March 5, 2011 - Bushwacker Wild Wild Westerners

Got our documents today, as well.

Even though we booked with DU, it looks like the documents came directly from Disney, no travel agent stop..

D~
Happy you. Russ nor the Hot Tub was so buried we would have to call out the SWAT team... Happy you all survived? No Mail????:confused3 What happened to the fact the USPS is suppose to delivery no matter what the weather? Don't they have Hover Boards for goodness sake? Don't they know you await your cruise documents... HOW DARE THEY.....:lmao: Happy everything is well... How'd baby shopping go? Did you tell DD that you were getting a lot of "practice" next month? :rotfl2: Even though it sounds like they may be coming back with bad habbits. I guess I havee to pack running shoes... Gesh, are you making them start the Marathon training early? :rotfl::rotfl:

The Tink Family got documents today as well. Thank you for telling me they were there. We hardly ever check our mailbox as we have a PO Box (the post office is down the street) and I forget about the house one sometimes.:upsidedow

Thanks for informing me about the port selection time. I had not even started to fill out the cruise documents, so would have been late on that....:guilty: So thank you. We got our desired time.... Now if we just can get there at that time....:) Don't worry Lady Story.... We will be on time for dinner....:goodvibes
Speaking of.... All of my favorite dinner crew is on The Dream..... Think they will "Jump Ship" just for me? :lmao: Did I mention we were celebrating my Birthday? :dance3::rotfl::rotfl:

BJ~ How is the shoulder going? Id RJ ready to party hardy? Tell him we have to "Do the Hussel"....:thumbsup2 Did you talk with Michelle on the phone or just via computer? I will call you this weekend....

Sometimes between all of the "Go Pack Go".... chatter in this neck of the woods.... Kind of messing with the Tink Family Brain. I guess we will have to cheer for them though; considering we live here....

We also do not book many excursions. We are kind of Beach Bums and just hit the beaches and the local scene for most POCs. That is the reason we like cruising.... We actually like to play things by ear and do not like the time schedule crunch.... That is what makes it feel like vacation. Our BEST cruise EVER wa the one we got to take REAL afternoon naps... Something I have not done since pregnant. This is one thing that my DH and I totally agree on. That is the issue with WDW... We feel like we have to hit the parks Rambo style. We have even decided that this trip, we will just be sure to catch the parade and dinner, other than that.... TRY to not plan.

Dogs~ We come in the day prior, because we could never place the pressure on us having to be up that early. We would NEVER make the flight. Actually this cruise we have even chaled it up, since we have early dinner; we will not make it to breakfast on the last morning. This will be new for us as we have never done Topsiders for breakfast the last day... As far as staying after, it saved us almost $600 to stay a day later.... Well DH says it saves nothing since we are staying at WDW after and adding in park tickets; but I rather spend that money for memories than give it to the airline. They are already getting a lot of dead guys on green paper from me....

Ok, off to bed. It is midnight and we have basketball in the morning. Plus I think my accident pills are kicking in... Sure wish I could toss these things... I HATE medication.... I know it is what I do for a living; but it SUCKS!

Night Night.... I have to have my DD and DS say hi on the other thread tomorrow. Night.

We also received our cruise docs. It is so exciting to know that it's so close!!! We did book several excursions(Butterfly and aquiarium at Key West, Atlantis submarine at Grand Cayman, Fury Catamaran at Cozumel, and maybe watercraft at CC) Please tell me that we won't regret this :rolleyes:

Glad to see that some other people will be on the catamaran. It sounds like a goood time.

I'm so tired of all the snow here in snow-maha. 2 snow days last week and 2 scheduled days off = :headache: mama.

We haven't rec'd cruise docs, but we'll be strong!

We are supposed to get more snow and cold weather this week. I am SO over it!

We have had the girls up late pretty much every night this past week and things haven't been too bad, so here's hoping for a similar experience on the cruise!

http://www.4shared.com/photo/pRY-tXHn/mickeyandgoofy_copy.html

I hope you guys can see this....

Help yourself to it! I am hoping to have a few more made this weekend!

I can... and did.... see it!!!!!! Very CUTE!!!!! I have never tried to made a magnet on the computer, would not know where to begin!!

I think that it makes it much easier to find your room when you have your door decorated, as well as giving it your own personal touch to your home away from home for a week :goodvibes!

:thumbsup2 Good Job on the magnet Thanks for sharing!!!!!

We haven't rec'd cruise docs, but we'll be strong!

We are supposed to get more snow and cold weather this week. I am SO over it!

Well, we are with you on both things. We have no cruise docs. Ours probably went to our TA first, plus I am not sure the mail is back to normal here yet.

Speaking of snow, I worked at home everyday but Monday and hadn't really been anywhere except to rescue DS9 from a snow bank and I am sure that doesn't count. :lmao: However, as promised, I went out tennis shoes shopping. Boy, is there a lot of snow here. You can barely see to pull out and the shopping mall parking lots have all been plowed funny. Plus, everyone was out yesterday and traffic was awful. Now, we are getting more this morning.

Well, we are with you on both things. We have no cruise docs. Ours probably went to our TA first, plus I am not sure the mail is back to normal here yet.

Speaking of snow, I worked at home everyday but Monday and hadn't really been anywhere except to rescue DS9 from a snow bank and I am sure that doesn't count. :lmao: However, as promised, I went out tennis shoes shopping. Boy, is there a lot of snow here. You can barely see to pull out and the shopping mall parking lots have all been plowed funny. Plus, everyone was out yesterday and traffic was awful. Now, we are getting more this morning.

All of this winter weather/cold temps is for the birds! We usually have a couple of little snows/icings, and a few weeks of really cold, but Dec. and Jan were both crazy cold, now Feb is well on its way to being crazy weather/cold!

I thought we were south enough, but I'm thinking AZ/FL in the future!!!

Glad everyone is getting their cruise docs. We sure would hate to have to sail alone on that great big ship! :lmao:

I know what you mean about all the snow, Lisa. Our streets are barely wide enough for two cars with all the snow piled along the edge. We got another 2 inches yesterday morning and more predicted tonight and again Tues. night/Wednesday. I'm supposed to fly out Thursday to see my daughter in Idaho and I'm getting nervous that I won't make it to the airport in KC if we get another big snow. It's a 2 1/2 hour drive from our house.

Oh Brenda, HOW DISAPPOINTING! :sad2: I know you were counting on the Roy Disney Suite. And now we can't have that big party at your place. BooHoo!

DD--I love your door sign too! That is great the way it is mostly in B&W with just a little color! I still haven't done mine. I've been working on my DD's wedding invitations. They are all assembled and the ribbons tied. Now, just to address them...

You are braver than we are flying in the day of the cruise! I'd be too worried another big snow storm would come through the day I was supposed to fly out.

cyndi-rella--Our schools let out early Monday and didn't have school the rest of the week. If we get more snow tonight, it's doubtful they'll have school again tomorrow. I really feel sorry for the parents snowbound with kids!!! :laughing: :scared1: That really makes for a long week!

Tink--Really sorry to hear that you are still needing your pain meds. Hope you feeling lots better by the cruise. Ya know, you can't mix those pain meds with Bushwackers!!!!

Baby shopping went well!!!! She bought the crib, dresser, and chest. It will be delivered the end of February. Painter is supposed to be there within the next few days to paint. And she got her gift registry set up at Target and Babies R Us. :dance3:

farah--Last time we were at Grand Cayman, we had them drop us off at Sea Grape on 7 Mile Beach after our stingray excursion. This time I'm leaning toward Royal Palm. We will do it on our own though instead of through DCL.

Enjoy the Superbowl (and the commercials)! :cheer2:

And now we can't have that big party at your place. BooHoo!

BooHOO is right!!!!
And yes... FOR SURE we would have had a BIG party.. we will still have a big party... just not in the Roy Disney Suite :thumbsup2

After all, it's not so much the location that makes the party.. it is the people at the party ;)!!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Weekend recap:

Good:
was able get shoes for the cruise :cool1:
was able to get DH shorts and khaki's for the cruise :cool1:

Not so good:
DS lost basketball game :sad2:
DD comes down with the flu :sick:
Christina Aguilera - disgracefully messes up National Anthem :mad:
Superbowl commercials - not terribly impressed :confused3

So... essentially, if it weren't for this cruise, this weekend would have totally sucked.

Less than three weeks away cannot be soon enough for me. :woohoo:

Happy Monday fellow cruisers!!!!! It's the beginning of yet another week that will bring us closer to our sail date!!!:goodvibes

We have been battling the cold/flu bug here in the ejkj house..hopefully that means we will have it out of the way for the cruise!!! We have all had the flu shoot, but I think what the girls have had is more of the respiratory crud..it has really been making it's rounds thru the school and seem to last several days..hard to get over :sad2:

Was wondering if anybody knows for sure when we can find out what movies will be showing on our cruise??? Tink..I was thinking that you posted something about it. You will have to let us know if you find anything out, I can't remember now for sure what movie it was that the girls were asking about?

Weather update for western Nebraska...snow snow and more snow, although we really haven't got hardly any, just have had SUPER cold weather and wind ..but they are calling for another front to move in this afternoon bringing snow..hopefully enough for a snow day tomorrow!!!!:thumbsup2

Hope all of those who are still waiting for cruise docs, get them Today :)

It is snowing today. YUCK! We are supposed to get some of what you guys are expecting in Nebraska on Wednesday/Thursday. It is too early to tell how much, but with the cold we have now it could easily stick around for a few days. I don't think we have had this many snows in all the years I've lived here (going on 30!).

I feel so whiny. We have had very little sun this winter. Our utility bill was crazy this month! Come on spring!!!!

I'm really glad that we have this cruise to look forward to, so I'm thinking we just need to keep one going so that we have one to look forward to during the dreary days!!!!

Well, have just emerged from a pile of work that had a 31st Jan deadline so can now get on with planning our holiday some more - we actually leave home 2 weeks on Thursday :banana: :banana:as we have the weekend at a holiday park in the UK first before the flight from Gatwick, then 5 days at Disney Resort at Port Orleans before the cruise. We have just booked the DCL transport to the port as it seemed the easiest. We are thinking of renting a car when we finish the cruise as we have 4 nights on International Drive before flying back to the UK.

Have been reading all the stuff about the magnets and have found some of the free stuff - they are great, so am plannning to print us some out - haven't ever planned like this for a holiday before!

Also have decided I had better stop complaining about our weather having read what some of you are having. My feet got cold standing at the playpark the other day watching Kenny, but that really doesn't compare with no heat/light etc!!

Sorry to hear about all the bad weather. Looking forward to a nice sunny cruise at least. We haven't seen the sky in forever over here. And that is not the norm for CA. Finally the last two days have been sunny with a nice blue sky.

Also so sorry to hear about injuries and sickness. At least there is still time to get better. My 10 year old daughter sprained her shoulder this last week. Some older kid pushed her into a pole while running to the lunch line.:headache: But she is doing much better all ready and will be fine in another week.:banana:

My Mom last minute decided to come along on the cruise!:cool1: So they were able to book a stateroom when someone must have cancelled! So she only has three weeks to get ready :scared1:

I was reading on the boards, and someone mentioned happy hour on board. I hadn't seen that elsewhere. Any ideas as to what time? Does anyone know if all drinks are included or just drink of the day?

I was reading on the boards, and someone mentioned happy hour on board. I hadn't seen that elsewhere. Any ideas as to what time? Does anyone know if all drinks are included or just drink of the day?

I don't know if this is what they were talking about or not but on formal night they have a Captain's gala reception in the atrium lobby with free drinks both alcoholic and non. You can also get your picture taken with the Captain and meet several of the officers. It's usually about 30 minutes before each dinner seating.

So we woke up to -25 Wind Chill this morning in Snowmaha :eek:...Luckily, I was able to come to work and get on DISboards to get my fix in for our Bushwackers Cruise. :worship:

Just a quick question about footwear for dinner. Can you wear sandals to dinner? I would like to wear khakis and a polo or sweater, but have some nice slip on sandals. Can you wear them or do you need covered toes? :confused:

Thank you for all of the great information!

emmysdidi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter