March 6, 2016 Magic 4-night

fuscofamily5

Earning My Ears
Shocked I haven't found a roll call for this trip anywhere. This will be our family's 5th Disney Cruise. The 1/2 day Atlantis trip was sold out when we tried to book, does anyone know of any independent trips being organized?

My wife & I did this same itinerary in the 3 day format in November, will be nice to be with the kids this time.

We are also going on the cruise. It's our first time and we are very excited. Looking for people who may be interested in a fish extender exchange.

Our kids are probably a bit old for the Fish extender (16x2 and 11), but would be great to meet up for a drink by the pool or something.

We are also going on the cruise. It's our first time and we are very excited. Looking for people who may be interested in a fish extender exchange.

We are doing this cruise. It will be our first Disney Cruise. We are also interested in the fish extender. We have two boys ages 11 and 9.

As it appears that some of you would like to have Fish Extender exchange, I've set up a little "how to" on how to handle it:
Setting up FE group

There's really no "rules" as to how a FE program runs. Basically someone maintains the list of those who wish to participate. The group can decide on what information is necessary to produce FE gifts. A basic list may only have DISname/room number/number of people in the room. A more involved list could be first & last names/ages/room number/favorite character/favorite color/allergies/whatever is deemed necessary to know. Also a decision can be made as to size of FE. Some groups break out the list(s) at 10-15 rooms max, so that there are multiple lists (and some people will participate in more than one list). Other groups just make one big list (upwards of 20-30 rooms).

At some point the list will "close". Typically this happens 30-45 days out from the cruise, so that everyone participating has time to organize/prepare their gifts. Shortly before this time (about 2-3 weeks prior) the organizer will either post the list (usually via a conversation is best, as that's more private), or directly on the Cruise Meet thread, to confirm everyone on it is still participating. It’s important to make a statement about "anyone not confirming by XX date will be dropped" at this time. A little harsh, yes, but often there are people who will post on the cruise meet thread as soon as the reserve the cruise and say “I want to participate”, and are never heard from again.

Once the list closes, the organizer will post the final list. Also, a decision must be made as to whether to allow late additions. Sometimes there is a "pixie dust" list. That is, basically, a latecomers list that gets posted about a week out from the cruise that others may or may not add to their "final" list. Be sure the "pixie dust" list participants realize they may or may not get gifts from others.

The other "biggie" is no other social media sites are allowed to be linked or search directions posted as to how find that other site here on DISboards.

As it seems there are a few here on your cruise meet thread who would be interested in doing this, who’s going to step up and volunteer to maintain the list?

Last edited:

So how do we find out about fish extenders now?
If your cruise meet thread (this thread) wants to do a DISboards Fish Extender group, it will be handled here. Not another site. Other sites may have FE groups, but they are not DISboards connected.

So there is no FE for this cruise? I'm not liking the changes DISboards has made. All so confusing and difficult.

So there is no FE for this cruise? I'm not liking the changes DISboards has made. All so confusing and difficult.
It appears that there is no Fish Extender group organized here on DISboards. There are reasons the changes were made, and they are pretty much in line with most other cruise forums.

I will also note, most FE groups do close their list about 30-45 days out to allow everyone time to prepare their gifts. It's quite possible that you may have been too late to sign up anyway, if there was one here.

mommameah, if you are still interested, there is a group that I'm in outside of here that will probably let you in. While you won't be a part of the normal FE groups, there are some people who have extras that are wanting to "pixie dust" some others. I obviously can't tell you exactly where that is, but I will say if you think social networking, you're on the right track.

mommameah, if you are still interested, there is a group that I'm in outside of here that will probably let you in. While you won't be a part of the normal FE groups, there are some people who have extras that are wanting to "pixie dust" some others. I obviously can't tell you exactly where that is, but I will say if you think social networking, you're on the right track.
I did indeed find a list. Thanks so much. I'm also looking for the lady who had a bunch of generic graphics that we could use. I used a lot of her stuff on previous cruises but apparently a lot of my brain cells have died and I can't think of the name.

It appears that there is no Fish Extender group organized here on DISboards. There are reasons the changes were made, and they are pretty much in line with most other cruise forums.

I will also note, most FE groups do close their list about 30-45 days out to allow everyone time to prepare their gifts. It's quite possible that you may have been too late to sign up anyway, if there was one here.
I totally understand when they close. I've done the FE's before, but I just have been quite busy and have not been able to get with the program. I was just hoping to share a little pixie dust with the group. But it's all good. I found a group.

I did indeed find a list. Thanks so much. I'm also looking for the lady who had a bunch of generic graphics that we could use. I used a lot of her stuff on previous cruises but apparently a lot of my brain cells have died and I can't think of the name.

Glad to hear.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the lady :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter