March Break Trip???

I know it's been hard not being able to travel much the last 2 years and missing out on that time with family. I understand this is a Disney centric board. Since it's too hot in summer for Florida, why not try parks in the US with in driving distance. Cedar Point has an amazing resort on property and it's a great park.
Thanks - I will check this out! From a quick search it looks beautiful right on the water.

I guess I shouldn’t be all gloomy … we have taken trips closer to home and really gotten to explore Atlantic Canada. We’ve made some great memories.

But I’m at the point where I’m tired of pretending to Disney… It was fun during the first few lockdowns to make Dole Whips in a blender … now I just want the real deal while lying in a hammock on the Poly beach!!

We have two trips booked right now. Our first plan is to go during spring break, but we had booked it to leave a couple of days early so our arrival date is Feb 23. Our back up plan is the end of August, I know it will be hot and humid, but I’m pretty used to that being in Montreal. And that one is 10 nights, so plan for a slower pace, lots of pool time etc. I have booked our dining and still planning as though we are going, but I think the chance of canceling the spring break trip is pretty high.

I'm looking at booking for the first week of April. Hoping by then triply vaxxed won't need to test to get back to Canada. If I somehow manage to avoid Omicron before then, it seems almost guaranteed I'd catch it in Disney. Originally I was looking at end of April but Air Canada took away direct flights from Ottawa for those last couple weeks so I'm planning on April 3-9 now, hoping that Everest is back online by then. That would be a big miss for me, probably my favourite ride on property.

Leaving from YUL Feb. 22 to spend a couple of nights at Disney followed by a Disney cruise on Feb. 26. I have been to Disney twice during the pandemic and have not worried, but Omicron makes it easier to test positive. We're thinking of changing our Disney stay till after the cruise to not put ourselves at risk of testing positive at the port. So, we would go directly to the cruise instead. We will make a decision at the end of January when Omicron has played out more.

I so hope we can go. We will be wearing the best masks I can find. Disposable triple layer ones. Hand sanitizer and Lysol wipes galore. My only concern is IF we were stuck in Florida, I might not get paid leave. We just can’t get sick that’s the thing. We should all be triple vaxed by then…I already am. (Teacher benefit) my fingers are crossed. My mental health needs to cling to this tiny piece of normal. We just found out our schools in NB are going online until the 21st at least. :(
I need normal.

I so hope we can go. We will be wearing the best masks I can find. Disposable triple layer ones. Hand sanitizer and Lysol wipes galore. My only concern is IF we were stuck in Florida, I might not get paid leave. We just can’t get sick that’s the thing. We should all be triple vaxed by then…I already am. (Teacher benefit) my fingers are crossed. My mental health needs to cling to this tiny piece of normal. We just found out our schools in NB are going online until the 21st at least. :(
I need normal.

I’m a NB teacher as well.. I am now considering changing our flights from Moncton to out of Bangor…. That way, we don’t need a test at all on the way there. And if worst case one of us catches covid on the way back, we can still drive across the border and isolate at home.

Also not sure if you are aware, but all 18+ household family members of school staff are now eligible for a booster as well. My husband got his right before Christmas .

Here’s hoping we are on our way down south that first week of March!!

Is tough to know this far out. We were there for Christmas and are scheduled to go back next weekend(if recovered from likely covid I got while down there). If it was now and you can work it out to go another time I would. As for March break we have decided against it with omicron numbers and it not caring of someone is vaccinated or not. Things could be significantly better by then but you likely wouldn't know until the last minute. We had already gone on 3 trips before this last one without a problem. As the numbers are showing here and there, omicron is way more transmissible.

Is tough to know this far out. We were there for Christmas and are scheduled to go back next weekend(if recovered from likely covid I got while down there). If it was now and you can work it out to go another time I would. As for March break we have decided against it with omicron numbers and it not caring of someone is vaccinated or not. Things could be significantly better by then but you likely wouldn't know until the last minute. We had already gone on 3 trips before this last one without a problem. As the numbers are showing here and there, omicron is way more transmissible.

I'm curious about this. You're going again next week but are advising us to not go in March?

I know it's been hard not being able to travel much the last 2 years and missing out on that time with family. I understand this is a Disney centric board. Since it's too hot in summer for Florida, why not try parks in the US with in driving distance. Cedar Point has an amazing resort on property and it's a great park.
Agree - I’m sad we are missing Disney time, but we’ve had some great holidays as a family in our province since the pandemic started.

I think everyone has to do what they’re comfortable with. I have traveled throughout the pandemic even when berated and I have zero regrets. We spent one summer in Greece, traveled to Disney, spent the summer if FL and the Caribbean. Not one of us has ever had Covid and the memories we have made are priceless.

I'm curious about this. You're going again next week but are advising us to not go in March?
I would say it's what I would do, not necessarily that other people should because there are lots of variables for any individual or family. I said if you can work out another time to go I would. My trip is now or never. A friend has a 2 bdrm theme park view at blt for that week for her 40th for us 2 couples. Plus I just started a new job today and I got permission to take next week off because it was already booked. If it could be rescheduled for a few months from now I would rather do that because of what omicron is doing. Ie problems of a positive test, flights being canceled, quaratining etc.

I’m a NB teacher as well.. I am now considering changing our flights from Moncton to out of Bangor…. That way, we don’t need a test at all on the way there. And if worst case one of us catches covid on the way back, we can still drive across the border and isolate at home.

Also not sure if you are aware, but all 18+ household family members of school staff are now eligible for a booster as well. My husband got his right before Christmas .

My son is 16…so he still has to wait for his booster. Hubby has an appointment. Fingers crossed.

We are booked for March Break (12-19). It is just my husband and I travelling. We are triple vaxxed and are planning mostly resort time. Lots of outdoor dining, minimizing crowds etc. Like everyone else, my only worry is testing positive and not being able to fly home. I am a kindergarten educator so would need to be back at school after the break while my husband works from home.

I will need to decide before January 31st as I would need to bank my DVC points. I really want a March Break getaway after cancelling March '20 (NYC grad trip with my twin boys) and March '21 (Hilton Head Island). Fingers crossed!

I would say it's what I would do, not necessarily that other people should because there are lots of variables for any individual or family. I said if you can work out another time to go I would. My trip is now or never. A friend has a 2 bdrm theme park view at blt for that week for her 40th for us 2 couples. Plus I just started a new job today and I got permission to take next week off because it was already booked. If it could be rescheduled for a few months from now I would rather do that because of what omicron is doing. Ie problems of a positive test, flights being canceled, quaratining etc.

For myself too it's now or never. I'm signed up for the 3 races for Princess Weekend, so unless I can convince runDisney to move the races a few weeks ;) I'll be going.

I am also an NB teacher and our trip is planned for March break as well. We actually just did our dining reservations this morning. We are super excited, but I’m so nervous to go. I’d hate to get stuck in Florida without pay. We will all be double vaccinated and my 8 year old nephew will be too. We have until February to decide whether we will be going, so I guess we will just wait and see what happens in the next few weeks.

I am also an NB teacher and our trip is planned for March break as well. We actually just did our dining reservations this morning. We are super excited, but I’m so nervous to go. I’d hate to get stuck in Florida without pay. We will all be double vaccinated and my 8 year old nephew will be too. We have until February to decide whether we will be going, so I guess we will just wait and see what happens in the next few weeks.
We have to decide by February as well so that we can salvage our DVC points if needed. My fear is that things will be better by then, but still not good enough for us to make the call to go. Sigh.

I made our dining reservations this weekend …It was so fun to dream for just a little bit !

We have to decide by February as well so that we can salvage our DVC points if needed. My fear is that things will be better by then, but still not good enough for us to make the call to go. Sigh.

I made our dining reservations this weekend …It was so fun to dream for just a little bit !
We are so over covid that we're almost to the point that we just want to go, regardless of covid and all its repercussions. 🙈

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter