Mark&sue's Relaxing (Boring) August 2007 trip - Day 9

mark&sue

<font color=teal>I keep trying to convert everybod
Saturday 25th August

We are just so enjoying this cruise. Today is the day we go to Castaway Cay (Disney's own island in the Bahamas). Most people leave the ship early but we stay a while to have some breakfast up on deck while it is quiet

WaltDisneyWorldandCruiseAugust20-111.jpg

It is lovely to seem to have the ship to ourselves

WaltDisneyWorldandCruiseAugust20-112.jpg

The pool area is really quiet

WaltDisneyWorldandCruiseAugust20-93.jpg

Before we go ashore we take a couple of photos of the Flying Dutchman from the Wonder

WaltDisneyWorldandCruiseAugust20-94.jpg

WaltDisneyWorldandCruiseAugust20-95.jpg

The first thing we do is get a photo of us all with Captain Jack Sparrow

WaltDisneyWorldandCruiseAugust20-3.jpg

More of the Flying Dutchman as we love POTC

WaltDisneyWorldandCruiseAugust20-43.jpg

WaltDisneyWorldandCruiseAugust20-97.jpg

We go to the shop and buy a lovely towel

WaltDisneyWorldandCruiseAugust20-16.jpg

We also buy some sunglasses for me as it is so bright and I never wear sunglasses and a castaway cay pin.

We are taking Kirsty to the teen beach and take a photo of the flying dutchman and the wonder

WaltDisneyWorldandCruiseAugust20-104.jpg

We drop off Kirsty and do not see her for the rest of the day. Me and Mark take the long walk to the adults only beach.

This is complete heaven. We seem to the only ones here!!!

WaltDisneyWorldandCruiseAugust20-102.jpg

This place is truly amazing

WaltDisneyWorldandCruiseAugust20-101.jpg

First we find a hammock

WaltDisneyWorldandCruiseAugust20-100.jpg

Then we order some drinks from the waiters walking up and down the beach just waiting to serve you.

Mark orders me a surprise which turns out to be some sort of Baileys cocktail which was absolutely delicious. I am still very hot and have to stay under the umbrella.

WaltDisneyWorldandCruiseAugust20-98.jpg

We decide to go and sit out in the sea on the little chairs to cool down and this is just fantastic

WaltDisneyWorldandCruiseAugust20-108.jpg

WaltDisneyWorldandCruiseAugust20-7.jpg

We have the most wonderful BBQ late lunch before taking the tram back to the ship

A couple more photos before going back

WaltDisneyWorldandCruiseAugust20-103.jpg

WaltDisneyWorldandCruiseAugust20-96.jpg

Mark wants to take a photo of me from our balcony, so he waits for me to appear

WaltDisneyWorldandCruiseAugust20-17.jpg

A bit closer. Here I am

WaltDisneyWorldandCruiseAugust20-18.jpg

We spend the rest of the afternoon relaxing on the verandah with our drinks.

I am now starting to panic that Kirsty will not get back before the ship leaves. We look for her but can not see her in the huge queue to get back on the ship

WaltDisneyWorldandCruiseAugust20-109.jpg

where can she be

WaltDisneyWorldandCruiseAugust20-63.jpg

Mark notices a couple of kids with towels over their heads pushing in and Kirsty is with them. Do they think they are invisible with those towels on their heads??

We take a photo so we can make her feel guilty when she gets back. I am just pleased she has got back on the ship!!!

WaltDisneyWorldandCruiseAugust20-64.jpg

It is quite sad now as we need to pack as our cases have to be outside our room by 11 p.m. tonight. A last photo of the cabin

WaltDisneyWorldandCruiseAugust20-110.jpg

and a final one of Castaway Cay from our cabin

WaltDisneyWorldandCruiseAugust20-5.jpg

The best show of all was the Disney Dreams show tonight and the tears were just streaming down my face practically the whole show. All the classic songs and characters. These shows are so magical and have made my stay here even better than I could have imagined.

We go to dinner in Animators Palate and meet up with the family from the first night. Our servers were awful and extremely slow getting food orders wrong and not making sure we had enough to drink!! The family were really annoyed as they missed the farewell party. We were not too bothered just sad to be leaving tomorrow.

Kirsty went off to the teen club while me and Mark went for a drink. When we came back to the cabin and Kirsty was still not back. I feel asleep and Kirsty woke me when she got back at 1.00 a.m. Can't believe she is staying out later than us!

She had had a great time on the cruise and it gave her a chance to get away from mum and dad. We all loved this cruise and can't wait to go back on another.

Susan

Sue, your photos are brilliant. It's obvious that you had a fantastic time on your Cruise. One of the reasons we like to Cruise is not just the Bahama Mamas (though they do help :rotfl2: ) but the fact that the girls can do pretty much what they like and in a safe and 'Wonder'ful place

Do you think you'll do another Disney Cruise in the future ?

Thanks for sharing your fab reports and photos

Mandy :)

Mandy

We will definately do another disney cruise. I am really keen to do the med cruise. Hopefully when the new ships are finished they will do one every summer.

susan

Fantastic report Susan and wonderful photos, it brought back some lovely memories of the cruise:goodvibes

well Sue you have even made me consider a cruise and that is some feat !

your photos are great :thumbsup2

Lovely photos Sue, looks as though you had a WONDERful time:)

We're looking forward to our second cruise next year:yay:

Another great trip report. I love the photos. Heaven :cloud9: I so cant wait to go in the future.

Hi Sue,

What date did you go on the cruise? We were there too, sailed out on the 30th August. Your pictures are just great, we only took a few as DH said he would take DVD but of course that came out all shaky!

I totally agree with you on how wonderful it is, looking at your journal makes me want to be there all over again, thanks for sharing your family's pics - its been really interesting reading your exciting journey.

Regards

Michelle

Michelle

We went a week earlier on 23rd August and yes I so want to go on another one

Susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter