• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Maria & Bobby's Disney wedding 1/6/11....Randy posted more pics on facebook!!

Mydisneywedding

Making my dreams come true
I have been on this board since May 2008, dreaming and hoping that my wish for a Disney wedding comes true.... Well it's 2010 and it did.

We got engaged in May of 2008, on Mother's day (it was a total surprise and a gift to both our mom's who were there.) After our Mother's Day engagement, I was told we were suppose to get engaged in Disney since we were going on May 16th 2008, but he was too nervous to carry the ring for the trip. That's when he decided to do it a week before and just make it a special day for us and our moms.. I was okay with it but I had to take a picture of my ring in Mickey's hands....

RING2B.jpg

wdldrRXIIO1CnLosN1G5Y7pvR3mSCce0030.jpg

I knew I wanted a Disney wedding since I was a kid, but due to some family issues I knew we had to hold off on planning anything so I was patient. We went back and forth on it since many of his family members didn't like the idea, but we both realized that this is about US... so we called, signed the contract and we are getting married on JANUARY 6, 2011.....

So now this is where we are at:

Planner: Kathleen
Ceremony: Wedding Pavilon at 2:30pm on 1/6/2011
Cake cutting: Grand Floridian
Dinner: Citricos or The Wave(we are still debating)

Congratulations and welcome! I love your ideas so far - the cake looks incredible! You guys make a cute couple, can't wait to see more plans!

Congrats!!! Love the inspiration board...we are actually getting married a couple days after you on 1/11/11...

Congrats!!! Love the inspiration board...we are actually getting married a couple days after you on 1/11/11...

Hi and thank you...

I actually spoke to you recently about an Orlando florist. I had asked you for your name because I was calling Debbie and wanted to make sure I told her you referred me.

I finally got around to starting a journal. Still a little rusty since I can't get the photos to post any smaller, but I'll get there

Congratulations and welcome! I love your ideas so far - the cake looks incredible! You guys make a cute couple, can't wait to see more plans!

Thank you, I loved that cake. I am a cake decorator myself so I am a little obsessed with cakes and wanted something different. I love the roses....

Now I need to wait and see how much is Disney going to charge me for that in 2 tiers. I am an Escape bride so we'll see

Congratulations!! It is very sweet that your DF was worried about carrying around the ring - I don't blame him, I wouldn't want that type of responsibility!

Not to take away from your wedding (I don't want to hijack your pj and talk about my wedding) but our weddings look like they are going to be kind of similar!! I am also getting married at the WP and Narcoossee's and my colour scheme is purple! Your inspiration board is beautiful and makes me happy that I chose purple!

Congrats!!! We are getting married at the WP the day after you!!

All of your planning looks great and I absolutely love your cake!!

Thank you ladies... for the congrats and welcomes!!!

We are very excited, planning an event in 6 months is fun... Good thing I work overnights so I have the entire day to plan.

THINGS WE HAVE SO FAR....

Booked Randy Chapman (I LOVE HIS WORK)

Booked Ana for my make-up (SHE IS SO NICE, HAS BEEN GREAT SO FAR)

Booked our guest hotel rooms (WE ARE PROVIDING THEM AS A THANK YOU)

Booked our Aug. 2010 trip (WE ARE ATTENDING THE OPEN HOUSE)

Purchased the dress (GOT A GREAT DEAL AT KLEINFELD'S BLOWOUT SAMPLE SALE)

Now I am trying to decide on what headpiece I want but here is what I am looking at:

3729_IMG_7587.jpg

head.jpg

Love your color scheme. It is exciting when things start falling to place.

After searching for the perfect invitation, I found this and THIS IS IT....
I am just waiting for a final price since I would like them delivered in Silk boxes

invite1.jpg

Maid of Honor and Bridesmaid dress...

L2002.jpg

Bridal bouquet...

karen_tran_bridal_bouquet.jpg

congrats on the engagement! Your plans look great so far! :goodvibes

Your plans are beautiful!

I'd love to be able to pay for my guests accommodation, but I'd have to set them up in a camp site to be able to afford it. :laughing:

Welcome and congrats! Love your color (ahem, one of my colors was dark purple too :rolleyes1) and those invites are freaking gorgeous! Your details are just fabulous so far!! :goodvibes

I love your idea about doing a blog so that your friends and family who can't make it to Disney can still be a part of your wedding! Your guests are going to love it!

I really like your invitations. Are you doing them yourself or did you order them from a company? I picked out the invitations I wanted back in February, but I just got a sample in the mail, and I was very disappointed. I want something formal, and what I received was a folded piece of paper...not the look I'm going for. I love your colors, by the way!

I really like your invitations. Are you doing them yourself or did you order them from a company? I picked out the invitations I wanted back in February, but I just got a sample in the mail, and I was very disappointed. I want something formal, and what I received was a folded piece of paper...not the look I'm going for. I love your colors, by the way!

Hi Jules,

My invitations are a combination of doing them myself and having someone do them... For the printing and mounting on the stock paper I am using Lynsey from http://www.decadentdesignsllc.com/. I am boxing them myself, putting the purple ribbon and attaching the brooches.

I will be honest with you, they have not been easy. I still dont have the actual invite but finding a box for them has been tough.

Here is what I recommend... go to the website http://www.decadentdesignsllc.com/ Lynsey has beautiful invitations in boxes as well. She is great to work with, great prices and ideas.
Email her and let her know that Maria with the purple Disney wedding invitations referred you. She is really nice. She will help you with ideas.

maria

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter