March Break Flights

DisneyLisa

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Before I finalize our trip for March Break 2005, can anyone tell me whether the airlines usually have seat sales to Orlando at that time of year? I'd especially like to know anyone's experience from Ottawa. Just trying to decide if I should book our cruise with or without air. The price for air when included with the package seems a little high ($1450 for 2 adults) so I'm just wondering if I might be able to do better by watching seat sales between now & then. Our neighbours, who are joining us for our trip next week, are paying $850 for 2 people, from Ottawa.

Also, do you prefer to book your flight as a package deal or on your own...ie. advantages/disadvantages of both.

TIA. :)

I could be wrong but I find that there are usually no discounts offered during March Break and that they actually seem to increase the prices because it's such a busy time.

We are going on a 4 night cruise and following up with 3-4 days at WDW this coming March Break. We checked Air Canada and they quoted......are you sitting down???? $2500.00 per person!!! :eek: For our family of 5, that airfare is more than our entire budget for the trip. I thought this was hysterical and then finally understood why they are on the verge of bankruptcy.

I started checking Travelocity and Expedia and I think the cheapest I found was about $450.00 with NW with connecting flights in Chicago. Being a fearful flyer, I couldn't fathom travelling half way across the U.S. to make a connecting flight that has to come back again. I think the total travelling time is 7 1/2 hours.

Lastly, I started looking into leaving from an airport in the U.S. The two closest "major" airports are Burlington, Vermont and Albany, New York. Leaving from Burlington with Jet Blue, we can get a rate of US$114.00 each way...Under $2000.00 Cdn for 5 of us. This flight includes a connecting flight in NYC. From Albany, Southwest was offering a direct flight at US$173.00 each way. A little more expensive but still very reasonable. We have decided to go with Jet Blue because it is cheaper but also because Burlington is a closer drive.

If you can add an extra day on to your vacation for travelling time, driving to the U.S. may be worth your while. You also don't have to deal with customs at the airports, which understandably is very strict but it is an added hassle that we can now avoid.

Good luck! :wave:

You may want to check out Buffalo or Syracuse using Southwest Airlines or AirTrans (or something like that - not our Air Transat).

Just got an Air Canada quote for March break direct from
Toronto to Orlando $563.50 per person (all taxes and fees included).

I just booked for $1600 for four people from Toronto to MCO, taxes in. Mind you, we are leaving on the 10th and returning on the 20th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter