March 5, 2011 - Bushwacker Wild Wild Westerners

We loved Cozumel also, the Fury Catamaran was absolutely wonderful. My daughter had a blast. This was our first experience with FE and we would definitely do it again. Thank you to everyone who participated, it really was alot of fun.

We had an amazing vacation! I was sad that I could not meet all of you since I missed the meeting since my husband had to finish some last minute work and by the time I unpacked it was late.
Glad you guys enjoyed Cozumel because it was the opposite for us( worst port for us) perhaps we didn't have an excursion but went to Paradise Beach and it wasn't what we expected( water was murky, very rocky, the so called water toys were so far off in the water that my girls could not get to them ( too deep, dirty and rocky water) but we made the best of it.
It was an overall great experience!

Back home and the unpacking and laundry has begun. :sad1:

So happy we got to meet many of you! It was fun running into friends throughout the cruise. :grouphug:

We had a fantastic time! Loved ALL of the ports of call even Cozumel. They have really cleaned it up since our last cruise there in 2006. We thought the weather, for the most part, was fantastic and we got to spend a lot of time just relaxing in the sun. :yay:

We don't get seasick, thank goodness, but our house is still rolling like the ship! :rotfl: I'm sure it won't last long and it's more amusing than disturbing.

A big thanks to Eddie, the bartender in Diversions, for his Key Lime Punch recipe, and also for telling us how to make Ginger Tea to help with my laryngitis and post nasal drip. I fixed a glass last night and another this morning and I'm happy to report, my voice is doing much, much better and the drainage is drying up. I should have ordered that at the bar instead of the punch!!!! :lmao:

We rebooked a dummy date onboard but hope to move that to sometime in 2013 once those dates come out. Did anyone else rebook?

Bamfield--Thanks again for the Diet Dr. Pepper! I savored every drop!!!!

Well, my washer and dryer are calling so I better get back to work!!!!!

Donna

Thank you everyone for the wonderful FE gifts! It was terrific finding little surprises all thru the cruise. Y'all are so creative! My house is rolling like the ship too. I think I remember it takes about 3 days for the ocean to stop moving. Hope everyone has a safe trip home! The Overly's Gulf Breeze, FL.

Sorry we didn't get to meet anyone, but we had a great time...

Anyone catch "Mars needs Moms" Friday?? We did, and wish we hadn't. ONe of the worst Disney films in a while...

Walked out of Mars after 15 mins. It is nice when you don't have to pay for the movie.
Thought Fury Catamaran was great but was disappointed a bit with the quality of their beach. Sort of reminded me of Lake Ponchatrain for those LA folks.

I am sad to be home, and wishing so much I was still on board!! Doesn't seem fair, now does it!?!?!?!

It was so great to hang with my buddies, and to meet new ones. Hope we can cruise again together sometime soon!

Now... let the :laundy::laundy: commence!! :laughing::laughing:

Ciao for now!

Finally home and yes we did rebook a dummy date to move for 2013. It was nice meeting some of you at prom. lounge.

For a first timer, I did get sea sick :sick:the first day( some how I mistakenly took kids dramamine instead of the bonine!don't ask). Then my daughter got sick right at dinner all over the table at animators palette. Yes that was us:rolleyes1 Then she got sea sick again during the pirate dinner at animators palate again but left before anything worked its way out;). She did miss the pirate party.Needless to say I was so looking forward to that rest. but basically missed out on it.:mad: My daughter now thinks that rest. is what makes her sick.:goodvibes

I accidentally dropped my waterproof $400 camera off the tender at the caymans. But I bought the newer model on the ship when we got back:rotfl2:

I thought the food was a little too fancy for us so it was okay, some nights really good. We are picky. I did try many new things and gained 5lbs:mad:

I also missed the chocolate buffet and the pirate buffet do to tired kids. Maybe next time.

Other than that it was awesome:cool1:Loved that my GTY was upgraded to a 9. Great service. We went to chankanaab in cozumel and did the dolphin swim and got a free upgrade to dolphin push and got a manatee swim. Stingray city was cool and the starfish snorkel with native ways was nice and only 12 of us on the boat.

Then we stayed at AKL for the 12th and got choosen as family of the day and was upgraded to the savannah arusha view for free!I will say that the BOMA b-fast was such a waste of money 100.00 for 4 and the food was not even that good and a very small selection. Not sure what the hype it:confused3

What a great trip. Hubby wants to buy into DVC. THe man who wanted carnival instead of Disney b/c of price and wasn't sure about Disney last year till he went( wanted values). I love it!

Well, I see I am not the only one have a little withdrawl from the Magic. :wizard: And in good company with doing laundry. :laundy:

It was really wonderful to meet everyone and yes we did book a future date. Hopefully, we will see you all in the future.

Paul and I enjoyed your company in the clubs. He is still laughing about the couple from the Newlywed Game and the Ventrilquist.

I am glad many of you enjoyed the Fury Catamaran. We probably won't go again. I am pretty sure I broke my toe getting back on the boat at the beach. Paul thinks I have a thing against dive boats, I seem to always get hurt. :rotfl:

See you all soon!
Lisa

We are finally home! It was an incredible vacation for all of us. The girls cried when we had to leave. They asked later Saturday if they could go to the "kid's club" after dinner. They weren't happy with the answer!

We booked onboard, also. We already had one booked for this fall, and cannot wait! We'll be staying at BLT for a couple of days and I'll be at WDW for my first time ever!

We so appreciate all of the FE gifts. Both girls loved checking for their happys. I really think it made it a little more special to them. Love all of the items!

I have got to get unpacked and get laundry done. My best friend's mom passed away this morning, so I may be headed right back out of town in a day or two. He got the call after our fun day together Saturday.

Well, here I sit saddened by the fact that it has been 4 days since we left the sanctuary of the ship! We got home early Monday evening, after a wonderful Sunday with my niece at MK!! Beautiful weather that day BTW!

Michelle, It was great to meet you in person! We will have to stay in touch, since we are so close!! I am sorry that we didn't get to spend more time together...It seems like their was always something going on:woohoo:

Amanda, I am so sorry to hear of your friends loss! I hope that you have safe travels as you head back down to be with him. I really enjoyed watching the excitement of your girls at the hotel! They made me even more excited...and that is really what it is all about, right? (The excitement, and laughter of the kiddos) Your girls are beautiful!

As for the rest of the Bushwacker clan...I feel terrible that I was not able to meet everyone! I was so busy the 2 weeks before we left that I forgot to bring the cabin spreadsheet with me, and had not been able to get on the boards to see what was happening with everyone. For some stupid reason I thought that I would be able to see everyone and hang out, but one thing always lead to another! Technically this was like a 1st cruise for us, as I still look at the 4 day Wonder cruise as a teaser! So John and I felt like we needed to see everything and do everything.:wizard: Hopefully maybe someday we will cruise together again:grouphug: and have the chance to mingle!:thumbsup2

Hopefully everyone had the time of their lives, I know that we did! We plan to do this again! tried several times to talk with the cruise guy at his desk before leaving th ship, but he always had a huge line, and we didn't feel like waitng long (we were having too much fun)!:cheer2:

Amanda, I am so sorry to hear of your friends loss! I hope that you have safe travels as you head back down to be with him. I really enjoyed watching the excitement of your girls at the hotel! They made me even more excited...and that is really what it is all about, right? (The excitement, and laughter of the kiddos) Your girls are beautiful!

Thanks! It was a crazy trip, but I am back home for now. On my way home, I got a message that a family friend passed away yesterday, so I am off again tomorrow or Sunday. Crazy!

The girls had such a good time, and we had fun just watching them (and looking back through the pictures). Their expressions are priceless!

Okay Fellow Bushwackers I found us on Page 6!!!!
Other than the fact that the trip is over, I always find it sad to think that our thread will just keep going further and further down the pages :sad1:

I haven't posted since we got back, but will comment on it now...we most definitely had the greatest week of all our cruises so far!!! The weather was amazing, and the friends :hug: were even better!!!!! Dinner was always a highlight, thanks to the Story and Tinker families, and we looked forward and enjoyed our night cap every night with Russ and Donna as well ;)

We really enjoyed meeting all of you, as it was great running into familiar faces throughout the day/week.

I keeping thinking back to our Castaway Cay day, what a great day!!!!
AMAZING! Would love to do that day again, don't think it could have been better :goodvibes

I am still so thankful that the captain was able to get us docked!!! I will be honest, after being on a cruise that was unable to dock at castaway cay one year, I was getting very NERVOUS, to the point that my stomach was seriously upset!!! Was so relieved when we made it! As I know everyone was!

Hopefully... we will someday all get to cruise again. We did rebook a dummy date, so IF we do cruise Disney again, it will be a couple of years away. :)

Okay with all of that.....I want to send Birthday Wishes :bday::bday::bday: out to "Our Little Story Princess" hope your day was filled with lots of birthday cake :cake: and presents party:party:

:drinking1 Here's one final toast... to a Great Week!!!

We were so glad to make CC, too! I had started preparing the family after the first attempt.

The girls still talk about the cruise, and have been begging to go on the Dream, so that they can go to Pixie Hollow and Andy's room. That comes around Halloween along with a few days at WDW!

Eventually I have to get back to schoolwork. I cannot seem to get motivated!

Hope everyone is doing well. It is nice to be able to see some activity on the board.

Kinda getting excited about the possibilities for the cruises announced today. Really wish we could take the HI one, but it is just not a good time of year.

Amanda - Let us know how you liked the DREAM later this fall. I booked a trip for the boys and my mom next spring break and am concerned about how many more people will be on the boat and whether that will affect CC.

Lisa

Hope everyone is doing well. It is nice to be able to see some activity on the board.

Kinda getting excited about the possibilities for the cruises announced today. Really wish we could take the HI one, but it is just not a good time of year.

Amanda - Let us know how you liked the DREAM later this fall. I booked a trip for the boys and my mom next spring break and am concerned about how many more people will be on the boat and whether that will affect CC.

Lisa

I will. It looks like it is pretty full at this point, so we should be able to have a good idea about a full ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter