• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March Tavelers who need a Minivan

soontobewed07

DIS Veteran
I just scored a minivan on priceline for $19/day with taxes for 8 days 11 hours it cost me $244.72 which is almost a hundred dollars lower than any place else. I should mention the rental is with Avis and my travel dates are March 2nd to the 10th. I hope that helps we were getting desperate and going to pay the 354.00 at dollar. :scared:

I just scored a minivan on priceline for $19/day with taxes for 8 days 11 hours it cost me $244.72 which is almost a hundred dollars lower than any place else. I should mention the rental is with Avis and my travel dates are March 2nd to the 10th. I hope that helps we were getting desperate and going to pay the 354.00 at dollar. :scared:

I'm thinking about using priceline as well. I have used them several times for hotels but never for car rental. I have a minivan booked for Fort Myers from March 13 - 23 for 10 days and total is $393.00. I booked that well over a month ago through the Southwest site and that was the best I could find. I could probably save $100.00 if I use priceline so will probably give it a try.

Hi Jillian, did you have to use any codes/IDs to get that rate? I tried our dates March 11-18th on the Avis website but the total is over $600 + taxes for a minivan.. yikes!

I named my own price. I had the same problem. You have to pay upfront it was so worth it as you can see. I was willing to take a shuttle to get a the rental I couldn't stand the prices. If you can pay upfront do it you just have to be open to what you get.

The longer you wait the better the deal. I was excited to get 8 day minivan rental 3/6 - 3/13 for $295 thru priceline. Paid $24 per day. You did even better. I placed bid mid-Feb - quess I should have waited a little longer.

And the best deals I could find were around $400 thru a regular rental company (without using any questionable South American discount codes).

Best of luck to all

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter