• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March crowds... 2017

readytogotodisney

DIS Veteran
I'm a usual DW goer, so I tend to plan forever in advance, add that our next vacation for April is already planned so I look to the next NEXT Disney vacation. :rolleyes1
We're planning on heading to CA in March 2017 for my DS spring break (March 24- April 2) and I want to do 3-4 days in DL. I'm thinking weekdays in an effort to minimize crowds. Easter is late next year April 16th, so I'm hoping that's in our favor too.

So DL'ers how's my thinking? Will it even matter, will crowds be crazy regardless of weekday vs weekend?

We've only done DL one time before, mid Oct 2012. How will crowds be comparable?

Crowds are pretty heavy in March due to all of the people there for spring break. If I was set on going in March I would go during the week or weekend (whatever suits you best) because it will be crowded regardless.

It's one of the busiest times that isn't absolute peak. Go during the week if you can, although I personally usually go four days, two weekend, two weekday, because I like that the park is open until midnight on the weekends. MK doesn't usually do that, Disneyland does.

I think most schools - I know the ones around here - do not follow when Easter occurs - their Spring Break is independent of that and normally the same week each year or at least close.

I would expect that it will be busy no matter when you go.

I am not sure if you need to know ahead of time what exact days you plan to go to the parks as I don't even think you can book accommodations that far out yet - so the best way to decide which days to go is to wait until the park hours are released - which of course won't be until 6 weeks out from your week.

From what I keep reading and seeing personally, the parks have gotten busier since 2012, so I am sure you'll notice a difference from your last trip. Rope drop and getting a lot done during the morning seems to be the coping strategy of the prepared according to this board!!

Spring Break crowds tend to peak the week before and after Easter, although with Easter being so late next year, it's likely that DLR will expect the largest crowds to happen the two weeks before Easter. Some school districts have fairly set Spring Break dates (e.g., San Diego Unified), while others do move their break (e.g., LA Unified). There is some variety in Spring Break timing for the school districts in the West, but most have it sometime in March or April. I think you might get lucky and be there just before the peak Spring Break crowds appear, so weekdays will probably be better than weekends, but I would still go expecting moderately high crowds daily.

Crowds throughout the year have been steadily increasing, so I would go expecting higher crowds than what you experienced in October of 2012.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter