• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mariner's club

K

kat28

Does anyone have any information about the Mariner's club (rpr)? In particular, what ages does it accomodate?

Thanks for the help

The clubs are for ages 4-14 . I think it runs $10 an hour first kid and $8 for each additional. They will feed them dinner ($10?) My kids have gone to the one at HR and Portofino and really enjoyed the program and activities. They give the parents a beeper in case they need to reach you. The clubs offer PC's, video games, crafts, movies and many other activities. The hours vary depending on the season.

is it really safe leaving your kids at the mariners club after the incident in IOA with the sacked CM ?
I really worry about leaving my kids with anyone but my mother in law, but would like to have a night out at city walk till about 11 pm

Are the kids-club nannies female ?
How late can they stay there ? are there areas where they can sleep?

Good questions floridalover. I'd like to know the answer to them also.

Like you, my husband and I would like to go to citywalk just for a few hours without our daughter. When she was small, we used the neverland club when we stayed at Disney's polynesian.

I haven't heard about incident that you're talking about. Could you elaborate? What is a CM?

Thanks.

If we start getting uptight about every little incident we read about, we'll have to keep our children home from school, not let them participate in sports teams or scouts,etc. It's sad, but we can never be assured that any of us are totally safe from harm. The people at these "kids clubs" are screened and there are enough people there to make sure nothing inappropriate happens.

First of all, I am somewhat offended by the comment of whether the people that work there are female. Abuse has happened from both sexes. What is important is that those that work there are screened individually, which is the case at the Mariner's Club.

Those that work there all have experience with children, one is a Kindergarten teacher by day, Mariner's Club attendant by night. The club is designed so that anyone can see what is going on inside...many times there are adults that see the ping pong table and all but beg to be let inside.

Overall, it is a very safe place...and you should feel completely safe leaving your child there while you go to CityWalk.

Reason I inquired about female staff is that my kids would refuse to stay if there were male nannies, they are quite shy. They have only ever been looked after by my MIL and ther nursery & school teachers are all female. I am sorry to have caused offence.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter