• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Maria from Sesame Street....retiring after 44 years

Dan Murphy

We are family.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...beloved-maria-bids-farewell-to-sesame-street/

My two kids, Natalie and VInce, grew up with Sesame Street in the late 70's, early 80's. Vince more so than Natalie. He really enjoyed it. Back then, when I would be watching it to a degree also, I was always impressed by her, she always seemed so very kind.

Best wishes in your retirement, Maria.

Sonia-Manzano_cropped_resized.jpg

I was so shocked to find out that her name was not actually Maria!!!

I hope she has a wonderful retirement as well-she is/was an educational icon from my childhood :)

We saw her on The Sesame Street Float at the Macy's Day parade. My son lives near The Kaufmann Studios in Queens New York, and when I visited him, he asked me if I wanted to go to Sesame Street.

always thought that he was hot. thought that louise didnt deserve her. she was my "mary ann" of sesame street.

I loved Maria when I was a kid. I hope she enjoys her retirement. I had a job as a marketing director at a mall years ago and we hired Loretta Long (Susan) to do a meet and greet at the mall. I ended up picking her up from the airport and got to know her pretty well. She was very sweet and down to earth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter