march break? pls help

mamabear0222

Countdown to 2014 trip
So first we picked the middle weeks in feb to go on our first Disney trip. I was then alerted to president week being a very busy time. I moved my weeks to feb 22-mar 8. Now someone else has said that is spring break?? Its not spring break where I live until mid march. I've checked spring break calendars and I haven't come across any yet for first week of March. Am I missing something? Please help ..maybe I'm just overthinking

Sent from my Samsung S3 using DISBoards

spring break here is from march11 to the 15th, not sure about in the states though, could be that they are starting spring break.

boundfordisney said:
spring break here is from march11 to the 15th, not sure about in the states though, could be that they are starting spring break.

Here too

are you flying as flights are pricey at this point in time with it being the march break so coming back even on the 8th is going to be costly and the border crossings will be busy, just may want to give that a little thought!

boundfordisney said:
are you flying as flights are pricey at this point in time with it being the march break so coming back even on the 8th is going to be costly and the border crossings will be busy, just may want to give that a little thought!

Yes will be flying from buffalo.

So now its presidents week or march break week possibily...yuck

Many colleges are on spring break that week. In my area, some public schools are on spring break the 1st week of April and others are the 2nd week of April. Our public schools also have a winter break the week of President's Day in February.

Either way I'm going for 2 weeks...not everyday at the park though just 5 out of 14...

CareHeartsDisney said:
Many colleges are on spring break that week. In my area, some public schools are on spring break the 1st week of April and others are the 2nd week of April. Our public schools also have a winter break the week of President's Day in February.

Yes see there's winter break for some presidents week or first week of march...either way does not look good for me...boooo

So now its presidents week or march break week possibily...yuck

Lots of colleges and universities have Spring Break that first week of March. My husband is a professor and that's when his spring break is. If you do a Google search for "college spring break" you'll get lots of lists including one here: http://inertiatours.com/spring_break_dates.php. My DD is in high school and her break is the first week of April.

Anyway, even though the long weekend associated with Presidents' Day will be busy, I would think 2 weeks in mid-February will not be as busy as the spring break weeks.

A busy day at WDW is still better than a day at work!

I agree with the pp with your time span Im sure feb 22 to march 8th will be fine, coming back will probably be a little more busy, but I think the parks should be ok while you are there. Id take going to disney even at the busiest time of year then not going, your gonna have fun no matter what so enjoy whats ahead!:thumbsup2

Sandi said:
Lots of colleges and universities have Spring Break that first week of March. My husband is a professor and that's when his spring break is. If you do a Google search for "college spring break" you'll get lots of lists including one here: http://inertiatours.com/spring_break_dates.php. My DD is in high school and her break is the first week of April.

Anyway, even though the long weekend associated with Presidents' Day will be busy, I would think 2 weeks in mid-February will not be as busy as the spring break weeks.

A busy day at WDW is still better than a day at work!

Thank you so much for this

boundfordisney said:
I agree with the pp with your time span Im sure feb 22 to march 8th will be fine, coming back will probably be a little more busy, but I think the parks should be ok while you are there. Id take going to disney even at the busiest time of year then not going, your gonna have fun no matter what so enjoy whats ahead!:thumbsup2

I agree but I have lots of time to plan so I'd rather not go when it will cost me tons of money or is super crowded... Florida colleges look to be out first week of march too. Any side trips to the beach I imagine would be insane

So a friend of mine who grew up in Florida just pointed out "college kids typically don't go to Disney" lol
BUT I will likely change my dates anyways since I dont want to spend that kind of money on a trip to risk spring break/presidents week.

Im kind of sad we wont be there now for our kids 5th birthday though.

I checked the crowd calendars on easywdw.com and the crowd levels for February 22-March 8 don't look too bad to me. Especially since you said you only plan to do 5 days n the parks anyway, you could do that the first part of your trip when the numbers are a little lower.

I checked the crowd calendars on easywdw.com and the crowd levels for February 22-March 8 don't look too bad to me. Especially since you said you only plan to do 5 days n the parks anyway, you could do that the first part of your trip when the numbers are a little lower.

I tried looking at that too, but only saw 2013 not 2014 ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter