March 5, 2011 - Bushwacker Wild Wild Westerners

Hello everyone!
For those effected by the blizzard..hope your staying warm and safe:sunny:

Yes..the time is finaly near..next month!!!:jumping1:

So this evening, I finally got to the boards...and lets say the people on the boards are awsome:disrocks: I saw a post that there is a change in the online registrations! I had completed our registration a few weeks ago and printed everything:surfweb: I went back to take a look at our registration and it said completed but then i read on the post, you have to click Edit/View. So i did that, and wow....there is something totally different:confused3. They have added new questions and the most different thing is that you have to PICK YOUR PORT ARRIVAL TIME:confused: I was lucky enough to get the time slot for 10:30 which is the first time that is given. And once that is all done, I had to print a new signature contract to replace the one I had printed prior.

I wanted to let you all know, just incase you had not heard. So I suppose this is to discourage everyone getting to port early and so therefor they are assigning times. Take care!

I saw a post that there is a change in the online registrations! I had completed our registration a few weeks ago and printed everything:surfweb: I went back to take a look at our registration and it said completed but then i read on the post, you have to click Edit/View. So i did that, and wow....there is something totally different:confused3. They have added new questions and the most different thing is that you have to PICK YOUR PORT ARRIVAL TIME:confused:
I wanted to let you all know, just incase you had not heard. So I suppose this is to discourage everyone getting to port early and so therefor they are assigning times. Take care!

I have not heard about this...I will have to go and check my on-line check in (which I had completed a few weeks ago) where did you read about the new check in...was it on the main boards? I will have to go look....

Thanks for letting us know :flower3:

Okay...I did find it over on the main page...and yes the on-line check in most defiantly has changed, just like Farah said...I clicked the edit/view and sure enough there is MORE forms to fill out..kinda a pain if you ask me, they need to know all you your flight info:confused3

And like Farah said, you have to print a new signature form, this one has a bar code...crazy, but none the less, I'm glad that Farah posted it, cuz I thought I had that all taken care of!!

Thanks for the info! I re-did ours last night as well. I had done it a few weeks ago, but it's all good now!

We are looking to stay in Lake Mary on Saturday after the cruise. Does anyone have a hotel suggestion? I looked at the Westin and the reviews were pretty good.

I'm working on school work as much as possible, but we have tons going on right now. Thankful we were spared the snow/ice from this week, but it doesn't look like we will be as fortunate this weekend and next week.

Stay warm, everyone!

I did the same thing last night. At first, I wasn't going to re-do my check in b/c on the main page it showed that I had completed the process, but then when people started mentioning a barcode on the new signature page, I decided to do it. The whole process only took me about 5 minutes. I am getting so excited! The girls have been getting so excited looking at the countdown calendar!

WHEW! Thanks for the on-line check in heads up and especially the port arrival time choice! We always like to get there at 10:30 ish to "start" our vacation as soon as possible. Luckily that time slot was still available. :goodvibes

Four weeks from TODAY the Story family will be somewhere on southbound I-95 on our way to sunny FLA. Can't believe it's right around the corner!!

So excited to see our old friends and meet the new ones. :banana:

Ciao for now!

Thanks farah! Just finished redoing ours!!!

Sorry, Amanda, I don't have any suggestions for hotels around Lake Mary. We always stay at WDW.

Has everyone booked their excursions? We can't decide if we want to do the Mayan Ruins and Beach Tour on Cozumel or just stay on the ship. On Grand Cayman, I think we'll just go to Royal Palms on Seven Mile Beach on our own.

:cool1::banana::yay::woohoo:

CRUISE DOCS JUST ARRIVED!!!!!! They are in a neat little spiral binder!!!! It's almost here!!!!!

Sorry, Amanda, I don't have any suggestions for hotels around Lake Mary. We always stay at WDW.

Has everyone booked their excursions? We can't decide if we want to do the Mayan Ruins and Beach Tour on Cozumel or just stay on the ship. On Grand Cayman, I think we'll just go to Royal Palms on Seven Mile Beach on our own.

I appreciate it. I'd love to stay at WDW this time, but we want to make it more convenient to visit with our friend. It has been 8 years or so since I saw him last, and we can't remember the last time Dale saw him! We'll probably do WDW after our Oct. cruise on the Dream!

I know there are several DIS families doing the Fury Catamaran & Beach in Cozumel.

:cool1::banana::yay::woohoo:

CRUISE DOCS JUST ARRIVED!!!!!! They are in a neat little spiral binder!!!! It's almost here!!!!!

I am so jealous too! I don't know if we even got mail today. A lot of things were still closed.

Hello everyone!
For those effected by the blizzard..hope your staying warm and safe:sunny:

Yes..the time is finaly near..next month!!!:jumping1:

So this evening, I finally got to the boards...and lets say the people on the boards are awsome:disrocks: I saw a post that there is a change in the online registrations! I had completed our registration a few weeks ago and printed everything:surfweb: I went back to take a look at our registration and it said completed but then i read on the post, you have to click Edit/View. So i did that, and wow....there is something totally different:confused3. They have added new questions and the most different thing is that you have to PICK YOUR PORT ARRIVAL TIME:confused: I was lucky enough to get the time slot for 10:30 which is the first time that is given. And once that is all done, I had to print a new signature contract to replace the one I had printed prior.

Thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup2 I went to re- fill them out today since I had already done most of it. Had a real dilemma when it came to the port arrival time since we are taking DCL transportation. I called my TA she said we should be able to bypass that section. It won't let you, so I had to call DCL IT. Who told me to make a best guess. Hope my guess was good. The 10:30 am slot is all gone by the way for those who are driving.

Thanks everyone for the heads up about registration...went and did it last night:thumbsup2. We love an early arrival so glad we got it done with this new stuff!:worship: Excursion wise we are doing Xcaret in Cozumel and Native Ways Sting Rays and Tour in GC! Super excited. Key West we are just going to venture out and wander:confused3. I am just so ready to get away! Less then a month and we will be at the WOrld then on to to boat!!! Hope everyone is thawing out after the storm. DOors are open letting in the humid fresh air here:rotfl:

@Donna - so jealous you got your cruise docs! Ours will probably go to our TA, who is on her way home from her cruise on the Dream! So I'm so jealous of her too, come to think of it... :upsidedow

@Farah - thanks again for the check in heads up. Appreciate it so we could still get the early check in slot. I wonder if they will actually enforce that... I mean, if you have a 12:30 check in time, and you get there at 11:30, will they not let you in??? That seems very un-Disney to me. :confused3

As for excursions - we are going to play it by ear... Mark doesn't like too much planning - since we're on vacation, he doesn't want to be committed to something. I'm sure we'll just hit a beach in Cozumel and Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman - we loved Seven Mile Beach when we went on our first cruise! Hope it's as nice when we return...:woohoo:

Ciao for now... Johnna

It WAS a nice surprise to get the cruise docs today especially since our mailman hadn't been able to deliver our mail since Monday. :goodvibes

Lisa--Since we are taking the DCL bus from BC, I thought it was silly we needed to choose a time. I mean they should know what time our bus would get there. :confused3 Anyway, I chose 12:30 - 1:00, I think.

Johnna--I think Mark has the right idea. Don't do much planning, just relax!!!!:beach:

You are all so welcome!:) Glad to help.
As for excursions (since its our 1st time) we are taking it easy.
1-Key West, we are doing the trolley tour on our own. Got the tickets online and they had a deal where kids ride free :)
2-Cozumel-Paradise beach. Anyone been there before?
3-7 mile beach. For those who have been there before, any suggestions as to which hotel we should get dropped off at?:confused3

So today at dinner, my sweet husband:lovestruc who has left everything to me, actually asked a question about the cruise :rotfl: He actually wanted to know all about the check in process and yes I saw a smile his face :goodvibes
And my answer to him...gosh hunny you really are asking me a question :rotfl2:

WOW...I cant beleive how many of you are staying the night before or the night after at a resort. We are actually flying in the morning of (Hummer Limo is picking us up at 4a) and by 9:20a we should touch down in Sunny FLORIDA! I went on last night a got the 12-12:30 port arrival...which is good, because that way we dont have to rush and I dont have to panick if the flight is slightly delayed:scared1:

We too have had so much snow, & ice I am ready for alittle sunshine!

As for excursions - we only scheduled 1...it is in Cozumel and it is learning to cook with REAL Mexicans. It is open bar and food for like 3 hours and was only 85 a person!:banana: Other then that I think there will be alot of RELAXING!

Hope everyone is thawing out after the storm. DOors are open letting in the humid fresh air here:rotfl:

Well, it is still very cold so no melting of snow yet. However, we were laughing that the snow has "shrunk". I can at least see into the cul de sac now over the pile in front of door. Wish I could open my windows. That is one of my favorite things about a verandah. Sometimes we just open the door and enjoy the Caribbean air.

Lisa--Since we are taking the DCL bus from BC, I thought it was silly we needed to choose a time. I mean they should know what time our bus would get there. :confused3 Anyway, I chose 12:30 - 1:00, I think.
That is so funny - that is the time the DCL help lady told me to put in as a good guess. :rotfl:

Well, off to buy tennis shoes for the kids this weekend. DS9 shoes look like they have been in a mud hole, even though its winter. I am sure you will all hear me say a hundred times to him. Please, tie your shoes.

I am sure you will all hear me say a hundred times to him. Please, tie your shoes.

While you're at it, can you please say it to my son too? :rotfl:

Sometimes, I feel like I should just have a sign and hold it up so I can save my breath and voice.:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter