Mardi Gras ??

cleo

<font color=blue>Egyptian Beauty Queen<br><font co
I have not personally done the Mardi Gras parties, but I'm copying (not moving!) your thread over to the Universal Board for replies on their celebration. Be sure to checkUniversal Studio Forum for more replies!

I plan on going to Florida in late Feb/early March when both
Universal and Disney(pleasure Island) host their Mardi Gras'
on the weekends.
Are either of these celebrations worth planning around ?
Are they both kid friendly or more geared toward adults ?

thanks

Mardi Gras is like the one at New Orleans, minus the drunken debachery. Although you may see a drunk, they are usually few and far between.

Don't miss the Mardi Gras parade, where you get to fight the crowd for beads. Kids have their own special bead-catching area.

You're in there Buschfan!
One-day tics; comp tics; anything that got you in the park.... the Parade & Concerts are "on the house"!
It's a blast!!
Jim

Thanks for the info... More money for beer! Do they still have the beer bongs?

The web site has no info on Mardi Gras, they still have the Holiday stuff up, which ended on Jan 5th. The marketing department needs to get the info out earlier. People need Mardi Gras info now, and it's not on the web site. Ok, I'll cut them some slack, they just got back from the holidays. Let's see how long it takes before the web site is updated. The commercials should be running now, not after the event starts.

We always do Mardis Gras at Universal. We have never done the disney Mardis Gras.

At universal it is excellent. Beads, hats/masks, food...special booths all over...we love it. The parade is a lot of fun.

Your annual pass gets you in..so definately go!:jester:

Don't forget about the concerts. On Sat nights there is a known artist that is there singing.

I am there! I was impressed by the Macy's parade, but this sounds even better. Beads, beer, concerts and no admission fee for pass holders.. Sounds like a perfect disboard meeting opportunity! We should pick a Saturday night that most folks can attend. Barry, are you in? Unfortunately, I may be the occasional drunk that Barry mentioned:rolleyes: .

Maybe arrange a disboard meet and have us on the float and throwing the beads.

Unfortunately, I may be the occasional drunk that Barry mentioned .

Well, I'm pretty sure he was talking about me...but there is always room for one more! :)

Karen :smooth:

The confirmed bands for Mardi Gras 2003 so far are:

Sat 03/08/03 Lynyrd Skynyrd

Sat 03/22/03 Live

Sat 04/12/03 Willie Nelson

That leaves 7 more to be confirmed in the coming weeks....

Jim

Originally posted by maur62
Where do these bands play?

They set up a stage directly across from Mels diner, right in front of the park, Cafe LaBamba and the Makeup show, facting the street...

Karen :smooth:

Don't know about that any more MsDis. Last year they set up there. I was talking to an employee and they were saying that they are going to be setting up a perminate stage in the area that use to be the grave yard area. This way they wouldn't have to be bring heave equipment into the park to do any load ins, they would have the stage back far enough so that they would open up a gate and load in from the rear of the stage. They recently paved the entire area for the balloonopolous.

Oooooh, a meet at MG! I remember that and have a pin to prove it!! Didn't we have a lot of fun? We can't afford it this year, but I am entering every contest I can to try and get back. I first met Barry and Jim and family at the 2001 MG meet and so many more at the 2002 meet, especially my roomate Renee. I even donated some of the prizes for the MIB contest. If you meet again, I am willing to at least send some prizes...Just keep me informed.
Aloha,
Donna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter