March Break Trip???

My husband has to burn 2 weeks of carry over vacation days before the end of March, so I think for the first time ever, we will DRIVE to Florida around March 21 and just enjoy the sun and fresh air - maybe do Disney one or two days, but nothing too organized - I'm trying to convince myself that this wave will be quick and short and by March we will be more "new normal", so we'll just go and try to shake the Covid Isolation out of our brains. Driving also gives us more flexibility and less stress with timing of testing and border crossings.

We are so over covid that we're almost to the point that we just want to go, regardless of covid and all its repercussions. 🙈

Yep, me too! I'm trying to convince DH that now's a good time to take a spontaneous trip given the Ontario announcements that came out today. We could drive down, and be back in plenty of time to isolate before the kids' hockey is set to return.

Cancelled our February trip yesterday in the hopes of going over March Break. I say it's 50/50 whether we go or not.

Yep, me too! I'm trying to convince DH that now's a good time to take a spontaneous trip given the Ontario announcements that came out today. We could drive down, and be back in plenty of time to isolate before the kids' hockey is set to return.
I am actually thinking the same thing. We might just go in a week or two, since school and hockey will be shut down. Again. I mean school will be online but it’s been a horrible experience for our son … if no changes are announced to the borders, might as well go ahead where it’s not all doom and gloom and you’re in eternal lockdown it seems.

About to cancel my cruises :( I can move the flights to August when my next cruise is booked, and will need to figure out what cruise to book with my FCC from cancelling. I am upset but with the move to online learning I feel kiddo is going to miss too much more, and our trip was two weeks. Add in the possibility of getting a positive and having to stay in Florida two weeks, I can't do it right now. I hope by summer we will be able to cruise to Bermuda, and enjoy New York. Maybe I will book something for October or November.

About to cancel my cruises :( I can move the flights to August when my next cruise is booked, and will need to figure out what cruise to book with my FCC from cancelling. I am upset but with the move to online learning I feel kiddo is going to miss too much more, and our trip was two weeks. Add in the possibility of getting a positive and having to stay in Florida two weeks, I can't do it right now. I hope by summer we will be able to cruise to Bermuda, and enjoy New York. Maybe I will book something for October or November.
We just cancelled our Feb. 12 sailing today for a credit we'll use at some point, if the world ever straightens out. It was already a re-book of the big trip we had planned around the British Isles in May of 2020.

There are just so many asymptomatic Omicron cases now that the risk of testing positive and being unable to fly home is too great. We can't afford the time or money of an unexpected quarantine in Florida and I just wasn't feeling secure with the insurance we found.

Our flights (which were a nightmare after having been changed twice and at risk of being changed again) have been cancelled and gone back to my WJ travelbank. I'm now looking at using it for a WJ Vacations package to Cuba in late March, which I think is actually after Spring Break concludes.

Sad. :sad1:

The change by RCL to no longer do testing on board (and thus get you home if you do test positive) was also part of my decision, the risk is too much that we'd test positive after the cruise and not be able to get home. I am hopeful that by August it'll be settled down a bit at least and we'll be able to travel. Everything is cancelled except the flights, I'll wait a bit on those before I move them.

Last edited:
We just cancelled our Feb. 12 sailing today for a credit we'll use at some point, if the world ever straightens out. It was already a re-book of the big trip we had planned around the British Isles in May of 2020.

There are just so many asymptomatic Omicron cases now that the risk of testing positive and being unable to fly home is too great. We can't afford the time or money of an unexpected quarantine in Florida and I just wasn't feeling secure with the insurance we found.

Our flights (which were a nightmare after having been changed twice and at risk of being changed again) have been cancelled and gone back to my WJ travelbank. I'm now looking at using it for a WJ Vacations package to Cuba in late March, which I think is actually after Spring Break concludes.

Sad. :sad1:

Can we use our travel bank for all inclusive vacations?

Can we use our travel bank for all inclusive vacations?
:confused3 I don't know for sure because I haven't done the booking yet but I hope so. I can't see why not. All the WestJet packages are operated by them directly, not like other sites that also sell Sunwind, AC and Sunquest. The only value that may end up lost is my Companion Pass; not sure if they will credit it back and if they do, what expiry date they will give it. I booked these flights last July with my 2020 Pass. I've since accrued another one that was set to expire in December but I did the extension on-line, which I hope "took".

:confused3 I don't know for sure because I haven't done the booking yet but I hope so. I can't see why not. All the WestJet packages are operated by them directly, not like other sites that also sell Sunwind, AC and Sunquest. The only value that may end up lost is my Companion Pass; not sure if they will credit it back and if they do, what expiry date they will give it. I booked these flights last July with my 2020 Pass. I've since accrued another one that was set to expire in December but I did the extension on-line, which I hope "took".

I actually just looked on the travel bank FAQ page and it says you can’t use the credits for a vacation package.

I actually just looked on the travel bank FAQ page and it says you can’t use the credits for a vacation package.
Boo. :mad: It doesn't come as any big shock that WestJet has found a new way to irk me though.

Lots of NBers on this thread. We drove from NB to Florida in December for the first time.
We did have to cut the trip short a week and return with a positive case. Our entire family has now had the mild omicron - still quarantining

we left dec 10th before everything went crazy and still did enjoy some great family time.

If I could go back in time, with three kids I would have still went to Florida and enjoyed the condo but I would have skipped the parks. It’s just too easy to catch there with crowds and no distancing.

The change by RCL to no longer do testing on boar (and thus get you home if you do test positive) was also part of my decision, the risk is too much that we'd test positive after the cruise and not be able to get home. I am hopeful that by August it'll be settled down a bit at least and we'll be able to travel. Everything is cancelled except the flights, I'll wait a bit on those before I move them.
We have a cruise Jan 16 but I think if we go, we’ll just go to Orlando but not on the cruise. Even though for our sailing Royal will still provide the testing. I just don’t want to go on a cruise and try and stay away from people :( I love socializing on a cruise.

Call us crazy but we are going to throw our hat back in the ring and aim for the Family Day long weekend, after we almost made it for Boxing Day. We were so close!! The girls get the Friday and the Monday off for the Family Day weekend from school. I don't know how good the odds to actually getting on that plane will be compared to the days leading up to Christmas, and not getting exposed to Covid here and cancelling the trip again. This is the 4th time we have a trip booked since March of 2020, and have not made it onto that plane 1 single time to head to Florida, but we did make it to Disneyland this past August! Fingers and toes crossed and maybe just a bit of pixiedust: to see if we can make this one happen :)

Call us crazy but we are going to throw our hat back in the ring and aim for the Family Day long weekend, after we almost made it for Boxing Day. We were so close!! The girls get the Friday and the Monday off for the Family Day weekend from school. I don't know how good the odds to actually getting on that plane will be compared to the days leading up to Christmas, and not getting exposed to Covid here and cancelling the trip again. This is the 4th time we have a trip booked since March of 2020, and have not made it onto that plane 1 single time to head to Florida, but we did make it to Disneyland this past August! Fingers and toes crossed and maybe just a bit of pixiedust: to see if we can make this one happen :)
It’s the Presidential weekend. Would it be super crowded? Make sure you plan for the crowds. Have a fun time!

It’s the Presidential weekend. Would it be super crowded? Make sure you plan for the crowds. Have a fun time!
We were just there Christmas week it was super crowded but it was no problem, you can put on a mask outside if it feels too much, take a break and go back to the resort… we were in lines all week (masks on) and did not catch covid. Family and friends celebrating at home over the holidays did. You just never know, but taking the normal precautions you can be ok even in crowds. It’s also funny how fast you adapt to people all around again. At first we were so apprehensive but the comfort level quickly improved.

I've booked a new cruise for May, from New Jersey, not nearly as exciting as going to Orlando but it's still covered under Cruise with Confidence, so if we need to cancel I still get the deposit back as an FCC, and am able to use it within a year. Fingers crossed though! I was able to move my flights as well, and the new ones are direct and very short. Probably could drive, but it's 8 hours and I'm not sure we could really do that. Any way. I am happy to have something else booked, sad it's not as nice of a cruise, and hoping things will have settled down by then. Also have to figure out how to get tested when we get off the ship I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter