March Break

dangler

<font color=darkorchid>TY, are we going to need a
Hi!
My dd will be going into highschool in Sept. and I'm not sure about taking her out of school for Disney. How busy is March Break? Doable?
Thanks!

I've gone twice for our March Break and I'll be going again this March. It's busy. But I think it's doable. You would need to make sure to do the things that have the busiest lines first thing.

Of course, I can't compare because I can only go during March Break, Christmas and summer, so I don't know what an "off" time is!

I agree, very doable, as long as DD doesn't sleep late. My DW is a school teacher so we always do March break (summer is for camping). It is a bit tougher now that both my kids are teens (and DS is a sleeper) but we force an early start. I have heard many people complaining about crowd levels during break here on the Canadian board, and I can only assume they are late starters. We NEVER see the kind of crowds they talk about!

The only advice I have is to read the Unoffical Guide and follow their touring plans. If you get to the parks early and have a plan, you can ride all the best rides with very short waits, and be back at the pool or shopping DTD by mid afternoon just as the crowds are peaking at the parks. Head back in the evening if you want to see the parades or shows.

Go for it, and have a great trip! You get so few years to make memories with the kids, take advantage how ever you can...

My daughter also starts High School this September. I'm iffy on taking her out for two weeks, but my husband keeps insisting he refuses to go anytime except September & October. :headache:

So... I do not know if we really we go this year or not...

We're used to going in slower times (end Jan/early Feb) but did March Break this past March and found it busy but doable...not nearly as bad as we expected. We just used the recommended parks from easywdw and got there as early as possible.

We're going this coming March as well and assume it will be the same.

My DD is in her first year of high school and she opted out of our December trip in hopes to not miss time and try to exempt an exam. Long story short, she was not happy, found out that the courses she was taking you can't exempt and could have come.

We have booked a March Break trip (she does not know yet) and this will be our first time during March Break. We all sleep in which is not good considering what I am reading but because we have been there many times im sure we will be able to manage. I know my DH said we will be changing our routine from our Dec trips because of crowds.

Honestly, as long as im at Disney im good to go. :thumbsup2 I will never turn down a trip!

Has anyone tried the All American Sundae in MK at Plaza Icrecream Parlor? OMG I can't wait!:goodvibes

March Break is doable.......but not thebest time To go. We go every march break and in the last 4 or 5 years it has just gotten so busy! If you can leave a few days before the first weekend of March Break it helps. But this past year we arrived for rope drop at MK and by noon it was 90 minute waits everywhere! kids wanted autographs but even those lines were huge!

Expect big crowds and just go with the attitude of rolling with it. I totally agree that anytime spent with the kids, even in a line for space mountain, is precious!

In 2010,we went at the end of February. In 2011, we went at the end of our March Break. It was much busier in March but it was still OK. The day we went to AK it was POURING all day. It was great! No lines for anything and we had a great time. Same thing on our MK day. It was nice in the morning and we were there for the rope drop so we got a lot done in the morning, but it was still very, very busy. Then the skies opened up and it kept raining off and on. The rest of the day was great. We stayed to watch the night parade and fireworks but they cancelled it due to the weather. It was the best day at MK!

I wouldn't sweat about pulling the kids out of school if their grades are decent and you don't have any concerns. You could always talk to the teachers about it. Life is too short to not have fun with your family!

This year will be our first March Break experience too.

We used to pull the kids out of school when they were in elementary school but since they have started HS we have stuck to summers and x-mas break.

DS starts CEGEP next year so this will be our last March Break to travel all at the same time.

I am looking forward to getting away from whatever snow we have left and the Disney experience. We always try to do everyone's favorite attractions and anything else is just the icing on top.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter