• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 7th Fast Pass Experiences

Just heard a report that they were still turning people away that were 5 mins early.

Interesting. Ridemax just reported that they were aloud to use that Space Mountain FP 10 minutes late, and the CM didn't say a word. SO, maybe the grace period is good for 15 minutes after the pass expires, BUT not for the 5 minutes before it is active. --Katie

I wonder if we will soon see Fast Pass ticket trading? Maybe a new App is in order. You could trade your morning fastpass for someone who pulled one for later in the day?

I wonder if we will soon see Fast Pass ticket trading? Maybe a new App is in order. You could trade your morning fastpass for someone who pulled one for later in the day?

Great idea! While the kids are pin trading, the grown ups can be fastpass trading. :)

Great idea! While the kids are pin trading, the grown ups can be fastpass trading. :)

It already exists but really wasn't needed until now.

Someone posted about it way before FPE was even a rumor. It was pretty well panned and I think its gone. The one problem with the app was that you could trade, give away or pay someone for them. The last part is what put a bad taste in peoples mouths.

There is already an iOS app for that! :thumbsup2 I have it, though I have not used it yet.

It already exists but really wasn't needed until now.

Someone posted about it way before FPE was even a rumor. It was pretty well panned and I think gone. The one problem with the app was that you could trade, give away or pay someone for them. The last part is what put a bad taste in peoples mouths.

Wow, Thanks for the info. I will have to look for the app. I will have to look for the post, to see if I can do some research. :flower3:

I decided to test this on TSM, 20 mins late on purpose, I was let on with a warning that FP will NOT be accepted after the 15 min grace period in thre future.

I guess you see that there was a method to the madness. :cool1: Now we just need to keep the new policy intact. I guess y'all will never learn. The bold statements that are made by me on this board are made for only one reason; to rattle cages.:charac2:

Rattle on.

Everyone is talking about reaction of late FPers, I wonder how those who never even knew will react. Imagine, many people who was going for few trips and always used FPs on time but wished they could use them any time, learn today that they could but it was one of those "secrets". Would be very disappointing for them.

Agree.

Why pull a Fast Pass first thing before riding? It's likely to have a return time of about 9:45 (except for TSM, of course). And it would be faster to just do a second ride immediately after the first (probably a 10-minute standby wait at most), rather than wait till 9:45 for a second ride.

And not much point in saving the FP for "later," since by 10:45 (approximate end of window), we are likely to be far away in another part of the park.

ETA: I guess we could possibly use it for a third ride after the first two rides, assuming that we want to ride the same attraction three times in a row at park opening.

Mainly I would pull first thing in the morning just so I could hit another big name attraction in standby. So, at Epcot I would run for fastpasses for Soarin and my family would make their way to test track. I would catch up with them there and ride it standby, knowing we secured Soarin for afterwards. Still a good strategy, because you if you standby one without fastpassing another, you will have a much later return window and we would be out of the area.

I used the late returns as a convenience and never a rule. We wouldn't rush or skip rides based on the times. I still believe one hour is too small of a window, when frequently rides can have a longer wait than one hour...meaning you could get caught in an unexpectedly long queue line and miss your return window (especially when you consider walking time from attraction to attraction if its on the opposite side of the park). I am hoping they will extend it to two hours as time goes by and they make adjustments. I think it is reasonable and gives someone ample opportunity to use the fast passes.

I still believe one hour is too small of a window, when frequently rides can have a longer wait than one hour...meaning you could get caught in an unexpectedly long queue line and miss your return window (especially when you consider walking time from attraction to attraction if its on the opposite side of the park). I am hoping they will extend it to two hours as time goes by and they make adjustments. I think it is reasonable and gives someone ample opportunity to use the fast passes.

THIS. I really thought this would be the case when the announced the enforcement. I thought they would extend the window a bit. Like you said, perhaps they will in the future.

Everyone is talking about reaction of late FPers, I wonder how those who never even knew will react. Imagine, many people who was going for few trips and always used FPs on time but wished they could use them any time, learn today that they could but it was one of those "secrets". Would be very disappointing for them.

I'm sure that those that were oblivious to one of Disney's worst kept "secrets" (along with DVC) will remain oblivious to the enforcement of something they knew nothing about.

Kudos for the added verbiage to the fastpass eliminating any doubt that they can be used outside the printed window.

It's still way too early this morning. I'd guess most FPs have return times starting right around this time anyway.

I honestly don't like that it's being enforced BUT in terms of wait times, etc I really don't think it will have that big of an impact. Of the millions that visits WDW every year, how many ppl really knew that you could return past your window? I know I certainly didn't know for our 1998 or our 2001 trip.

Even after I heard they'd accept them late I never bothered. I just felt like they had the return time for a reason and I felt funny getting in line after my time had passed.

THIS. I really thought this would be the case when the announced the enforcement. I thought they would extend the window a bit. Like you said, perhaps they will in the future.

There is no real sence in just announcing and not enforcing. Every day there are new visitors, not like they have same people all the time, so basically for everyone who used to late FPs it will be something new for their next trip.

I am not sure about extending window, it worked fine for many people even without additional 15 minutes.

Ditto, I don’t think a two hour window is unreasonable and I think it would help satisfy most of the “what if’s”.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter