Marching Our Way to a Healthy Lifestyle ~ March 2016 WISH Challenge

I'm sick, 2 out of three kids are sick, and all I want to do is snack. I think it's best if I bow out of this challenge for this month. I'm not feeling very motivated at the moment. It's like reverse psychology. As soon as I become all gung-ho about stuff it backfires. But when I don't make it a priority everything is easier.

You guyyyssssss.... I can't sleep and the boards were down so I might've just booked AllStar Music for April 7-9. o_Oo_O It can be cancelled anytime before April 2, though, so I will probably go back and forth a billion times before then. In fact, I just went to cancel it. But then I decided I'd wait a couple of days. :rotfl: Y'all why am I such a mess. Ugh. I'm also having severe doubt/panic over my shop right now. And I looked at wedding/Disneymoon pictures and I'm so so so mad at myself for letting myself put all that weight back on!!! UGH. Someone turn my brain off please!

Okay..... I stink! I never managed to get back here last night, and of course, this morning while I had time to read and reply, the Dis was down. Dang it!
Still here at DD's place.... leaving in a few hours to head home. I'll be back over the weekend to hopefully play catch up here!............P

I'm sick, 2 out of three kids are sick, and all I want to do is snack. I think it's best if I bow out of this challenge for this month. I'm not feeling very motivated at the moment. It's like reverse psychology. As soon as I become all gung-ho about stuff it backfires. But when I don't make it a priority everything is easier.

I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling. Even if you're not fully participating, we'd still love it if you stopped by once in a while to let us know how you're doing.
Feel better!

You guyyyssssss.... I can't sleep and the boards were down so I might've just booked AllStar Music for April 7-9. o_Oo_O It can be cancelled anytime before April 2, though, so I will probably go back and forth a billion times before then. In fact, I just went to cancel it. But then I decided I'd wait a couple of days. :rotfl: Y'all why am I such a mess. Ugh. I'm also having severe doubt/panic over my shop right now. And I looked at wedding/Disneymoon pictures and I'm so so so mad at myself for letting myself put all that weight back on!!! UGH. Someone turn my brain off please!
Sigh. Room cancelled.

DIS down time can be dangerous.
And I think we all have those moments where our brains just won't shut off ... it sucks. I wish I had a solution to offer, but I have yet to find one.

Wildcard Weekend – Friday, March 11th:

This weekend we’re celebrating a parade that ran at Disney’s Animal Kingdom from 2001 through 2014… Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade!

DSC04102-560x372.jpg

Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade featured more than 60 characters and performers. Introduced as part of the 100 Years of Magic celebration in 2001, the parade continued long after that celebration was over. In addition to the vehicles carrying famous Disney characters, giant animal representations and puppets interacted with guests. For each parade, one lucky family was selected to ride with Rafiki in the lead parade vehicle.

Has anyone seen this parade? Please share your pictures!

Our theme for the month is marching, but many parades, including Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade, include some dancing. In addition to being fun, dancing can also be a great way to burn calories. Let’s talk a bit about that this weekend.

Have you ever tried a dance-related workout? Have you ever taken dance classes?
Do you enjoy dancing for fun (outside of working out)? What’s your favorite style of dance?

Also, please join me in wishing a happy 41st birthday to one of our awesome participants for the month, @Dr Gunnie!

http://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Disney-World-Happy-Birthday-from-tipsfromthedisneydiva.com_.jpg

Weekly Challenge – Week 2:

We’re introducing something new this month – weekly challenges! Every Friday I’ll post a challenge, and you’ll have until the following Thursday to answer the challenge. Challenges are about sharing with your fellow participants and bringing everyone closer to your favorite parts of living a healthy lifestyle.

Thanks to all those who participated in the first challenge – it was awesome to see all of your beautiful pictures!!

This Week’s Challenge:
Love to cook? What’s your “prettiest” healthy meal? Make that dish this week, and show us a picture of a healthy meal that looks as good as it tastes. If you can, make that healthy meal for yourself this week – eating healthy can be so much easier when the food looks and tastes delicious. Please feel free to share the recipe with us too!
Not much of a chef? Please post a picture (and recipe) of a healthy dish that you truly enjoy eating – whether it’s something made by a family member, a favorite restaurant dish, or your secret healthy Disney food obsession! Just make sure to tell us about the special healthy dish you ate this week!

Challenge Due Date: Thursday, March 17th

This weekend we’re celebrating a parade that ran at Disney’s Animal Kingdom from 2001 through 2014… Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade!

DSC04102-560x372.jpg

Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade featured more than 60 characters and performers. Introduced as part of the 100 Years of Magic celebration in 2001, the parade continued long after that celebration was over. In addition to the vehicles carrying famous Disney characters, giant animal representations and puppets interacted with guests. For each parade, one lucky family was selected to ride with Rafiki in the lead parade vehicle.

Our theme for the month is marching, but many parades, including Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade, include some dancing. In addition to being fun, dancing can also be a great way to burn calories. Let’s talk a bit about that this weekend.

Do you enjoy dancing for fun (outside of working out)? What’s your favorite style of dance?

Also, please join me in wishing a happy 41st birthday to one of our awesome participants for the month, @Dr Gunnie!

http://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Disney-World-Happy-Birthday-from-tipsfromthedisneydiva.com_.jpg

Happy Birthday @Dr Gunnie !!!

I love to dance and will dance around the living room with my daughter. We were doing this last night as I walked up and down hall way to get my last 1,000 steps. This one ended badly. She hit her elbow on a door knob. This is my child that is way over dramatic about everything. It was the end of the world and she refused to move it until I saw her leaning in it this morning and told her "if you can do that it is not broke".

I took a dance class when I was a senior is high school. I loved it. I was the oldest by far but blended in because I am so short. I am only 4'9". Now I will do the just dance video games with my kids. I am exhausted when I am done. But we all have fun doing it.

Weekly Challenge – Week 2:

We’re introducing something new this month – weekly challenges! Every Friday I’ll post a challenge, and you’ll have until the following Thursday to answer the challenge. Challenges are about sharing with your fellow participants and bringing everyone closer to your favorite parts of living a healthy lifestyle.

Thanks to all those who participated in the first challenge – it was awesome to see all of your beautiful pictures!!

This Week’s Challenge:
Love to cook? What’s your “prettiest” healthy meal? Make that dish this week, and show us a picture of a healthy meal that looks as good as it tastes. If you can, make that healthy meal for yourself this week – eating healthy can be so much easier when the food looks and tastes delicious. Please feel free to share the recipe with us too!
Not much of a chef? Please post a picture (and recipe) of a healthy dish that you truly enjoy eating – whether it’s something made by a family member, a favorite restaurant dish, or your secret healthy Disney food obsession! Just make sure to tell us about the special healthy dish you ate this week!

Challenge Due Date: Thursday, March 17th

I don't know if I will get a picture of any food this weekend. I only cook on the weekends and my husband cooks during the week. I woke up at 3 this morning sick and seem to be going down hill as the morning goes on. When I am sick I will not go near any food. On the weekends I try to make something that will give me left overs to eat for lunch during the week. I can across this one about a year ago. We all love it except my over dramatic daughter who refuses to eat any kind of red sauce. This gives me plenty of left overs too. Since I will most likely not be making it this weekend I will post a link to it.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2014/01/easy-macaroni-casserole.html

I love that it has a ton of veggies. You can't even tell that they are in there.

DSC04102-560x372.jpg

Happy birthday @DrGunnie

I've done some dance workouts via YouTube and I liked them well enough, but I like my app more.

We bought our treadmill a few years ago, and I think it's really worth it. When I first started running (like 5 years ago), I stopped when it got cold out because I didn't want to run in the cold and I didn't want to join a gym. I tried running again a few years later, starting outside, but by then we had the treadmill, so when it got cold out, I just ran on the treadmill. It made a huge difference in my attitude and my willingness to run knowing that I had that option easily available. So if you're willing to pay the price, I highly recommend the treadmill.
Of course, now I just run outside in the cold. But I do still like having the treadmill available for extreme weather conditions.

I actually really enjoy running on the treadmill and that's where most of my running gets done throughout the week. On the weekends when it's nice I will usually run outside. But I don't like running outside in the dark and I can't run outside when it gets too cold otherwise I won't be able to breathe lol. So I'm glad to know that you've had a good experience with owning a treadmill. My parents had one for the longest time and I was pretty much the only one who ever used it. It was just so convenient to have!

DSC04102-560x372.jpg

I used to Jazzercise which I really enjoyed but it was too expensive and there are obviously set schedule times that didn't work well for my schedule. My choice was either a 5:40p class or a 6:45p class. It was nearly impossible for me to get there, change, and be ready by 5:40p and 6:45p was too late. So I gave up my membership and started running instead. But I do still love the classes and if it was cheaper/closer I would totally do it again!

SO I talked to my DH last night and we've decided that we can totally make WDW Dec 2016 a reality and I'm SO excited. It looked like I wouldn't be going to Disney at all this year which was sad but I had come to accept it. But I literally feel like bouncing up and down with excitement.

DSC04102-560x372.jpg

I tried Barre last month. It's kind of like ballet I guess. I didn't enjoy it because I didn't understand how to do the moves - and they say you need to go at least 3 times before you understand it. I've never been into dance much but I LOVED DDR as a teenager and played constantly at home. But my boyfriend is debating getting some dance games on the PS4... hoping they're good!

DSC04102-560x372.jpg

I do crazy dancing every once in a while, in the house, where no one can see. I would like to learn to dance at some point, but haven't done anything about it yet. When I read about people using the dance-off games for exercise it sounds fun, and like something I might like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter