March 5, 2011 - Bushwacker Wild Wild Westerners

So we woke up to -25 Wind Chill this morning in Snowmaha :eek:...Luckily, I was able to come to work and get on DISboards to get my fix in for our Bushwackers Cruise. :worship:

Just a quick question about footwear for dinner. Can you wear sandals to dinner? I would like to wear khakis and a polo or sweater, but have some nice slip on sandals. Can you wear them or do you need covered toes? :confused:

Thank you for all of the great information!

emmysdidi

On the other end of the state we to woke up to Chilly weather as well ( I think was like -14 with wind chill) our high today is 7...
The kids had late start :banana: this morning due to snow we received overnight would have liked to have a snow day, but was happy with a late start;)

As far as shoes go, I can't honestly remember wearing anything but open toed shoes/sandals to dinner, Some others can chime in on this as well, but I seriously think that your nice slip on sandals are fine :)

Stay warm :goodvibes

I was reading on the boards, and someone mentioned happy hour on board. I hadn't seen that elsewhere. Any ideas as to what time? Does anyone know if all drinks are included or just drink of the day?

Technology... I think every hour on board is "Happy Hour" :lmao::lmao:

But like Donna posted, I think what you might be referring to is the Captains Gala on formal night, as far as drink choices, they usually offer 2 different alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks, which they just have servers walking around with them on trays, you don't order them, they just hand them to you off the trays. :)

As far as shoes go, I can't honestly remember wearing anything but open toed shoes/sandals to dinner, Some others can chime in on this as well, but I seriously think that your nice slip on sandals are fine :)

Stay warm :goodvibes

Ditto on the shoes. I almost always wear open toes of some sort. I can't WAIT for flip flop season. :thumbsup2

For men... I'm pretty sure you can wear any kind of shoe/sandal you want. That's what "cruise casual" means, right?!?!:banana: But officially - there is no "closed toe shoe" policy.

The captains reception isn't what I was reading about. It was a 2-for-1 drink offer. Maybe something fairly new?

I plan to wear sandals, so hope it isn't a problem! Just scheduled my mani-pedi for Tuesday before, so I am going to show these toes off!

Hey everyone!! It's been a while since I have been able to get here to the board, so thought I'd drop in and catch up on the latest goings on in our little group!

Sounds as though we are all "mustering" through the weather ok:eek: It was actually sunny here in Minne-snow-ta today, but was colder than you know what! I didn't actually check temps, because I really didn't want to know. All that really matters, is that it was below zero!!:cold:

Like many of you, we received our cruise book sometime last week, and it is so cool! I am starting to panic a little now, afraid that I won't be ready in time! We have a huge trip (out of state hockey tournament) the weekend before, so I really need to have everything ready by then! wish me luck!:rolleyes1

I have been gathering graphics for our magnets, but haven't started them yet, hopefully will get to that this weekend! I also decided to re-complete our boarding docs...Seems silly to me?!:confused3 I am not sure why they didn't inform us to do so in the cruise docs, or by email. I was disturbed to see that only the 11:30-12:30 time slot was left for the morning! DH plans on getting there by 10:30 anyway, and said that I should have just left it alone...oh well, I was afraid We would have missed something with the added barcode and all:confused:

OK all of you...Stay warm, Stay healthy, and keep up with the excitement!:cool1:

The captains reception isn't what I was reading about. It was a 2-for-1 drink offer. Maybe something fairly new?

I plan to wear sandals, so hope it isn't a problem! Just scheduled my mani-pedi for Tuesday before, so I am going to show these toes off!

They do have 2-1 specials. No set time that I remember. I usually just ask before I order if they have any specials. That includes the pool area and the bars/lounges.

I'm definitely wearing sandals!!!! Hope to get a pedi and maybe a spray on tan before we leave. :banana:

mick.ey fan--I'm just printing my door signs today. Then I'll laminate them and put magnet strips on them.

I think I'll check out our clothes tonighat that we'll be wearing for dinner on the ship as I leave on Thursday for a visit with my daughter in Idaho. That way I can stop in KC and do some shopping. :cool1:

I guess I should stop complaining that we didnt make it out of the 50s here today:rotfl2:. 3 WEEKS FROM TONIGHT WE WILL BE IN OUR ROOM AT ALL STAR SPORTS!!!! I cant wait for vacation to come. It has been a rough few weeks here...car accident, terminal teenage cousin in ICU, Mom had a stroke, Bryanna was sick and now I am. I just keep looking at our countdown chain....:surfweb::3dglasses. Car accident was no injuries...major headache. Mom is home and on the mend. FInally had a cry session the other night but for the most part things seem to be improving:worship::rolleyes1. We did get our documents the other day!!!!!:banana: Also found mine and Bryannas formal gowns:banana: Need to pull out my old magnets and get to printing new ones, just havent had much time lately:sad2: Sorry this post was kind of back and forth and scattered...guess it matches my head lately:laughing: See you all soon!!!!

I guess I should stop complaining that we didnt make it out of the 50s here today:rotfl2:. 3 WEEKS FROM TONIGHT WE WILL BE IN OUR ROOM AT ALL STAR SPORTS!!!! I cant wait for vacation to come. It has been a rough few weeks here...car accident, terminal teenage cousin in ICU,sister was arrested, Mom had a stroke, Bryanna was sick and now I am. I just keep looking at our countdown chain....:surfweb::3dglasses. Car accident was no injuries...major headache. Mom is home and on the mend. FInally had a cry session the other night but for the most part things seem to be improving:worship::rolleyes1. We did get our documents the other day!!!!!:banana: Also found mine and Bryannas formal gowns:banana: Need to pull out my old magnets and get to printing new ones, just havent had much time lately:sad2: Sorry this post was kind of back and forth and scattered...guess it matches my head lately:laughing: See you all soon!!!!

For all of you who have done this packing stuff before, DW wants to know how may clothes hangers are in the rooms????:laundy:

For all of you who have done this packing stuff before, DW wants to know how may clothes hangers are in the rooms????:laundy:

I want to say you get about 15. They have more just for the asking. When we go, there really is not a lot we need to hang up. Just our formal stuff which alread comes on hangers from the garmet bag. We leave all of our jackets and coats home even if we are coming from -20 degrees. :scared1:

Ok, so here is the movie list.....
1) Up
2) Princess & The Frog
3) Alice & Wonderland
4) Last Song
5) Toy Story III- 3D
6) Sorcerer Apprentice
7) Step Up 3-D
8) You Again
9) Tangled
10) Tron Legacy
11) Nomeo & Juliet 3D
12) I am #4
I am sad to say we are not th premier cruise for any new movies.... Oh well; I guess we have been blessed where we have been on all of our other cruises.

I too am a little panic. I seem so far behind and guess I better get my butt in gear. Mickey-fan; we too have tournaments every weekend until the cruise.

Talk with evyone in the AM....

Doesn't Mars Needs Moms come out on the 11th? I thought that we would be able to see it on board.

Thanks for the info about the hangers. I hadn't even thought to ask!

Doesn't Mars Needs Moms come out on the 11th? I thought that we would be able to see it on board.

Thanks for the info about the hangers. I hadn't even thought to ask!

Does it? If it does then we will be able to see it on the 10th.... I asked the DCL lady 2 times even told her I really was sad if we did not have a "Premier" to reference this trip to. She looked and said "Nope; I do not see one listed. The only two I have is Nomeo etc on 2/11 & ...#4 on the 18th of February. Maybe they are just not that far out and she does not know. :lmao:

We use our Steamer Trunk for most of our clothes and our clothes take up A LOT of space.:lmao: So besides dress clothes and maybe a few of your DH's shirts, you may not need to hang much. Just my 2 cents... I need to go shopping I think.... I guess I will order DH & DS's tux vest in the morning. We can not order on the ship like BJ as they do not carry their sizes...:lmao:

As far as sandles, we wear them all cruise except formal and semi-formal nights. I paid all that money for my and DD's toes, think I'm covering those puppies....

Chris~
Sorry to hear of all of your turmoil. I am happy the sun is now peaking through. What department do you work? Just wondering if you are needing to be the Nurse as well.....

Happy your car accident turned out ok. I am getting an MRI this week, because I still can not lift my arm above my head. :sad2: I tell you, that better get better real soon....... I am loosing my patience with it....

Thank you for the info on the footwear! :thumbsup2

It is funny that you all are talking about the moviespopcorn::...as I was reading the posts to cyndi-rella, she looks over and says "What about Mars Needs Moms?"...:confused3

And then, BAM! The next post was the same question!!!:laughing:

When I told her she said, "Great MOMS think alike!"

Have a great week...see you all soon

Just wanted to let everyone know I found a new cool phone app for Cruises. It has all kinds of helpful information. It is called Ship Mate. The version for Disney on the iPhone is still waiting for approval. Just thought I would pass the information on.:surfweb:

Amanda - Thanks for the movie update! I wanted to see Tangled so I am glad it's playing. Now I just have to find a movie buddy. The boys might think it's too much of a chick flick. However, I did get DH to go to High Tea so there is hope for me.

Did anyone else think they had signed on to the wrong place and where were my link? New colors, new places.

Well, we finally got our cruise/WDW documents on Monday. Looked them over then started the "I better check my packing list again to make sure I haven't forgotten anything."

It is just too cold outside. :eek: I feel bad for those of you who got more snow. My sister in TN has had more snow days than us. After I dropped the boys off at before school care this morning, I just didn't want to get out of my car again. I dreaded the walk from the parking lot to the office this morning. It was -13 with the windchill, however, it is colder right now. They are looking at -25 tonight.

Everybody stay safe and warm!

Lisa

We got lots of snow today. It took Dale about 2 hours to get home, and it is normally about a 30 min trip in traffic. Yuck! The girls don't have school tomorrow. :sad2: They need time apart. They only go two days a week!

I did get some of our FE items done and some of our door magnets completed. I feel like that is something good! I do have some homework to get done at some point so that I will be ready for my test on the 3rd!

Temps are supposed to warm up next week and I am so excited! I checked weather.com and the temps are right around 80 for Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and the Bahamas!

Thanks everyone for the heads up about registration...went and did it last night:thumbsup2. We love an early arrival so glad we got it done with this new stuff!:worship: Excursion wise we are doing Xcaret in Cozumel and Native Ways Sting Rays and Tour in GC! Super excited. Key West we are just going to venture out and wander:confused3. I am just so ready to get away! Less then a month and we will be at the WOrld then on to to boat!!! Hope everyone is thawing out after the storm. DOors are open letting in the humid fresh air here:rotfl:

We are doing the native way stingray too!

It has been a rough few weeks here...car accident, terminal teenage cousin in ICU,sister was arrested, Mom had a stroke, Bryanna was sick and now I am.

:flower3: Sending Caribbean thoughts your way ;)

You really have had a rough couple of weeks..
Hang in there, you have sunshine, Mickey and Bahama Mama's (or is it Bushwacker's) waiting for you at the end of your tunnel

Ok, so here is the movie list.....
1) Up
2) Princess & The Frog
3) Alice & Wonderland
4) Last Song
5) Toy Story III- 3D
6) Sorcerer Apprentice
7) Step Up 3-D
8) You Again
9) Tangled
10) Tron Legacy
11) Nomeo & Juliet 3D
12) I am #4

Thanks Tinker:flower3: I had a feeling that you would be able to find this out for us:)

I looked up the trailer for some of these movies as I hadn't really seen or heard of some of them..guess I am more out of the loop then I even thought:confused3

You Again looks cute, and after seeing the trailer for it, I realized that I have seen previews for it...

I am #4 not so sure about that one :sad2:

Kaylee thought Toy Story 3 D would be fun to see... We usually only make it to one movie, so we will see what happens.. but it is always fun to know what movies are showing before we go..:)

Tink Good Luck with your MIR :flower3:
You will have to let us know how it goes....hopefully it is not your right arm? That might slow down the Buskwacker consumption if you have to use your left arm;)
:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter