March - Disney experience

Bambi222

Mouseketeer
We have booked for March 7-14, which is considered Peak season, however, it appears to run into spring break towards the end, at least I am hoping so.

Has anyone gone the 2nd week in March and if so, could you please advise on how the crowds were, how the weather was (hot, rainy, cold etc..), did you need pants/coats, and did you go swimming, if so how was it?

I am really hoping it is warm enough to swim. Also, does anyone know what temperature they keep the resort pools at?

Thanks for any help!

We have been down the 1st week of Mach the last 2 years and we are going the second week next year.. same week as you! The weather is mostly nice upper 70's but it can get chilly if a front goes through like last year. Was in the upper 60's for 2 days and windy, but coming from the snowy N.E. it didn't phase us. We have swam both years and some days were in the upper 80's. So I would suggest bringing at least 1 pair of pants and a light jacket. It does get cool at night. We have encountered a little rain but never a washout. The days are mostly sunny!

I know all the pools are heated... as far as temp, I can't answer that. But I would think at least 80.:goodvibes

Here is a pic from 3/7/09

DSC04808.jpg

We went the second week of March this year and it was pretty crowded in most cases. You have to really play your park cards right to hit the crowded or very crowded. We expected this as Spring Break crowds start their increase to peak (Easter) on the first week of March. Easter is in early April again 2010.
On one day we stood in line 20 minutes just to get a Fast Pass for RnR (normal line was 2+ hours). Single rider works great for this. Two days later we stood in line 40 minutes to ride it.
The weather this year on the second week of March was almost perfect. We wore shorts every day and carried a light jacket for the ladies in the evening. I can only recall having to use those once because it was really windy one night. The kids went swimming 3 times that trip.

We will return again March 12th (overlapping you) and expect nice weather and large crowds.

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 2nd weekend in March is the UCA all-star Nationals. You may want to avoid DHS on that weekend since some teams may compete in that park.

We went in early March this past year. I can't comment on the crowds as Easter is earlier this year so the crowds will be different.

The weather was wonderful. We wore shorts everyday it was not humid at all! We had no rain and only needed a sweatshirt or jacket in the mornings.

Have fun!

Thanks for the responses.

I am glad to hear the weather is nice and we will be able to swim! My DD's love swimming.

I will definitely avoid DHS on the weekend- thanks for info about the UCA All Star Nationals.

As for the crowds, I am hoping to get to the parks early most days to get to the main rides. We will be there 8 days, YIPPEE!

I am going in with the a plan but keeping in mind that all plans our subject to change based on what we feel like doing. If we don't see everything it leaves us an excuse to plan another trip.

Our plan is 2-1/2 days at MK (Arrival day- pool then MK for evening) , 2 Epcot, 1 AK and 1 DHS, and the last day is up in the air so I think we should be able to take our time and enjoy ourselves. We plan to visit DTD as well, we will wing that one as well at sometime during out trip.

I am very excited and can't wait to go! It seems so far away right now.

It will be a first trip for my family, I went as a teenager but that was a long time ago. I have come to learn a lot has changed! But the Disboard has been so helpful in getting me caught up and planning our trip.

Thanks everyone!

We got married in Disney in March. We were there for 2 weeks starting around the 14th of march. I didn't think it was that crowded. It was busy but nothing like Thanksgiving or Christmas. The weater was perfect too, not too hot but not too cold!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter