• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marr Family's 1st Disney Vacation!!! April 2012

tamarr44

Mom to Future Buckeyes!!
This is my first PTR...

I'm so excited to finally have booked and paid for our 1st Disney Vacation!!!

esq0cy.jpg

Here a little about my family:
I'm a Stay at Home Mom, Daisy Girl Scout Leader and homeschool DD. I'm a huge Mickey Mouse fan!! Until my husband and I moved in together my bathroom was Mickey Mouse and there were Mickey Mouse stuffed animals and pillows on my bed.

ok8o3r.jpg

DH is about to medically retire from the US Navy after 9 years. DH is an Eeyore fan!! He has him tattooed on his arm.

aqy6s.jpg

DD (7) is a homeschooled 1st grader. She is a BIG Princess fan, especially Princess Tiana!! She just had a Princess Tiana birthday party.

33450rc.jpg

DS (2) is a Disney fan, anything Disney!! He loves Cars and Toy Story!! I think he knows more characters than I do.

This is a well deserved vacation!! In 2010 we were stationed in Hawaii, DH was diagnosed with PTSD/Depression right after we moved there. Shortly after his diagnosis, the kids and I moved to Ohio so that he could get the medical treatment he so needed. We have lived apart for 14 months. With DH finally coming home we decided that we all needed a vacation, there was no doubt that it would be the Disney!!

bjeph1.jpg

We let DS pick our hotel since DD helped plan the rest of the trip. DS picked All Star Movies because of the Toy Story buildings. We have tons of Character Dining planned. We will be going to Cinderella's Happily Ever After Dinner, Donald's Safari Breakfast, Crystal Palace Buffet, Chip and Dale's Harvest Feast and Disney Jr Play & Dine Breakfast. I can't wait to see their faces when they see all the characters.

Day 1: Shopping at DTD and MK
Day 2: AK and MK
Day 3: MK and EP
Day 4: HS

Is there any advice any of you "seasoned" Disney Goers could give us?

Hi ! Joining in on your PTR. :goodvibes

You have a beautiful family and your kids are A-dorable ! :love:

The only advice I have is to split DTD and HS into one day and spend a whole day at MK. We never do a full HS day .. there just doesn't seem to be enough to do. We either show up real late or leave early (usually by 5pm) and head to DTD. But thats us .. we've seen and done everything, so we know what we really want. We actually end up doing 2 days EPCOT because it's SO big. My kids could spend a whole day just between The Sea's and The Land !
But World Showcase is a nice stroll .. but takes quite a bit of time if you like to stop in each country.

Looking forward to reading more !

We got our ears and our first package from Disney!! The kids are so excited!!

2nvpqh.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter