• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March Crowds

Trying to Plan

Earning My Ears
The thread about Christmas Crowds with the crowd pictures got me to wonder what the March crowds are like, being amist spring break times? Does anyone have pics showing crowds say 2nd week March or later? That may be our new trip time :woohoo: and I worry it will be unbareablely crowded like Christmas!! (Those pics scared me - We considered the week after Christmas...Not anymore!! :eek:) Thanks.

The thread about Christmas Crowds with the crowd pictures got me to wonder what the March crowds are like, being amist spring break times? Does anyone have pics showing crowds say 2nd week March or later? That may be our new trip time :woohoo: and I worry it will be unbareablely crowded like Christmas!! (Those pics scared me - We considered the week after Christmas...Not anymore!! :eek:) Thanks.

I worked in Fantasyland from Jan -May. March until end up April in pretty busy. 1st week of May it started to slow down.

It's been about 8 years since I last went in March (I've been avoiding that time of year!) but when I was there the first week of March 04, it was probably the busiest of any time I've been there. That said, I usually plan my trips for the "slow times" ie May, November, January. I can't say what the crowds would've looked like from above like in the Christmas pics from last year (yikes!) but I just remember the lines all being annoyingly long. With that said, if that's the only time you can go, celebrate that you're able to go and make the most of it no matter how busy it is (ie use EMH, look up strategies for avoiding the busiest park on a certain day, etc). Even on the busiest day, I'd still rather be in Disney! :)

I think I read somewhere that the weeks before and after Easter are the second busiest weeks of the year, only behind Christmas. I think those two weeks got an 11 for crowd rating (out of 10!).

I know there is a page somewhere that ranks each week of the year in terms of crowd level. I just can't remember which site is on- easywdw? allears.? I'll see if I can find it. Or maybe someone knows what I am talking about and will post it.

We were there last year mid March. It was unbelievable. There was actually a photo of a day we were at MK under a thread on busiest times photos. I think week 2 on is crazy.
When we were there I believe Florida and Texas were on break as well as Ontario in Canada and other provinces. I would not want to go back then.

Thanks for the advice and heads up. We are coming from Canada and can't get there often so we want to make the best of the time we have. Will be relooking at our dates. ;)

We'll be there in March, 2013. We have been during Spring Break before and it *is* crazy, but it's doable. You must have a general plan of attack. Big rides need to be done first thing after rope drop or FP'd. Be careful not to wait too long to FP rides like Toy Story Mania or Space Mountain, or you'll be out of a FP opportunity.

The good thing about Spring Break is that the weather is usually awesome. Highs in the 70s or lower 80s with low humidity and usually little to no rain.

As a teacher, I can only take our longer vacations at Disney during crowded times and I rather it be crowded but pleasant weather, than slightly less crowded with extreme heat and humidity during the summer (and I'm from Florida!).

I think one of the big problems with March is everyone is on Spring break at different times. Some at the beginning, some in the middle, some at the end. (In my state, they wrap spring break around Easter...which I come to find not all places do!)

I have to go in March, because I NEED to be there for my birthday. (I don't want to turn 21 any place else! :goodvibes) And my birthday just happens to fall on March 10th. So I think as the days progress, so do the crowds.

I will be doing Christmas break this year, so I think after doing that, March will be a breeze for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter