March 9, 2012 "Dream a Little Dream Team" 4 Night Cruise

We will be celebrating a birthday on the cruise as well. My son will be turning 4 on the 10th :)

I'm so glad to hear someone will be there with us! I have two boys who will be 5 and 9; it will be a birthday vacation for the younger one (who will turn 6 right after the cruise).:banana:

I'm going to see if a moderator will move us over to the Cruise Meets Forum - there isn't a thread there yet for our cruise, and we can start one!!!

I just learned about the fish extenders while reading things to know on another site. I defiantly am interested.

Looking for FE friends
2 sets of Grandparents, 2 sets of parents, 2 - 9 year olds and 5 year old triplets. Is anybody interested in doing fish extenders on this cruise?

But now I'm back!! I've heard our cruise is filling up/almost full, so I'm surprised we don't have more action on this meet thread. I'm thinking most of the people booked on this cruise may be first time dcl cruisers and not know about this meet group. Many will start to search for info and hopefully they will find us!

I'm definitely interested in doing the fish extenders. We did it on our last cruise and now my kids think that it is a normal part of the dcl experience to check for surprise goodies every time we would return to our room! And they loved helping deliver our goodies to everyone else's room. :)

I have almost started this thread a dozen times, but didn't get around to doing it until tonight! I even had a 'name' for our cruise in mind (the "Dream a Little Dream Team") since this is a shorter cruise (well, shorter than the 5 day double dip, or 7+ day cruises).

I've heard our cruise is filling up/almost full, so I'm surprised we don't have more action on this meet thread. I'm thinking most of the people booked on this cruise may be first time dcl cruisers and not know about this meet group. Many will start to search for info and hopefully they will find us!

Teri, I agree, this thread has been so quiet! I hope you don't mind being our "resident cruise expert" - I think many of us are first-timers to cruising or to first-time on DCL. I love your idea for our cruise "name" - since I started the thread (actually there were two of us, but our threads were merged) is there a way I can put that in the thread title? If so, just tell me how!

I'd love to do an DE, I just need to hear more about requirements, etc. I'm just now starting to look over more of the DCL DISboards (before now I've be3en busy with our summer WDW trip and now that that is done, I'm cruise-minded!).

So excited!

Teri, I agree, this thread has been so quiet! I hope you don't mind being our "resident cruise expert" - I think many of us are first-timers to cruising or to first-time on DCL. I love your idea for our cruise "name" - since I started the thread (actually there were two of us, but our threads were merged) is there a way I can put that in the thread title? If so, just tell me how!

I'd love to do an DE, I just need to hear more about requirements, etc. I'm just now starting to look over more of the DCL DISboards (before now I've be3en busy with our summer WDW trip and now that that is done, I'm cruise-minded!).

So excited!

We have only done the 7 day itineraries, so the 4 day will be new for us. However, other than the actual itineraries, there isn't much difference, from what I've been told.
We are planning on surprising the kids with WDW after the cruise, but with more than 10 other families traveling with us, I'm sure it won't be a surprise
for long... We have never been to WDW other than DTD and driving through, so I will welcome any tips!
As far as changing the thread title, I think you can go to your first thread and edit it and after the date, add your title. It won't change it in the main threads page but I think only the moderators can do that.
The Fish Extenders (FE) is fun, and there are threads on the main page that explain it better than I can. Basically, whoever is wanting to participate will make or purchase gifts for each of the other participants and during the course of the cruise, deliver them to each others' staterooms and put them in a " fish extender" which is any kind of tote or pocketed 'extender' (there is a fish outside each stateroom that the pocket/bag hangs from, extending the fish...hence the name). But like I said, you can really get the gist by reading the FE threads. And there are pics and tons of ideas over there, also. ;)

I am a first timer. But we are def interested in the FE. Hope we get more people involved only 7 months to go :) :banana:

Hi all! Here is the list I have so far - please take a look and fill in the blanks if you would like to do so! Also, I've listed if you have expressed interested in fish extenders. If you are and that's not indicated, you can PM me or just reply to the thread.

Mikat - DW DH DS6 DS9. Interested in FE
Jelo – Adults? DD16 DD9
Terimac – DW DH DS7 DD5. Interested in FE
Dukebombay – DH DW DD13 DD6
Minnesotamouse – DW DH DS18 DD15
Rumrunnergirl – DW DH DD11 DS10
Ckhca2 – DW DH DS10
Mjfisherdc – DW DH DD6 and DD5
Lhdive1- 2 sets of Grandparents, 2 sets of parents, 2 - 9 year olds and 5 year old triplets. Interested in FE
JacksonFam - Adults? DS4. Interested in FE

DW DH :goodvibes

Hi all! Here is the list I have so far - please take a look and fill in the blanks if you would like to do so! Also, I've listed if you have expressed interested in fish extenders. If you are and that's not indicated, you can PM me or just reply to the thread.

Mikat - DW DH DS6 DS9. Interested in FE
Jelo – Adults? DD16 DD9
Terimac – DW DH DS7 DD5. Interested in FE
Dukebombay – DH DW DD13 DD6
Minnesotamouse – DW DH DS18 DD15
Rumrunnergirl – DW DH DD11 DS10
Ckhca2 – DW DH DS10
Mjfisherdc – DW DH DD6 and DD5
Lhdive1- 2 sets of Grandparents, 2 sets of parents, 2 - 9 year olds and 5 year old triplets. Interested in FE
JacksonFam - Adults? DS4. Interested in FE

This will be our third Disney Cruise (and 6th cruise overall). We have been on both the Magic and the Wonder. We are also going to WDW after the cruise. Currently we are booked at SSR, but are hoping to switch into BCV at the 7th month mark (which is in 11 days). This will be our 8th trip to the World. I can try to answer any questions anyone has about Disney cruising and/or WDW.

Although FEs look like fun, DW has consistently said it is too much work (which you can see when you walk around the ship and see the work people put into it) and too much weight for us to participate. Enjoy that portion of the trip planning.

Chris.

mjfisherdc, any chance you're from DC? We're in NoVa.[/QUOTE]

Not from DC, but south central PA. The DC stands for my profession of being a Chiropractor.

Me (dw)44 and dh 46.
I am becoming obsessed with finding information! Just booked ASMo for the week before, little dissappointed that we're not staying at POP, but I think a change will be good!
Still waiting for flight info. to be updated, excursions booked(much to dh's sorrow, he thinks it's too much $$!)
Sign me up for the FE's!!

Any ideas on how to get the FE started for the people that are interested? Jw so I can start planning the gift ideas. :thumbsup2

Jumping in to rejuvenate this thread! Thinking of adding on a stay in WDW before the cruise, but it's hard to get away from our business for more than a few days. But I haven't been with my family in close to a year. Thinking of taking advantage of the Free Dining offer though. Even though I'm a travel agent, the Free Dining is actually a BETTER deal than any discounts I get as an agent.

Maybe I'll book a second trip for Jan. or Feb!

I did the free dining as well, it will be our first time using it! I calculated out all our meal expenses last time and figured we would be better off without...and we were. However, my 7 yr. old will most likely want a meal for herself this time(we all donated to her plate when she was 5!) So I think it will work out better, plus I don't have to worry about bringing the money :)
I am so looking forward time with my girls and some fun and relaxation!

Yeah, when you are paying for the dining, you have to decide if it's a good value for you. There are ways to keep your dining costs down, but if everyone is going to have full meals, with drinks and dessert, and snacks, then the dining plan saves you 25% at least. I LOVE the dining plan, and the freedom of being able to eat wherever I want, and order whatever I want, without my husband quacking about the price! :rolleyes1

My travel agent recommended this site and I am so glad she did! I am a first time cruiser and I am taking my 21 yo son, his 21 yo girlfriend and my 17 daughter on the Disney Dream - March 9th!

I am loving all the excitement on this board and at home...my 'kids' are bouncing off the walls....

Anyone from the KC, MO area going?????

How does a meet work?

My travel agent recommended this site and I am so glad she did! I am a first time cruiser and I am taking my 21 yo son, his 21 yo girlfriend and my 17 daughter on the Disney Dream - March 9th!

I am loving all the excitement on this board and at home...my 'kids' are bouncing off the walls....

Anyone from the KC, MO area going?????

How does a meet work?
Welcome to the 'Dream a Little Dream' spring break cruise!
The 'meet' is a fun way to get to know people who we will be cruising with prior to the cruise. This is a more personal way of asking questions about the cruise, and getting both prepared and excited with other cruisers. I got involved with the DIS boards for my last DCL cruise and it made the 'waiting' so much more fun! Every meet group is different-- some are large (over a hundred people) and some are much smaller; but they are all full of a nice diverse mix of families, couples, and singles of all ages, all with an excitement to cruise Disney. :banana: Many groups will have a fish exchange (FE), which is voluntary, and involves exchanging small gifts with others from the meet group. I don't know how to attach a link from my iPad, but the general forum has info on FE's if you are interested in learning more.
Feel free to ask any questions, make any comments, or just give a "shout out" to the group. That's what we are here for!:thumbsup2

By the way, in only 189 days, we will all be "meeting" on the Dream!
:banana: and next Friday is our 6 month milestone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter