• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

march or april?

Ellielovesdisney

Mouseketeer
I am working on trying to maybe plan another trip to WDW. If we go our possible date for 2009 are the second week in March or April 9-12 (easter weekend). Which would be worse crowd-wise...or are both rediculously crowded and we should just forget it? April is tempting since it is regular season. thanks for your input -
holly

im pretty sure the crowd seasons change every year and the reason march is a peak season this year was because of easter being in march. For next year, I would assume Easter weekend would be more crowded, but I'm sure someone will be along who knows better than I do.

I didn't think of that...After reading about how crowded last easter was...I think I may be better off sticking with spring break...or maybe even summer (gasp!)

I'll tell ya, I always go around the same time every year (well the past two years). We go around May 17th (or the date of that Saturday closest to the 17th). We stay until Memorial day weekend, and sometimes a few days after. The first 2/3 of the trip is great. Hot weather, short lines (I think the most we waited was 40 minutes and that was for Soarin'), and I think it is the perfect time to go. I know it's not March or April, but it's close enough! You may have kids though, judging by the easter and spring break references?

I always go in March, and typically it's tolerable crowds. This past year though, with Easter, the crowds were ridiculous. I couldn't even deal w/being in the parks because I was not used to crowds this big there. I would say Easter made a huge difference in crowd size, and if you can avoid Easter month, do it. Yes, it's still Spring Break time - so either way it will be crowded, but IMO Easter is worse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter