are you from?

We're planning on driving down the weekend before our wedding and getting the license through the mail would be one less run around for us. I'd especially like to have an afternoon tea with the ladies who are attending my wedding and don't want to have to be out running around the Orlando area to get a license.

If you go to this website you will be ablee to get the forms for your license.
It's done through Brevard County.

http://199.241.8.125/index.cfm?FuseAction=MarriageLicenses.Forms

When I contacted them they suggested starting the process about 2mths prior to your wedding date.

Where in VA are you from?

We're planning on driving down the weekend before our wedding and getting the license through the mail would be one less run around for us. I'd especially like to have an afternoon tea with the ladies who are attending my wedding and don't want to have to be out running around the Orlando area to get a license.

I'm from Lynchburg, VA. Are you in VA?
We're leaving the Friday before our wedding, taking the weekend to relax and get ready. Wedding is on Monday. :goodvibes
I've got a link my minister gave me about ordering our license thru the mail and it also says 2 monthes prior to your date.
I'll look up the link and post it in a bit. :thumbsup2

We are doing ours this way and are currently in the middle of the process. You have to do it through Brevard County because they allow you to do it by mail, but FL has a system in which you can get your license from any county and still be married in any other county. It's quite a bit cheaper than going to the courthouse.

Go to this website
http://199.241.8.125/index.cfm?FuseAction=Files.View&FileStore_id=2953
fill out the form and mail it in. This is a request for an application, not an actual application.

They will send you back the actual application which you have to get notarized and fill out in front of the notary. Then you mail that, with copies of your driver's licenses, and your payment ($93.50) back to Brevard.

They will then process everything and send you your marriage license.

Timeline

We began the process by mailing the request on May 9.

We received the appication on May 24, and then sent the notarized copy back on May 29. Would have been faster, but it fell right around Memorial Day and there was no mail!

I received a call from Brevard on June 5 that we forgot to include the check (how embarrassing, but that's what happens when DF and I are both SOOO busy ;) ) So they let me give them a CC over the phone and we're still waiting for the license.

Hope that helps :)

We are doing ours this way and are currently in the middle of the process. You have to do it through Brevard County because they allow you to do it by mail, but FL has a system in which you can get your license from any county and still be married in any other county. It's quite a bit cheaper than going to the courthouse.

Go to this website
http://199.241.8.125/index.cfm?FuseAction=Files.View&FileStore_id=2953
fill out the form and mail it in. This is a request for an application, not an actual application.

They will send you back the actual application which you have to get notarized and fill out in front of the notary. Then you mail that, with copies of your driver's licenses, and your payment ($93.50) back to Brevard.

They will then process everything and send you your marriage license.

Timeline

We began the process by mailing the request on May 9.

We received the appication on May 24, and then sent the notarized copy back on May 29. Would have been faster, but it fell right around Memorial Day and there was no mail!

I received a call from Brevard on June 5 that we forgot to include the check (how embarrassing, but that's what happens when DF and I are both SOOO busy ;) ) So they let me give them a CC over the phone and we're still waiting for the license.

Hope that helps :)

Thank you so much!
wow, I like this much better. I was kind of leery of the other site. And it's $100 cheaper! :thumbsup2
Wonder how far out you can send the app in for the marriage license app?!
I know I wouldn't send the actual marriage license app back until around August 20, just wondering if it'd be smart to go ahead & fill out the app for it now and send rather than wait. :confused3

Thank you so much!
wow, I like this much better. I was kind of leery of the other site. And it's $100 cheaper! :thumbsup2
Wonder how far out you can send the app in for the marriage license app?!
I know I wouldn't send the actual marriage license app back until around August 20, just wondering if it'd be smart to go ahead & fill out the app for it now and send rather than wait. :confused3

Once you get the actual license, it's only valid for 60 days, so you need to try to time it just right. If you're not planning on sending the notarized one back until August 20, I don't see what it would hurt to go ahead and start the process now. That way, when it gets closer to your wedding, you won't have as much to wait to do :)

I cannot stress enough to start this process early!!

We sent our request on April 16 and did not receive the application until May 22. We did not send it back until May 29 (overnighted it) b/c DF and I are in different states so we had some trouble with getting it notarized, so luckily it worked out. I called them this past Monday (June 4) and they were processing it then on the phone with me. I was supposed to have it by yesterday but it still hasn't come. It better come before June 19 or we're going to have some problems :rolleyes1

I cannot stress enough to start this process early!!

We sent our request on April 16 and did not receive the application until May 22. We did not send it back until May 29 (overnighted it) b/c DF and I are in different states so we had some trouble with getting it notarized, so luckily it worked out. I called them this past Monday (June 4) and they were processing it then on the phone with me. I was supposed to have it by yesterday but it still hasn't come. It better come before June 19 or we're going to have some problems :rolleyes1

That was my concern too. What if it doesn't come in time, what do you do!?!?!?!?

It's been a month for us now since we began the process, so I'll post when we get our license so others can see about how long the whole process took. Hopefully not much longer!

Ironically, we got our license in the mail today, so it took exactly 1 month for the entire process. Now, here's my question. Maybe Jen can help.

What do we do now? Do we have to have the notary do anything else, or do we just give it to Rev. Day on the day of our wedding? Can we give it to him at the rehearsal?

Hi Girls!

I am still earning my ears, as I don't get much of an opportunity to post here - but appreciate all the info.

I am from Maine and getting married at Sea Breeze Point on 9/10/07. We sent for our license through a vendor recommended by Disney. It was very simple and cost about $200.00. All we had to do was have some documents notarized and mail them along. They will take your paperwork to the court and process the license and then send it directly to your Disney Wedding planner. Really slick! I'd recommend it as I have heard horror stories about taking taxi's to the court house.....

Congrat's to all brides....love the sight and all the info shared is incredibly helpful!!

...just Google "Say I Do Weddings"

~ Courtney 9/10/07 SBP

This info is great. Thank you all who have contributed. We're still a little leary about what we're going to do. So if anyone has any more feeback...?? would love to hear it.

I sent out our application for the marriage license application on Monday, June 18. I'll let you at least know how quick we get the application back.
Can't mail it back until August 2oth or so though. :laughing:

Just a small update. We didn't get our application until the beginning of Sept. I called and they said they don't mail them out too early in case your application accidently gets processed.
But, I did send our notarized application in on Sept. 12. It was processed and mailed back out to us on Sept. 18, recieved in our mailbox on Sept. 22.
Very easy, very simple.

Just a small update. We didn't get our application until the beginning of Sept. I called and they said they don't mail them out too early in case your application accidently gets processed.
But, I did send our notarized application in on Sept. 12. It was processed and mailed back out to us on Sept. 18, recieved in our mailbox on Sept. 22.
Very easy, very simple.

Thanks for the update. I think we're still trying to decide if we just want to go to the courthouse or get it through the mail.

I was worried about getting it thru the mail in time, but they are very good at taking care of it all. Once we got the application, we took it to a notary and signed it. I mailed it in to the clerk of the court, Mailed on the 12th of Sept, was recieved by them on the 17th of Sept. Was processed, notarized and mailed out on the 18th of Sept. Had it in my hands on Sept. 22. :goodvibes

We're all official and ready to get married! :love: :cloud9: :love:

I don't suppose anyone knows how this works if you're in the UK? I'd really like to do this but not sure how!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter