March 5, 2011 - Bushwacker Wild Wild Westerners

Hello fellow cruisers :wave:
So glad the weather is warming up :sunny: hopefully it will stay this way. I am so nervous or should I say overwhelmed:scared1: I am pretty sure I have bought everything so now I can't get myself to start packing. I have the suitcases but don't know where to start:confused3. I have made lists but still have that exciting nervousness feeling :sad2::yay: Anyone else feeling that. I hope to have everything. Okay so the only thing I have not been able to get to is the door magnets. That is something I had planned on but now with time so short, I'm thinking of skipping it:confused: It's just that soo much going on that the magnets were my least priority.
Oh ya, I had a friend who came off of the DREAM and told me that CC was cold and had to keep their jackets on. I saw pics and everyone around had jackets. I hope that we get some good weatherpixiedust:

Also, sorry for the long message but wanted to know if we tip extra at Palos?
Thanks and have a great week :flower3:

We are getting close enough to start checking the weather sites. Anyone know a site with a 15 day for international weather??:grouphug:

Well, we always think we have sooo much time when we plan these trips months in advance:surfweb:...but of course, we are two weeks out and now all of the things we said that we would do have crept up on us and we are behind! :scared1:

Since we are going with two other families from our daughter's school, the moms have all made something special for the 5 BFFs:grouphug:...needless to say, they are giving them to the girls THIS Saturday...That is why I am saying my Cyndi-rella is stressed. She has been sewing away.

Now, some of you are saying, "why aren't you helping her, emmysdid???" Well let's just say I will never get arrested for impersonating Martha Stewart, if you no what I mean!;)

The Snow in Snowmaha is almost gone and we are counting down the days! We are coming in on the 4th and taking AAA Taxi down to Radisson at the Port. Any feedback on that hotel?

See you all soon and either Cyndi-rella and I will be checking in daily!:hyper2:

We are coming in on the 4th and taking AAA Taxi down to Radisson at the Port. Any feedback on that hotel?

We really like this hotel, have never stayed at any other so really cannot compare it to a different one at Port Canaveral.

My youngest loves the pool, as do we for that matter, okay maybe not so much the pool as maybe the pool bar ;) there usually is some kind of music playing there as well, definitely gives you the feeling that the vacation has started ;)

They do serve a breakfast buffet, we have never ate there before, we have always just grabbed a quick bite at McDonalds. Can't remember if it is within walking distance or not:confused3

There is a good restaurant that we ate at the night before last cruise, and it is right beside the Raddisn It is called Kelsey's, they sever Italian Food and it is pretty good:thumbsup2 seems like they might offer coupons at the front desk...again can't remember for sure...we have also in the past just ordered Pizza and ate it at the pool, this always works well if you can't get the kids out of the pool;)

Hope that helps a little :flower3:

Hopefully the CI&S will be good for the one night. I've heard good and bad things about it and the Radisson, but you never know until you try it for yourself!

Has anyone done Fishlips for dinner? I think we are going to try it Friday night.

We feel for all of those that are ill, have other travel planned. I don't know how you do it! :worship:

We are staying Saturday night after the cruise in Lake Mary to see our friend. I cannot wait for him to meet our girls!

Now if I can just get finished with my schoolwork so that I can concentrate on the cruise!!! Darn school getting in the way of my fun!:confused3

Accuweather.com gives a 15 day forecast. Not sure how accurate it is that far out but it's fun to check it.

Amanda--maybe you've posted this before and I missed it but what are you studying?

Accuweather.com gives a 15 day forecast. Not sure how accurate it is that far out but it's fun to check it.

Amanda--maybe you've posted this before and I missed it but what are you studying?

After putting Dale through his Bachelor's and MBA, I am working on my BA in History. The plan is to teach HS history...but is totally subject to change.

After putting Dale through his Bachelor's and MBA, I am working on my BA in History. The plan is to teach HS history...but is totally subject to change.

That's wonderful! I went to college after I had kids too. It does make it more challenging but I think I appreciated it more too! Good luck! :)

That's wonderful! I went to college after I had kids too. It does make it more challenging but I think I appreciated it more too! Good luck! :)

I absolutely appreciate it more now. My grades are so much better, too!!! It just makes it a challenge with family.

We are having major issues with our local school system charter surrender and subsequent legal maneuvarings that we aren't going to be utilizing public schools next year. Looks like I will be homeschooling on top of everything else!

Well, we finally got our travel docs today including our cruise pack and flight tickets, so we actually believe we are going now!

Still waiting for a new suitcase to be delivered, but must start packing soon as we leave home in less than a week. Can't wait now. :cool1::banana::banana:

Well, we finally got our travel docs today including our cruise pack and flight tickets, so we actually believe we are going now!

Still waiting for a new suitcase to be delivered, but must start packing soon as we leave home in less than a week. Can't wait now. :cool1::banana::banana:

:welcome: That is awesome...Welcome to the group! Good luck, and safe travels to you as you make your way to the Magic!

Well, DH is finally starting to feel a little better! Still hacking up a lung though! I am starting to cough a bit, but I don't feel to bad! Maybe it's because I keep forgetting my allergy meds!:rolleyes1 I am dragging out the suitcases tomorrow, and am going to start to unload those totes I have been collecting cruise stuff in!!:banana: I am nervous, excited, and stressed all at once...I am so ready for one of those Bushwackers NOW!!!! (Ok so who am I kidding we all know it will be more like 10 of them:laughing:)

Well, DH is finally starting to feel a little better! Still hacking up a lung though! I am starting to cough a bit, but I don't feel to bad! Maybe it's because I keep forgetting my allergy meds!:rolleyes1 I am dragging out the suitcases tomorrow, and am going to start to unload those totes I have been collecting cruise stuff in!!:banana: I am nervous, excited, and stressed all at once...I am so ready for one of those Bushwackers NOW!!!! (Ok so who am I kidding we all know it will be more like 10 of them:laughing:)

It shows how accustomed I am to facebook! I was going to hit like! Not on the coughing and illness, but the packing and the Bushwackers!!!

I'm not looking forward to my WW weigh in after the cruise! Not so much because of the food...but the alcohol and friends to share it with!!!! :drinking1

Donna - Thanks for the website. Among my other OCP traits is weather watching. Didn't know if we would need jackets and long pants for WDW. Looks like its supposed to be close to 80F. I was just hoping for no snow on the 2nd so we can leave Chicago.

It shows how accustomed I am to facebook! I was going to hit like! Not on the coughing and illness, but the packing and the Bushwackers!!!

Well, I am glad everyone is feeling better. As for those totes, I can relate. I have mail order bags everywhere. I am Land End's new best friend. Not sure what to do about packing. I ended up having one more trip to DC this coming week so I am waiting for that to be over. However, we leave really early on the 2nd so I have to be all done by next weekend. Those cocktails are sounding better and better!

Well, it's happenend! I am officially sick!:sick:you know, the whole gammet of things sniffling, sneezing, coughing, stuffy head, and fever!:faint: All I have to say is THANKS A LOT! to my DH John! Oh well, like I said before better now than in a week from now!! I am kind of hoping my boys get it too...(now that is) so that they will be fine for the trip! On one of our vacations, probably like 6 years ago, Aaron was sick the day we left and ran a fever for the first 3 days we were in WDW, then Kayle got it on the 4th day and was sick until we got home...It was NOT fun!:scared1:

Hi, everyone! I haven't checked in for quite a while! Things have been really hectic around here! (I'm sure you can relate LOL)

We leave in a week and 4 days! We get in late Friday night and will be staying at the Four Points. I can't wait to get to the terminal bright and early Saturday morning!

So has everyone done their cruise docs? Have you signed up for a time to arrive at the Port? We should be there at about 10:30.

I am getting SO excited! I know it's not the DREAM, but we've never sailed on Magic before and I can't wait to see her!

Looking forward to a great cruise and to meeting all of you!

P.S.Is anyone doing a FE?

We aren't doing the official FE, but plan on bringing extra Mardi GRAS beads to share with others....

Hey everybody!!! I can't believe the Story family leaves in 9 days!!!! I am :woohoo: and yet :scared1: at the same time! I haven't started packing. I just today made my first list of stuff. So unprepared.

AND - we were away this weekend, and come home to a SNOW prediction of 5-8 inches. :scared1::scared1:

I keep telling myself that if I can only get through 9 days, I'll be on vacation. I can get through 9 days, right?!?!?!?:confused3

People - please keep me sane. Please. :scared1::scared1:

Hey everybody!!! I can't believe the Story family leaves in 9 days!!!! I am :woohoo: and yet :scared1: at the same time! I haven't started packing. I just today made my first list of stuff. So unprepared.

AND - we were away this weekend, and come home to a SNOW prediction of 5-8 inches. :scared1::scared1:

I keep telling myself that if I can only get through 9 days, I'll be on vacation. I can get through 9 days, right?!?!?!?:confused3

People - please keep me sane. Please. :scared1::scared1:

You CAN get through 9 days!! We'll help get you through!:grouphug: We here in the Twin Cities have gotten about another 15 inches of the white stuff...still snowing in fact! It is really pretty, but I am sick of it...definetely ready for sunshine and warmth!:beach: (AND ready to be done with this virus!!) We leave in 8 days WOO HOO!!:cool1::banana::yay:party:

I haven't been on the site in awhile but heck....now's the time - less than two weeks away!!!

We (myself, my wife Kate and our son Matt - he turns three on April 2nd) have a cabana booked #4 I think on Castaway Cay and were wondering if anybody want to join us and split the cost? Not sure if people do this sort of thing but I know you can use the cabana for up to six people for the $500 charge.

Let me know if you are interested.

Michael McCutcheon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter