• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mariah Carey IS the godmother of Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mariah Carey it is. Ship has been christened. Can't believe this. What a huge screw up. sorry if i offend anyone, i just care so much about DCL. So many choices, i hope someone can justify this choice. I will apologize profusely.

There was a brief moment where it was rumored to be Lindsey Lohan!:sick:
Makes me actually thankful it's Mariah Carey.....Sort of.

I still say Angela Lansbury or Julie Andrews would have been better godmothers, but like someone said, at least it isn't Lindsay Lohan

UGH - Whomever made that decision should be fired. It almost makes me want to cancel our Fantasy trip. Mariah Carey is a skank. I can't stand her.

Who Cares!

It's not like she's driving the ship or something. THAT, would be worth complaining about.

Who are the godparents of the other ships? Why are there godparents in the first place? Do they get some kind of benefit from it or is it just the "prestige" of the title?

When I told DH, he said, "What?? I don't want to go anymore!" :lmao:
Ok, I guess it's just me and the kids!:rotfl2:
We'll send you a postcard from the Caribbean!

Did she just "press a button" inside the atrium and someone else got a radio call to drop the bottle without her and everyone else even seeing the bottle break? Did it break?

If so, the Fantasy has not been Christened properly. Period.

Shame on you DCL for keeping this so private for VIP's only and disrespecting everyone in NY and those who will give they're hard earned cash to cruise on your ship. Shame on you. Absolutely disgusted.

Bob Iger is an idiot to have allowed this to happen.
Bob Iger should be sacked!

Ex Techie :(

She's done the Christmas Special a couple of times, I'm sort of indifferent. I enjoy some of her music. Surprised by some of the haters, must be nice to be so perfect!

To each their own. She has a long association with Disney and is a great choice for Godmother of Disney Fantasy.

I have NEVER associated her with Disney. What has she ever done aside from signing a song or two on random Disney specials?? There are at least a dozen better choices - many of which were mentioned in earlier threads. Jodi Benson? Paige O'Hara? Mandy Moore? Give me someone I associate with Disney!

I've nothing against MC personally.

There are just so many people and Character's like Tink was to the Wonder who would have been so more appropriate than a "was popular in the 80's early 90's" singer, to be the Godmother.

I wonder how many DVC point's she has?!? :lmao:

Ex Techie :)

Did she just "press a button" inside the atrium and someone else got a radio call to drop the bottle without her and everyone else even seeing the bottle break? Did it break?

If so, the Fantasy has not been Christened properly. Period.

Shame on you DCL for keeping this so private for VIP's only and disrespecting everyone in NY and those who will give they're hard earned cash to cruise on your ship. Shame on you. Absolutely disgusted.

Bob Iger is an idiot to have allowed this to happen.
Bob Iger should be sacked!

Ex Techie :(

At the Dream's ceremony didn't they do the same kind of thing? Jennifer Hudson pushed a button and the giant bottle dropped. Of course the entire ceremony was done much better, in public, live web-cast, they could actually see the bottle break, etc.

I like Mariah Carey, so I'm not upset over it. Heartbreaker was a pretty good song back in the day:cool1:.

and when I get on the ship I'm not going to care who the godmother is:lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter