Marrakesh Restaurant

mommykds

All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip,
I just made an ADR here for August. We have never been. Tell me how you liked it or not. Did you kids like it (kid friendly), any feedback would be great. Thanks!

It's a beautiful restaurant and my dd8 loved the belly dancer and got to go up and dance with her. However, we did not like the food. I don't like that particular style of cuisine, but my wife does and just didn't like it. A lot of people love this restaurant and I do believe it's worth at least one visit. If my wife notices this thread, she will be a little more vocal about how much we didn't like the food :lmao:

When I lived in Orlando, my roommate and I went every other Friday night :) Good food, not too crowded usually, and fun entertainment. Mmm.. couscous.

We went in May. I enjoyed it (not my fave but good) but my DF thought it was just ok. The food wasn't as good as I expected, but the ambience definitely was excellent! There were two young girls at the table next to us, and the belly dancer got them up to dance with her. They loved it.

So, I think definitely worth going once and I think most kids would get a kick out of dancing at a restaurant.

It was crap on a cracker when I went last year, *shudder*. I really, really wanted to like it.

We ordered the "feast" and the soup was tasteless, seriously, I had to add tons of salt and pepper to make it edible. The little brewrat (beef eggroll thingy) was very good, but very small.

The entrees: The lemon chicken - YUCK! Dry, dry - think sitting under the heat lamp for hours dry.:worried: The lamb was very good but the portion was very small. The couscous was also great, but again, there was so little of it that I was left wanting....

The dessert was unforgettable, some type of pastry thing.

We gave it a try in Dec. I have to say that the inside was just beautiful and the belly dancer was entertaining. The food was a disappointment. We are pretty adventurous eaters and it was just OK. It all was pretty tasteless. We had the appy platter with salad and beef and chicken rolls and the shish kebobs. Some sort of baklava platter for dessert. We had to try it just once, but I don't think we will go again.
Deb

We ate there once a few years ago. I agree with the other posters that the decor and entertainment were great (the belly dancer had both my girls up dancing) and the food was okay. Of course, couple this with the fact that when my DD (probably 7 at the time) starting singing "Bah Bah Black Sheep" when she discovered that some of our meat was lamb!

As with most WDW restaurants, I would only go if I was interested in the food. I really liked my meal. My DH & DS weren't as impressed. We were seated on the 2nd level to the side in the very back. We were totally left out of the entertainment & our server was really slack. We kind of felt like our table, the one in front of us, & the 2 beside us were marooned on a deserted island with no help in sight. :laughing: To be honest, we chose the restaurant partially because we're adventurous, but mostly for the entertainment. We won't make that mistake again at any restaurant. We will give RM another try someday for the food alone, but we won't go expecting to be entertained. If we get lucky, & someone acknowledges we're actually in the restaurant, that will be even better. :teeth:

Wow...I am starting to rethink this....anyone else???

We just ate there last Friday.

I really, really, really wanted it to be one of my favorites of the trip -- I even managed to sneak it in on my family.

Alas, it was not up to our expectations. DH and DD got the shish kebabs, and I got the chicken kebabs. They were okay, but not great.

We also got the Moroccan Symphony for dessert because I love baklava. It was okay.

The iced mint tea and kasbah coffee were very good.

The atmosphere and decor were outstanding.

Next time we will order from the Tangierine Cafe -- their food and desserts looked out of this world when we stopped in there for drinks.

Oh no! These reviews aren't too good and I'm going in December! I wonder if I should try San angel inn instead.

Wow, I'm so surprised at the food reviews! We both LOVED Tangierine Cafe, I guess I just assumed that the TS would be just as yummy. That is disappointing-middle eastern type food is my favorite and I was hoping to try this one on a future trip. I'm wondering now if we should just stick to the Tangierine Cafe...

Have eaten at the counter service in Morocco and I loved that.

Never had the sit down.

Loved Tangeriene Cafe- food was delicious! Never been in Marrakesh, so can't comment, but I love San Angel. The atomosphere and food are great!

I really enjoyed Marrakesh as did my dad. We went last summer and I would say it was my favorite meal of our trip. We were on the premium plan, so our server was a little unsure of what our meal came with, but the food was really wonderful. My dad ran late for our reservation so I had the chance to talk with a young man from Morocco about the cooking philosophy of the country, which gave me a better understanding of what to expect and a better chance to enjoy. I got the beef brewat rolls, shish kabob, and bastilla, I absolutely loved that dessert, although everything was fantastic. My dad got chicken bastilla, chicken kabobs, and Marrakesh delight, he enjoyed his meal as well. I also got a pomegranite juice of some kind, I think it was called a sunrise something, but it was really wonderful, and included on the premium plan.

I would recommend if you can talk to someone in the marketplace who can explain the philosophy of the cooking if you haven't had Moroccan food before it might help to understand the food. From what I've seen on these boards the major complaint is that the food is bland, I didn't find it that way after the discussion.

Last Sept during free dining 6 of us had dinner there and I hate to ell you but we did not enjoy the food. Maybe they were having a bad night but none of us would eat there again

The atmosphere is fun even for kids. The music and singing is entertaning. The belly dancer entertains my kids too. The food is good not great. We had the appetizer of bastilla (sp) and then I got the chicken couscous, DH got the chicken shish kabobs. Both kids got chicken tenders and fries.. they are not into new things. Their portions were a good size. Ours were OK. We ordered the fruit and icecream for dessert and split between three of us. We are NOT on the dining plan......but we do get a 20% DVC discount for lunch.
We eat here usually every year and enjoy it...
I say go for it. The kids can color on the table cloths with crayons. They don't get bored. The service is good!!

The restaurant is gorgeous and the entertainment is fun. My DD enjoyed the belly dancer. However, the food is very poor if you are familiar with this cuisine. I had always wanted to try this restaurant and for my 50th b-day trip, I figured this was the time. I ordered a 40plus dollar sampler meal (can't remember the name) and really couldn't find anything to ooh and ahh about. Even the couscous tasted like the stuff you get in the box from the supermarket. I'm glad we went because I always wanted to eat there, but I would never eat there again.
Lucy's Mom

Wow, I'm so surprised at the food reviews! We both LOVED Tangierine Cafe, I guess I just assumed that the TS would be just as yummy. That is disappointing-middle eastern type food is my favorite and I was hoping to try this one on a future trip. I'm wondering now if we should just stick to the Tangierine Cafe...

Have eaten at the counter service in Morocco and I loved that.

Never had the sit down.

Loved Tangeriene Cafe- food was delicious! Never been in Marrakesh, so can't comment, but I love San Angel. The atomosphere and food are great!

I LOVE :lovestruc LOVE the Tangerine Cafe and I feel just as strongly about Marrakesh... but in the complete other direction. This is just one girl's opinion, but I thought it was terrible and I would never go there again unless some serious changes were made (and by that I mean if they closed it and reopened as a whole new restaurant that actually serves good food). :lmao: That sounds harsh and there have certainly been other people on these boards that enjoyed it. I am just really not one of those people. And it baffles me that the food from the CS location is so amazingly great while the TS place is so nasty. You'd think they could work together or something. :laughing:

I would recommend a change to San Angel, if that was your second choice. It's also a rather controversial love it or hate it sort of place, but if you like Mexican food and great atmostphere, it's the place to be. :thumbsup2 Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter