March-warm enough?

seashell724

DIS Veteran
Is March typically nice and warm/hot to go on a cruise? We would do the 3 day. I would mainly want to enjoy the pool, beaches and other outdoor activities.

I'm torn on this myself. We did the 3-day Bahamas last year over the very first weekend of March and it was really warm and good vacation weather. This year, we took the 7-day eastern and I wouldn't do that again in March. It was warm, but the days at sea were cool and windy and I would have liked it warmer for swimming in St. Thomas and St. Maarten. It certainly could have been worse, but I like it hot! A few years ago we cruised in May and that was by far the best weather we've had.

I was on the Eastern last week, and I thought the temperature was perfect. We actually hesitated booking a June 2009 trip because we were afraid it would be too hot. The seas were a little rough, but it didn't keep us down at all-- just had to take some Bonine and get green apples and ginger ale.

We've done 2 mid-March cruises. Weather was beautiful for beach, swimming, etc. Warm, but not ugly hot. We never wore the 1 sweatshirt I brough for each of us.

Oh! I do hope the weather will be nice! We are booking the first week of march and as Canadians, I am sure that any thing sunny where we can wear shorts will make us happy! :rotfl:
Just no rain please and thanks God! LOL

The3Charbys

March can be iffy, it seems, but I will state for the record that from 3/13 - 16, the weather in Nassau and CC was perfect. Perfect.

I've heard others say that May is the best combination of weather and value.

We've almost always sailed in March, early March, and it has been perfect. Especially coming from Northeast USA, where it is freezing! The one year we went in Sept, it was not as enjoyable. It was so HOT and my toddler just couldn't enjoy being outside.

I'd love to go in May sometime, it just doesn't work out with our schedule. I think that would be a nice time to cruise (and a bit less expensive than Mar/Apr).

March 11th at CC was perfect, just perfect!! I wish I was still there...:cloud9:

It depends on what you mean by 'warm enough'. We had a cold front come through last night and the high was only 68° today. I think the high in Nassau was 75°. That's not warm enough for me, but it may be for you. ;) However, normally the high is in the low 80's in Nassau in March.

the Magic is in rough water today and missed the Cayman Islands. See the post "on the Magic now" poor people:sad2:

Rob

March/April are perfect temperature wise - warm but not sweltering and cool in the evening on deck. I LOVE IT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter