March trip to Daytona

BuhByeNebraska

Earning My Ears
We will be visiting Daytona towards the end of March, and then driving to Disney. Can someone fill me in on what to expect if we are there near spring break time? We will be there with DH on business, so the Daytona portion is unavoidable. Both kids are looking forward to the beach. Will the water be warm enough to swim in? Thanks for any recommendations.

Hi I live in Daytona, and can tell you that there will be spring breakers here in March! Right now, the Nascar folks are in town, then Bike Week (motorcycles) starts the beginning of March, with spring break overlap before and after. However, the city has made a determined effort to control the quantity of breakers vs the quality of family vacations - no more MTV party with Jerry Springer, etc.! The breakers seem to congregate more toward the Boardwalk/main part of town (where the clubs are) - if you stay south, say like the Shores area, you will have a lot less congestion. As far as water temp, I like warm warm warm so I'm not a good one to ask, but kids don't seem to mind and swim whatever the temp - water should be mid-sixties or more by then - brrr to me, but kids on the beach will play in the surf 'till their lips are purple!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter