marcia's journal (comments welcome!)

hey sharon, thanks for stopping by :D. i really am trying my best to be positive even when i don't make the best decisions. today i feel wonderful, so being positive is easy :teeth:

got my 5 mile run in at the gym. ooooh, felt so good! my normal pace is about a 10 minute mile, but today i ran 9:30 min miles! hell yeah!!! then i walked for about 15 minutes. 6 aps, instead of the 5 i thought i'd get (because if i was running outside, i would not have walked another mile...too cold!).

so far i ate breakfast and lunch, and a snack. headed out to a seafood restaurant for dinner in a little bit. i've got 3 target, 6 aps, and whatever flex i feel like using to work with. so i'm gonna have a yummy dinner :)

b: 1/3 cup dry oatmeal (1.5) + 1/4 cup skim (.5) + 1 med banana (1.5) + 1 sm coffee (0) + 4 packets splenda (.5) [2 were in the oatmeal, 2 in the coffee] = 4
post run: pria power bar = 2
l: pbj - 2 slices wheat (2.5) + 2 tbsp chunky pb (4.5) + 2 tbsp raspberry jam (2), + hot cocoa made w/1 cup skim (2) + 1 cup carrots (0) = 11

total so far: 17

like i said, dinner is gonna be whatever i feel like. probably shrimp, scallops, or sole/flounder type fish. mmm, i can't wait! :) i'll report back after we get back :)

Marsha, you are gonna leave me in the DUST at the half marathon!! When I run, I'm thrilled at a 12 minute mile pace (5.0 mph) :p ! You must really be MOVIN'!!! You go, girl!!! I'm so happy that you've worked something out at the fitness center - I was worried about you running 5 miles in the cold and slippery conditions today! I'm such a Mom - can't help the worrying thing! :teeth: :crazy:

Dinner at the seafood restaurant sounds so delish!! Hope it was great! :sunny:

leave you in the dust? nah!!! but i'm running, so of course i'm gonna be going faster than you :p. i'm actually hoping to get my time down lower than that, i assume it will come with more miles and the training i'll be doing over the next year. when i started running, i remember i used to go around 5 or 5.5, just the more you do it, the faster you go i guess. and if i remember correctly, i'm taller than you, so that factors in as well :). and yeah, thanks big time to justin at the new york sports club in nanuet, ny. you are my hero justin! no freezing myself in these nasty temperatures! i'm sure i can still use the mothering...seeing as my own mom is away this weekend, there was no one here to be telling me not to head out in this weather, my dad is oblivious :rolleyes:

so dinner was excellent! i had a cup of lobster bisque, a little bit of salad with fork dipped in the vinaigrette i asked for on the side (i used half a teaspoon at the most...i'm not counting that in points!), then for my main meal, i had sole stuffed with crabmeat. oh man. it was so good. i was expecting the crabmeat stuffing to be mostly breadcrumbs and oily and stuff, but this is a higher class place we went to (thanks dad!), there was only a sprinkle of breadcrumbs, it was pretty much just crab meat rolled up in sole! no sauce, just looked like it had been brushed with butter and then cooked like that. no high buttery taste, although, i did add on 3 points, juuuust in case. also came with wild rice and steamed broccoli. i only ate half of my meal. i like to do that not only so i don't stuff myself, but it makes figuring out points easier, because i can bring home the half that's left and measure it all out :p

i also went ahead and made myself a nice homemade "hot fudge sundae" tonight. my brother had me take him to the supermarket because he wanted oreos. he also loaded up on ice cream sandwiches, ben and jerry's, and other random snack foods. he's nuts. but i decided to pick up a container of smart ones vanilla ice cream, for 1 point a half cup, how can you go wrong? and i grabbed some "light" smuckers hot fudge. put it together with a little whipped cream for a 3.5 point sundae! and it was yummy :)

so here's my wrap up for hte day:

b, l, s: 17 (detailed out a few posts above)
d: 1 cup lobster bisque (4) + 2 oz sole (1) + 4 oz crabmeat (2.5) + 1/3 cup wild rice (1) + 1 cup broccoli (0) + butter "sauce" (3) = 11.5
dessert: 1/2 cup smart ones vanilla (1) + 2 tbsp light hot fudge (2) + 3 tbsp whipped cream (.5) = 3.5

total: 31

target - 20, aps - 6, flex - 5

sounds good to me!

tomorrow has the possibility to throw me off course, but i'm planning ahead. i'm going to the new york rangers superskate with my dad in the afternoon. it's an annual celebrity hockey competition and game for charity. me and my dad go every year. so i want to get up and run early am (short run...i'm switching my off day from sunday to monday to take advantage of the gym i'm paying for!). so i'm thinking i'll eat half a pria bar before i run, and the other half right after. then come home and eat some oatmeal and a banana for breakfast.

that's not the hard part. the game is. no way i want to eat any of the food that's available at the game. so i'm packing myself a lunch box, just like when i was a kid :). it will have half a pbj sandwich, a dannon light n fit, and a snack pack of baby carrots. along with, of course, the requisite large bottle of water.

then we're going out for an early dinner at either our "normal" restaurant, where i will have no problem finding something ww friendly to eat, or to a thin crust pizza place. if we end up at the pizza place, i will only eat a small amount of pizza, and a large salad. i also have girls night tomorrow night with my best friend, which means sex and the city, and friendly's. i plan to get the same thing i got last week: small cup of vanilla ff frozen yogurt w/rainbow sprinkles and whipped cream. i plan on using some flex again tomorrow. not sure how much, it will depend on dinner.

ok, so if i want to get to the gym by 8:30, i better get my butt moving to bed! but first, i will change my clippie, because today was a cheat free day :teeth:

alright, i had another cheat free day! my planning ahead sure worked to my advantage :).

woke up at 8, ate half a pria bar, went to the gym, ran 2.25 miles, walked another 15 minutes. ate the other half of the pria bar. on the drive home, i stopped at dunkin donuts and got a coffee. mmmmm, coffee :p. came home, took a shower, then was rushed to get out the door in time, but made myself oatmeal w/strawberries and also ate a banana. ate my lunch that i had packed for myself at the game. then we went out to dinner at our "normal" restaurant, and i had a really delicious meal of whole wheat pasta, steamed lobster, shrimp and scallops, in a very light barely there tomato/seafood broth type sauce. also had broccoli on the side. as usual, i brought half home, so i have a good lunch for one day this week :)

"ww friendly" desserts are evil. i've had that fudge i made sitting in the freezer. no one else is eating it, and there's a lot of it there. at 2 points in each piece, that's not so bad. but when you cna't stop yourself, it's horrible. i had 2 pieces, then realized i had to stop, so i threw the rest of it out. it was too much of a temptation sitting there. i just had to do it. oh, and i found out bad news about those ww recipe choc chip cookies. there were 24 servings of 2 cookies each, and i did horrendous math (and i feel like such an idiot cause math is my strong suit :rolleyes: ), i read it as 24 cookies, being .5 points each, so i thought i had made 12 one point cookies. wrong! 24 servings of 2 is 48 cookies at .5 points each. 24 cookies at 1 point each. 12 cookies at 2 points each! so i'm not going to go back in my journals and change everything, but i will learn for the future. i guess i should've known that it was too good to be true.

then of course frozen yogurt for girls night :). here's a run down of the day:

s: pria bar = 2
b: 1/4 cup dry oatmeal (1) + 1/2 cup strawberries + med banana (1.5) + cup coffee (0) + 1/4 cup skim (.5) + 3 packets splenda (0) = 3
l: half pbj - 1 slice wheat bread (1) + 1 tbsp pb (2) + 1 tbsp strwberry jam (1), + dannon light n fit (2) + 1 cup carrots (0) = 6
d: 1.5 cups whole wheat pasta (4.5) + 1 oz lobster (.5) + 2 oz scallops (1) + 1 oz shrimp (.5) + sauce (1) = 7.5
s: 2 pieces ww recipe fudge = 4
dessert: 1 cup ff frozen yogurt (4) + 1 tbsp sprinkles (1) + 3 tbsp whipped cream (.5) = 5.5

total: 28

target - 20, aps - 3, flex - 5

another good day. i get to change my clippie again :)

tomorrow's gonna be another tough one...headed to the rangers game with my dad right after work at 5pm sharp. he told me he's just going to stop for a burger at mcdonald's or something. no thanks! i have a snapple meal replacement drink, a pria bar, an apple, and a snack pack of baby carrots all packed up in a lunch box to bring into the game with me. hehe, 2 days in a row bringing in a lunch box to madison square garden. it'll be even funnier if i go through the same security guy :). i'm gonna have a big-ish lunch since i'm not going to be eating a real dinner. and i'm gonna make a bag of popcorn to eat in the car in case i'm hungry for a snack. i've got it all planned out, so i'm not worried. i may have time to check in during the day from work, but if i don't, i won't be around at all tomorrow night because of the game.

it's much later than i wanted to be up tonight, so i'm gonna go change my clippie and head to bed! :faint:

Hi Marcia! Thanks for posting to my journal and thanks for the encouragement. So you're doing WW, great! I see you've had a couple of cheat free days, you should give yourself a pat on the back, not easy to stay on plan and it looks you keep a pretty busy schedule. I think one of the keys is planning ahead and keeping legal foods readily available which it looks like you're doing a great job at. Do you weigh in on Mondays? A lot of us to and I will be tomorrow. Monday is also a day I try to catch up with as many of my WISH buddies as I can, so I'll do my best to check in with you tomorrow. Take care!

Hi, Marcia! You are doing fabulous, girl. I'm inspired by how you're tackling all these special events in your life--I have a mental picture of you in NYC carrying your trusty lunchbox. . .:p
Whatever works, right?

Have a great day. What are you guys going to watch after "Sex in the City" goes off the air??? You'd better start planning now!

Hugs,
Erin

Hi Marcia :wave:

Just a quick thought for you tonight. Mc Donalds has great salads if you steer clear of their dressing. I like the grilled bacon ranch salad. I usually bring it home or back to the office, where I have FF dressing. If I eat it at the restaurant, it is without dressing. (The Newman's ranch has something like 10 grams of fat - just in the dressing! Yikes!:eek: ) Also, I just found Mcd's yogurt parfait! It is so sweet and yummy! In fact, I think I will pick one up today for lunch! They are only 3 points! Yippee! And the salad without dressing is 6 points - not bad, because it is a good size and quite filling with the chicken and all. I end up doing a lot of McDs cause of my kids and a busy schedule. It is so nice to be able to do it healthy now!

And I was so surprised you were able to bring a lunchbox in with you! Everytime I go somewhere, it's no food allowed. In fact last year we went to a local baseball game. I had a large duffle bag with jackets, blankets, rain gear..... There was an opened bag of swedish fish in there as well. They made me throw it out!:mad: Said I couldn't bring any food in!

Well, have a great day and a good time tonight!:sunny:

Marcia, you are doing a wonderful job with all these special events!! Any time I'm out of my workday routine, I seem to struggle, but you always plan ahead and do great! Good for you!

It's also great that you're getting to spend so much special time with your dad - cherish those moments!! ::yes::

Enjoy yourself and here's some extra :wizard: pixie dust for the Rangers!! :sunny:

hehe, me and my lunch box :). i was kinda surprised that i got away with bringing it in. i was just hoping that it would be ok. it's a soft lunch box, one that i actually got as a freebie giveaway at a rangers game one time, so maybe that helped. but the guy just said, no bottles, no cans, but everything else is fine. and he looked in it, looked right at my water bottle, and said, "ok, enjoy!". i was like, um ok. but that sucks when they don't let you bring your own food in, i guess they just want you to spend more money.

lisa - hi, thanks for the support :). no, i don't weigh in on mondays, i weigh in on saturdays. that's just when i started my ww program, and it works for me to have my flex all available for sat and sun nights since that's when my family usually goes out to dinner. even though i am trying to not use them all at once, it's good to have just in case i want to splurge when eating out those days!

erin - i have no idea what we're going to do when it's over! only 4 episodes left! we do watch six feet under also, so hopefully that will be back on season when sex is over. it may be a different day of the week, but i think we will make the necessary adjustments :)

sharon - thanks for the mcdonald's suggestion. good to know that even the evil golden arches has something available if i'm in a bind. although, i won't have to worry about that tonight...more on this below, but i'm not going to the game :(

doe - thanks for the pixiedust for the rangers, they sure need it! they're pretty horrible. and i really do like it when i get to spend time with my dad. i know to make the most of it, since he's usually so busy. and i won't be living at home forever, so now is the time to take advantage of it ::yes::

ok, on to today. i found out i'm not going to the game tonight :(. my dad has to work late, so no game. oh well. threw me a little off course food wise, any change in the schedule messes with me. because now that i can eat real food for dinner, i will not be eating a snapple meal replacement drink. but then someone brought in baked goods and left them here in the kitchen at work...and i got thrown even worse. i'm still fine for the day, even though i ate a small choc chip muffin and a small piece of pound cake. even though they were "small", i'm counting 10 points for my little morning snack. also had a 6 point breakfast and a 6.5 point lunch. and i need to get some dairy in, so i will be having a 2 point cup of skim milk this afternoon.

luckily (since i'm not going to the game, i can see some sort of positive coming from it at least), i will have time to get some aps today. even though it's an off day from running, and i know i need the rest to recover, it's going to take all of my willpower to stay off the treadmill. i just want to earn 5 or 6 aps so bad, to make up for this morning, but i'm going to resist. i've developed what they call "black toenail" on one of my toes, this is a common running thing i have learned (it's actually more purple than black, but it's a little bit painful today). also, i'm feeling my calves a bit more than usual today. must give the body a rest. not good to run 4 days in a row. i'll just have to keep reminding myself that i would be doing more harm than good.

instead, i am going to do my pilates dvd, which will earn me 2 activity points. and i'm going to have a very light dinner. a huuuuuge salad made of lettuce, cucumbers, green peppers, carrots, and some tuna in it. that'll be a 1 point dinner (free veggies, and free dressing). the way it's figured, i'll be using 3.5 flex today, and that's fine. if i'm more hungry around dinner time, i won't starve myself, i'll just eat a bit more, use a few more flex. i'm not gonna worry about it. i feel like i'm in total control, as long as i can keep away from that treadmill :crazy:

ok, i must get back to work. i will check in on everybody else's journal tonight, i'll have plenty of time at home since i'm not going to be at the game.

Hi Marcia!

I'm just checking up on you. Thanks so much for making it over and posting to my journal. I really do appreciate the encouragement! Now I want to give you some. You are doing so well. It's invaluable to plan ahead and when you do that you seem to do so well with your healthy eating. What a smart idea to pack your own food for the outings you have been attending.

You might want to look into getting yourself a digital scale. I love seeing the 1/2 pound loses and I like not having to bend over to try and see how much I weigh and having the scale move. With a digital scale it keeps the weight for 30 seconds after you step off of it. Anyway, just wanted to tell you how inspiring you are to me. And btw, I love your cheat free clippie! It looks great on you. Keep up the great work!

hey lisa, thanks! i'm definitely going to get a digital scale. i think i'm gonna head out shopping tomorrow night after i run and eat dinner.

and i'm doing my best to plan...but today, i got thrown even another loop! my dad called me at 4:35 and said, well, now i don't have to work late, so we are going to the game! be ready at 5. so i had just enough time to run home and get dressed and go back to pick him up (we work at the same office). so there went my 1 point dinner! we had to eat at the game. i got a grilled chicken sandwich from ranch 1, dottie's site lists is at 7.5 points. i can deal with that. it was the best choice available. couldn't very well starve myself. so here's my detailed day:

b: 1 slice wheat toast w/1.5 tbsp peanut butter + 1 med banana = 6
s: choc chip muffin and pound cake = 10
l: leftover stuffed sole + 1/3 cup wild rice + 1 cup broccoli = 6.5
d: ranch 1 chicken sandwich = 7.5

and right now i'm snacking on some carrots which are 0 points.

total: 30

target - 20, flex - 10

i'm very glad for flex points. i didn't have time to do my pilates, and now i'm just headed to bed. so those flex are handy for an unexpected situation.

tomorrow i'm back to running. so i'll be getting 4 aps. i'll eat those, but i'd like to keep the points low tomorrow (24 max) because of my run in with the pastries this morning :). but anyway, i know i said i'd get to everybody's journals tonight, but with the game and all, i didn't get ot. but i really promise that i will tomorrow when there's down time at work ::yes::

off to roll the clippie over another day :hyper: , then to bed. nitey nite!

Hi Marcia, sorry to hear you didn't make it to the game tonight. You had a great day food wise though, great job! I got that Pilates DVD yesterday and I'm anxious to try it out. I'm popping it in the computer after I'm done Dising. Take care!:D

hey lisa, we actually did end up getting to go to the game! it threw my food plan out the window, but it was okay. i really wanted to go to the game, and i had a great time with my dad. and i made the best food choices possible. overall, a very good night :). and the rangers won! which is amazing unto itself!!!

these journals are a great way for me to pass the slow time here at work! i just spent approximately the past hour catching up on everyone's journal! i get bored at work here very easily. pretty much my only responsibility is to answer the phone, sort the mail, deliver packages, and greet guests. well, the mail and packages are done by 11am. guests are few and very infrequent. and the phones can get slow. so i usually read books or magazines, but i love reading wish journals more! :)

today is going to be another cheat free day. it's almost lunch time, and i didn't even eat a morning snack! it was a conscious decision, because of the way i want to plan my food out for the rest of the day. but i'm so proud of myself for making it!

breakfast is eaten (cereal w/fruit), lunch will be leftovers of pasta and seafood, dinner will be pasta with chicken and marinara sauce. and even though i'm running inside, i really want a nice cup of hot cocoa right after my run tonight. i've read it's good for recovery. so i'm gonna do that. i may snack on some raw carrots at some point as well. here's my details so far:

b: cheerios w/skim milk + 1/2 cup strawberries + banana = 4.5

i'll be running 3 miles tonight, then walking and crunches. the way the day is planned out, i'm only eating 21 points, which leaves me with 3 extra aps to eat. but i don't know if i'll want them. the only dessert i will eat tonight will be sf jello w/ff cool whip. i will not fall into the snack trap. so i may not even eat the other 3 points. we'll see. i'll check back later :)

I'm glad you got to go to the game. I think you still did a great job managing your points even though you had already changed your plans. Have a great day!

thanks stephanie! :)

today was another cheat free day. i'm really tired, and i want to head to bed, but i forgot that i started laundry, so now i have to wait for it to get out of the dryer! and there's a blanket of snow outside, supposed to be more. can't wait to dig my car out in the morning :rolleyes:

i'm just gonna go lay down and wait for my laundry, here's a breakdown of my day:

b: detailed above = 4.5
l: leftover whole wheat pasta w/seafood + 1 cup broccoli = 7.5
s: 1 cup skim + nestle ff w/calcium = 2
d: 3 oz chicken + 1 cup whole wheat pasta + mom's sauce + .5 oz part skim mozz + 1 cup broccoli = 8
s: 1 cup carrots = 0
dessert: sf jello + ff cool whip = 0

total: 22

target - 20, aps - 2

ran 3 miles and walked 15 mins to earn 4 aps. also did crunches. tomorrow is a 4 mile day. let's hope i don't get snowed in because i really am feeling good running!

food is planned out for tomorrow already. too tired to detail it out. i'll check back in the morning.

ah, finally making it to my journal today!

woke up normal time, even though i knew we had snow dumped on us and i'd have to shovel. right i was! and i feel so stupid, i shoud have parked at the end of the driveway last night, therefore having to shovel less this morning, but i parked all the way at the front. silly me.

got out into the snow around 8, back into the house around 8:30. i'm supposed to be at work at 8:30. oh well. took a shower, ate breakfast (cereal and fruit), and got into work by 9:10. not too shabby. everybody else was late too. and my online tracker tells me i earned 2 aps from that shoveling. that means i'm going to earn 7aps total today. and i only plan so far to eat 3 of them. maybe i'll have a treat tonight :)

here's what i've eaten so far:

b: 1 cup cheerios + 1 banana + 1/3 cup strawberries + a few blueberries + 1/2 cup skim milk = 4.5
s: dannon light n fit blueberry yogurt = 2

lunch will be a half pbj, some oatmeal, and some carrots (all eaten separate...that would be a weirdo combination :p ). planning on the cup of hot cocoa made w/milk after the run again tonight.

and dinner, my mom is making a hungarian paprika "stew". i put it in quotes, cause it's not really stew. it's pretty much water and beef broth with paprika, onions, and cubes of beef in it. i strain it, because i don't like onions. and then we add our own noodles. the noodles are homemade spetula (sp?). she gave me the recipe to run through my recipe builder, and it comes out to 30 points for the whole batch of noodles. so she's gonna weigh it for me so i can figure out how much i want to eat of the noodles :). thanks mom :). and i'm going to eat some of the beef as well. probably eat a cup of steamed broccoli on the side too. mmm, i'm really looking forward to this dinner. reminds me of my grandma :)

ok, i'm off to go read and waste the rest of the time until lunch break. i'll check back later.

Marcia, I'm glad you got to see the Rangers win, and you made good food choices at the game!

All this snow is getting me down! :mad: What a pain to shovel, but at least it earns you extra APs right? You have been doing such a great job with your food choices and your exercise. I need to take a page from your journal and start eating more veggies!! You must really like broccoli! :p

Keep up the great work! :sunny:

Hi Marcia,

I am so proud of you for making good food choices at that game. I hate when I get thrown off schedule but you did a good job!

I don't like shoveling snow, thank goodness for now we live in a condo complex where they do it for us.

I love your positive attitude, it just jumps out at you when you read your entries. I'm glad to hear that you are planning your meals in advance, that makes such a difference. Keep up the great work and thanks for supporting me. I hope you know I am here supporting and encouraging you right back!

Have a good afternoon and evening.

P.S. Is your job hiring?;)

the snow is getting me down too. when i had the realization that i had to dig myself out, ugh, i was so bummed. the worst is the end of the driveway where they plow you in and it's much higher and heavier snow. yick. definitely a workout.

doe, i really do love broccoli! i know that's a totally weird food to love, but i do. i know i had planned on a cup with dinner, but there was none left, i guess my dad ate it yesterday. and i didn't feel like making more. but the soup my mom made filled me up real well, so it wasn't a big deal. and i had already eaten some other fruits and veggies throughout the day.

lisa, thank you so much! that's nice to hear that i sound positive, because i'm really the queen of negativity! i'm such a pessimist. but i really am trying to work on that. i guess i must be doing something right then :). and hehe, sorry, my job isn't hiring :p. they will be when i finally get out of there though. i know it sounds great because i don't do much, but it's really unfulfilling, and i feel like i went to college for nothing. and it doesn't pay well either. i need to find something else or go back to school :)

tired is hitting me really early tonight, so i'm just going to detail out my day from today and then hit the sack. i'll get to everyone else's journals in the morning.

b: 1 cup cheerios + 1 banana + 1/3 cup strawberries + a few blueberries + 1/2 cup skim milk = 4.5
s: dannon light n fit blueberry yogurt = 2
l: slice wheat bread + 2 tbsp peanut butter + 1 tbsp jam = 6.5
1/3 cup oatmeal + 1/4 cup skim + 2 packets splenda = 2
1 cup carrots = 0 (lunch total = 8.5)
s: 1/2 cup skim + 1/2 cup water + nestle ff cocoa = 1
d: mom's "stew" and spetula = 8.5

total so far: 24.5 (20 target, 4.5 aps)

i have 2.5 aps left (ran 4 miles, walked 15 minutes, and don't forget the shoveling!). i think i'm gonna have me some dessert, i want strawberries and blueberries, but i don't have enough for tonight and breakfast tomorrow, so i think i'll save them for breakfast. maybe i'll have a scoop (1/2 cup) of smart ones vanilla with some rainbow sprinkles. that'll be 2 points. i think that sounds good.

tomorrow, my plan is pretty much the same as today, except i won't be having a yogurt for snack, i'm going to have cucumbers and peppers instead.

alright, that's a wrap for me :)

Hi Marcia, sorry I haven't come by the last couple of days. Looks like you've been staying on plan. Glad you got to go to the baseball game and that you had a good time. Sorry my post is so short, trying to say hi to everyone before hitting the hay. Good night!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter