Mardi Gras 2016 Concerts Announced

8pm to 9pm, the earlier time the first several weeks, and the later times closer to spring break. The parade is usually 45 minutes before that. Standing room only, some of the more popular concerts may be incredibly packed.

We usually get to the concert area around 6-7, and the girls have always managed to find a place to stand reasonably close up. For Fall Out Boy, we'll probably aim for 5-6pm, but not a lot earlier for us. There are usually a few there REALLY early, but its just a grass field, with nothing to do, not something we've ever had a need to spend hours and hours at.

Can you hear the concerts from other locations in the park or only in the concert area? We will be there March 11 - 13 and while I don't want to line up to see either concert while we're there, it would be fun to hear them while doing other things in the park. Years ago my husband and I went to a local Six Flags when the Beach Boys were playing. We could hear them while riding roller coasters and we thought it was awesome!

Unfortunately not really, the New York area buildings and Transformers do a lot to block the noise. We always wished they would use the huge waterfall projection screens in the lagoon to broadcast out the concert to the middle (especially on the ultra packed concerts) but they have not so far.

Unfortunately not really, the New York area buildings and Transformers do a lot to block the noise. We always wished they would use the huge waterfall projection screens in the lagoon to broadcast out the concert to the middle (especially on the ultra packed concerts) but they have not so far.
Thanks for your quick reply. Are other areas of the park less busy during the concert or would we be better off staying in IOA if we aren't interested in attending the concerts? I do want to see the parade though.

Other areas of the park are pretty quiet usually. Diagon would probably be very slow at that time, for example. The best place to passively see the concert (without getting too deep into crowds) is the street running from Monsters cafe to Transformers (on the New York side). There are screens up in the corner by the former twister attraction where it's usually lighter, and you can hear it there.

Parade wise it starts across from Mel's Diner and loops around, the parade actually passes by Cafe Labamba/Horror Make up show twice. Once on the way in, and once on the way out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter