• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March Break Trip???

We are booked March 13-21. Room only reservations at WDW so our deposit is full refundable. Flights booked with WJ credits from our cancelled March break 2020 trip, so easy to cancel. A couple months ago I was slightly hopeful the return PCR testing would go away, that was really our biggest concern to be stuck down there not being able to come home. But now, it looks like the testing will be around for a long while. I don’t want to cancel. I really don’t. This is so depressing.
I hear you...that PCR is a real pain and adds to the budget plus possible delay in being able to return.
Just when things were looking up....then this stupid new variant. It's supposed to be mild if vaccinated so wish the world treated it as such and we could move on.

Not sure. We re-booked our trip to LA/DL/Cruise to Mexico (flying out of Montreal) ages ago but not sure what to do now. It was from credits from our cancelled 2020 trip and we would love to get them used up but this quick moving variant has me wanting to hibernate again. Not totally my decision though, it was booked by my parents so we'll wait and see what the rest of the group wants to do.

We are booked in March too and still on the fence. Will need to cancel in February for our dvc points and haven’t booked flights yet. Hoping to see things improve before then but really hoping to go.

We were booked for Aulani March break, cancelled early Dec and rescheduled for end of July. Ok honest here,,didnt cancel due to covid, but because yours truly screwed up the march break days and booked wrong ones. But now booked for July since couldnt get the right days in March. Now looks like it was a good screw up. Hoping you all can go in March and hoping all settles down by July.

We were booked for Aulani March break, cancelled early Dec and rescheduled for end of July. Ok honest here,,didnt cancel due to covid, but because yours truly screwed up the march break days and booked wrong ones. But now booked for July since couldnt get the right days in March. Now looks like it was a good screw up. Hoping you all can go in March and hoping all settles down by July.
Our backup plan if we can’t do WDW in March is Aulani in August. I’ve never been so would love to go (though I much prefer to travel in the winter when the weather here is terrible!)

We are booked at Universal from Mar 13th-20th. Flight from Waterloo to Orlando Sanford. Would need to cancel the flights 7 days ahead for credit and the onsite Universal Hotel 5 days before for a full refund. We haven't purchased tickets yet.

My wife and I both have our booster already and our to sons (14,10) will both have their two doses by then.

We decided a while back that when both kids were vaccinated that we would choose to continue with things we are allowed to do. While I think this current wave will have a sharp increase and an equally sharp decrease, you just don't know what the future holds. So when we have the opportunity to travel, we'll take it.

If the current travel rules remain the same to the U.S. we'll be going. The only change I'm currently considering is driving down depending on the testing/quarantine requirements.

When we originally planned this trip my oldest was 12. Here he is now 14, almost as tall as me, it's crazy. I'm lucky that he stills likes hanging out with me but I just don't want to waste this opportunity to get spend time with him while he's still somewhat young. Don't get me wrong, I hope we get to travel as a family for years to come.

We have followed all the rules since the beginning of this thing. Two years of our lives is too long. Say what you will about travel not being a big deal but we really need go...and for reasons I have trouble explaining to most people, I really need to go. I know many of you on this board would understand.

Everyone has unique situations and needs to make their own decisions but I hope those who do get to travel have a great trip and those that postpone have a great trip as well whenever they get to go.

When we originally planned this trip my oldest was 12. Here he is now 14, almost as tall as me, it's crazy. I'm lucky that he stills likes hanging out with me but I just don't want to waste this opportunity to get spend time with him while he's still somewhat young. Don't get me wrong, I hope we get to travel as a family for years to come.

We have followed all the rules since the beginning of this thing. Two years of our lives is too long. Say what you will about travel not being a big deal but we really need go...and for reasons I have trouble explaining to most people, I really need to go. I know many of you on this board would understand.
This could have been written by me. Exactly how I feel so I get it 200%. We are all losing this precious time with our kids while they are young. Next year is our older one's last year in high school (so 2023 last March break). Many trips lost. And like you, we follow all the rules and haven't even seen anyone. Had to cancel our xmas cruise 3 days before and was devastated.

We are booked at Kidani Village on rented DVC points for March 19-27. I have already passed the point of losing my non-refundable deposit and have to be paid in full next week. I change my mind on an hourly basis as to whether we are still going in March or rescheduling. If we reschedule, I am out over $1000. If we go and have to quarantine it will be a loss of a lot more than that (even with good insurance).

I have even considered flying down but not going to the parks and just enjoying the resort but then I think I should just reschedule if that is the plan. Especially because then maybe Guardians Coaster and Tron might be completed when I go.

We have canceled and rescheduled so many times and I really just want to go.(Especially now that it is -33 Degrees outside!) We are all fully vaccinated and are not overly concerned about getting sick. I just do not want to have the stress of worrying about the possibility of testing positive.

I appreciate this thread. It does not make the decision any easier but it is nice to see what others are doing or planning to do.

We are booked at Universal from Mar 13th-20th. Flight from Waterloo to Orlando Sanford. Would need to cancel the flights 7 days ahead for credit and the onsite Universal Hotel 5 days before for a full refund. We haven't purchased tickets yet.

My wife and I both have our booster already and our to sons (14,10) will both have their two doses by then.

We decided a while back that when both kids were vaccinated that we would choose to continue with things we are allowed to do. While I think this current wave will have a sharp increase and an equally sharp decrease, you just don't know what the future holds. So when we have the opportunity to travel, we'll take it.

If the current travel rules remain the same to the U.S. we'll be going. The only change I'm currently considering is driving down depending on the testing/quarantine requirements.

Everyone has unique situations and needs to make their own decisions but I hope those who do get to travel have a great trip and those that postpone have a great trip as well whenever they get to go.
I totally agree. We bought DVC when my girls were 3 and 5. Now they are 6 and 8 and I feel as though our best years of family travel are being wasted. Sigh.

Just saw on cbc that fully vaxxed now offers only 14.9% protection versus omnicron (and all the numbers bear this out). So far, it seems to keep people out of hospitals and ICUs. The next couple weeks will paint a clearer picture.

Bottom line is you are way more susceptible to testing positive now than even this past August down there as the vaccines were much more potent against Delta.

This is the reason I feel good about driving as apposed to flying...the stress of testing positive.

So….when booked it looked like Covid was soon to be over…and then… kaboom. Booked to fly YQM-MCO (via Montréal) on March 3rd. Need to decide by Jan 31st. What are other March break travellers thinking???
Cancelled Jan. 3rd and re-booked for the week of Feb. 28th. I actually looked at every school district in Florida to see when their spring break is. None that week. Yasss! But still worried. Was thinking of postponing to the first week of August. But crowds and heat = too much. I've decided if we don't go to Orlando in March we might go to London in August. If UK stops the 48hr quarantine by then...

I feel the same way. DS was 10 when the pandemic first started and is going on 13 next few months. He is as tall as me now (5’6”) and while fairly childish for his age, I know there are only a few years of family vacations with him before he will have other commitments (university etc) and no longer wants to hang out with his parents. Next time we go on a cruise he will be too old to go to the kids club. Two years is a long time where kids go from babies to preschoolers, elementary school age to high school, high school to post secondary…. It’s a big deal.

I feel the same way. DS was 10 when the pandemic first started and is going on 13 next few months. He is as tall as me now (5’6”) and while fairly childish for his age, I know there are only a few years of family vacations with him before he will have other commitments (university etc) and no longer wants to hang out with his parents. Next time we go on a cruise he will be too old to go to the kids club. Two years is a long time where kids go from babies to preschoolers, elementary school age to high school, high school to post secondary…. It’s a big deal.

I agree with this so much. That’s why we are pretty determined to go. We’ve already waited 2 years.

I feel this. Kiddo is now 12, as tall as me (5'4") and will be in "teen" club when we cruise again (at least he won't have to wear the kids band with the muster station). It's very weird. We have March break cruises and then one in August which I really hope is going ahead. March may not happen but I hope we get to New York in August (and Bermuda). Our last cruise he was 8, it's such a difference. I am very glad we went to Disney in October, wish it had been longer, and certainly if I had known all this extra uncertainty was going to come back around, I might have tried for two weeks.

This whole thing seems so never ending. It starts to get better then bam! a new variant. How long will it continue? How long is life on hold? Patience I suppose, but mine is running out.

This is us. My 17 year old leaves in the Fall for university and I am then a reluctant empty nester. I come from a large family of Docs and nurses and we followed every rule to the letter. I’m done giving this pandemic any more of my life. I will socially distance , eat outdoors, mask and wash my hands often. My husband and I are triple vacced. Hopefully by then ds17 will be too. We are planning a trip in May and then just the kids and I in summer. It’s going to take a lot to make me cancel again.
A lot of people understand what you mean and I really really hope you get this trip.

I'm feeling the same as many of you. We have followed every rule but two years is such a long time as you watch your kids grow. My oldest is about to turn 17 and time with him is becoming so precious. I've also been through a lot this year with my own parents and recognize that waiting to live life may mean regrets and missed opportunities when it's too late. I am not saying for sure that we are going to Disney but if we can we will at least go to a rental and hang out in the sun as a family.

I know it's been hard not being able to travel much the last 2 years and missing out on that time with family. I understand this is a Disney centric board. Since it's too hot in summer for Florida, why not try parks in the US with in driving distance. Cedar Point has an amazing resort on property and it's a great park.

I know it's been hard not being able to travel much the last 2 years and missing out on that time with family. I understand this is a Disney centric board. Since it's too hot in summer for Florida, why not try parks in the US with in driving distance. Cedar Point has an amazing resort on property and it's a great park.
Honestly, other than this December, we almost always go to Disney in the summer. Yes it’s hot and humid and rainy, but where we live in SW Ontario it is usually very hot and humid too. We have been several times where we came home to what felt like very similar temperature, humid feels like 40 Celsius is not unusual to me at home. When we go in the summer we try to stay longer and take lots of mid day breaks for a swim or a nap, and even some non park days. The only thing I truly dislike at wdw during the summer is the daily rain. Walking around in a rain poncho, having it stick to our skin, then go into A/C… ugh I shiver at the thought lol.
I always wonder why FL is called the sunshine state in the summer lol.
On a serious note though, I have to check out Cedar Point one of these days…thank you for the reminder:)

Cancelled Jan. 3rd and re-booked for the week of Feb. 28th. I actually looked at every school district in Florida to see when their spring break is. None that week. Yasss! But still worried. Was thinking of postponing to the first week of August. But crowds and heat = too much. I've decided if we don't go to Orlando in March we might go to London in August. If UK stops the 48hr quarantine by then...

Also one of the reasons why we're going then. First week of March is great week crowd wise (in normal times). So I figure it's as good a time as any

I've read some of the other Canadian DIS'ers' reports on being there now during peak Christmas time and it doesn't seem so bad. So March shouldn't be worse Right? 🤞😆

But yes we are aware that omicron seems more contagious even fully vaxxed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter