• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mardi Gras 2009

WDWFreak200

Mouseketeer
Here are some performers that are listed on Pollstar.com:

2/7/09 - KC and the Sunshine Band
2/21/09 - Ne-Yo with Jazmine Sullivan
3/14/09 - Montgomery Gentry
4/11/09 - Trace Adkins

I am really worried about the crowd behavior for Ne-Yo. It's going to be insane and I'm sure a lot of OPD coverage too.

Where will the concerts take place?
At this point, I don't know. They used to have them at the Boneyard but that's been torn up for the HR3 construction. If they get the stage finished in time, they'll have the concerts there. If not...who knows? I'm thinking maybe the Fear Factor arena?

At this point, I don't know. They used to have them at the Boneyard but that's been torn up for the HR3 construction. If they get the stage finished in time, they'll have the concerts there. If not...who knows? I'm thinking maybe the Fear Factor arena?

OK, so forgive me for being a dumb dumb on this, but we have never been to US/IOA so I have no idea what the Boneyard, HR3 nor the Fear Factor arena are. I presume they are inside US somewhere? Does this concert require an extra ticket. I am really looking at 2/21 because that is one of the days I had planned on US, but now I'm rethinking my plans. I have no interest in that concert, nor will my 5 year old. Will it affect crowds? Is it an after hours thing? Thanks for any insight you can provide.

OK, so forgive me for being a dumb dumb on this, but we have never been to US/IOA so I have no idea what the Boneyard, HR3 nor the Fear Factor arena are. I presume they are inside US somewhere? Does this concert require an extra ticket. I am really looking at 2/21 because that is one of the days I had planned on US, but now I'm rethinking my plans. I have no interest in that concert, nor will my 5 year old. Will it affect crowds? Is it an after hours thing? Thanks for any insight you can provide.
Sorry...the Boneyard was the area between Twister and Jimmy Neutron where they used to hold the concerts. It's all torn up now due to the construction of the new coaster. Fear Factor is inside the Studios. The concert is free and does not require an additional ticket. Depending on who's playing that night, the crowds could get quite large. I've never heard of Ne-Yo but I would imagine the crowd will be rather young...based on the OP's comments.

Sorry...the Boneyard was the area between Twister and Jimmy Neutron where they used to hold the concerts. It's all torn up now due to the construction of the new coaster. Fear Factor is inside the Studios. The concert is free and does not require an additional ticket. Depending on who's playing that night, the crowds could get quite large. I've never heard of Ne-Yo but I would imagine the crowd will be rather young...based on the OP's comments.

Super, thanks. We will change plans and not go to US on Saturday! Oh, BTW, Ne-Yo is an R&B/Rap artist, so yes, the crowd will more than likely be younger.

The concerts for Mardi Gras will be held in the new Boneyard stage that is currently being constructed in between Jimmy and Twister. Construction is on schedule and should be finished by the start of Mardi Gras, from what I've heard.

I'm disappointed that there won't be a concert at all while we're there March 15-22nd :(

Will they still do a parade or do they only do that on the nights with the concert?

there are concerts other days..but just not listed yet. its every sat so look out for who is playing on march 21st. I have no interest in seeing any of those people. but then again. i'm not into country, rap, or anyone that old/before my time. last year i saw third eye blind and that was it.

The only area I can think is big enough would be In front of Mel's Diner.
This is were they use too hold it..
The Fear Factor-Jaws area is A bottleneck when crowds are thick!!

I'm still waiting for the official line-up of concerts..Its alittle over a month before it begins and still nothing on there website!!:confused3

I believe that the oncerts are to be held n the new theater by Jimmy Neutron. I think it is going to be called the Hollywood Bowl and be designed after it's namesake, My DW, DD (16), DS (16) and I will be staying at Royal Pacific Feb 17-22. What are the highlights of Mardi Gras??

Plus they have entertainers throughout the park dressed in Mardi Gras outfits,they also have some lesser known New Orleans groups that play in the streets,they have some food booths set up with Louisiana style food and best of all.... BEADS!!!!!I go there to catch as many beads as possible,I still have all the beads i've caught at Mardi Gras at Universal over the years and can probably fill 5-6 shoe boxes with them.So far I'm not seeing many acts that would interest me in seeing them in concert,last year they had some better acts,at least with what they have posted so far.

So far I'm not seeing many acts that would interest me in seeing them in concert,last year they had some better acts,at least with what they have posted so far.
I'm with you...none of those acts interest me either. Heart was amazing!

We will be watching KC and the Sunshine Band since we are going for our anniversary. Every year I really don't book just for the concert but for the event in general which is Saturday nights.:thumbsup2

So far, the only act playing during our vacation will be Trace Adkins. I've not heard of them here in the UK, but will go along if DH wants to check the show out. :)

I did an online survey about 2 weeks ago when visiting the USF website which was basically asking for opinions on the design of their Mardi Gras site. Going by what they had then, it seemed pretty close to completion with only the decision of which option to go with to be made. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter