March 5, 2011 - Bushwacker Wild Wild Westerners

I actually do ours on either photo paper or regular paper and laminate them. But laminating is really optional I think.

Then use the adhesive magnet strips - this way is so much cheaper than the magnetic paper I think. And ours have always stayed up. :yay:

I'm thinking of going a little more elaborate this year, but not sure if I have time (or talent!) to be that creative... we'll see...:rolleyes1

Happy Sunday everyone!!!

Happy Sunday to you too!!:goodvibes
I have decided to just print them my self, or at least most of them...and on regular paper. Now I am just having problems with the sizing...I can't get them to where I want them. Have to print 8x10 size or larger for the mickey ears pictures to all fit....Now I am going to go through to much ink!!! eek:scared1:

I usually print my door magnets on magnetic paper. They look nice and stay nice. I really don't think you would need to laminate them.

However, this year, I think I will just print them on photo paper, laminate them and use magnet tape as I have all of that on hand. Last cruise, I had a hard time finding the magnet paper.

Oh, I found it!! Office Max has it on hand here...BUT it's like $15 for 6 sheets!:eek: I think that's crazy! I think I willl just use the regular paper or photo paper, and laminate them! I have magnetic strips on hand as well! May as well save the money and use for treats on the cruise!;) Now I am going to have to buy more ink!:crazy2:

May as well save the money and use for treats on the cruise!;) Now I am going to have to buy more ink!:crazy2:

:banana::banana:
I second that!!

I've spent the last hour+ cruising the magnets/graphics boards. There is SO MUCH free stuff on there... I'm hoping I can personalize it. I don't feel comfortable asking someone else to do that for me. I know those "DISigners" love doing it... but some people get so greedy and ask for so much. I don't want to be one of them!

I know just enough photoshop to be dangerous...as long as I can have a basic template of something, I can personalize it. We'll see what I come up with....

Ciao for now...J :yay:

Hey folks! Been MIA since the power went out on Wednesday evening. So Thursday we checked into a hotel for heat and electricity. And internet of course!!! The power came on around dinner time last night but we were already at the hotel and swimming so we stayed until this morning and finally returned home this morning. Even though it was only two nights... it is so disruptive! We put the meat and other stuff from the fridge into coolers outside before we left, and most stayed frozen, but some defrosted so we're cooking that... and still need to clean out the other stuff that defrosted and refroze, and all the stuff in the fridge... what a headache!:headache::headache:

But... for now, I'm on my butt watching cake shows on TLC and just chilling out. Maybe that stuff will get done tomorrow. :rotfl:

Ciao for now!!!
Johnna

Spoke to someone from your area on Friday morning. They were commuting from Union Station towards VA. Took him 2 hrs to go 3 miles. He turned around and ended up at a hotel instead. I didn't realize folks had lost their power too.

Well, they canceled the Winter Storm Watch here. Turned it into a Blizzard Watch. :scared1: You think when they cancel the watch you aren't going to end up with something worse. Plus, I think I jinxed us because I was teasing my sister in Memphis that they had more snow days than we had in Chicago.

As for the magnets, I am with the folks that "borrow" (with permission) the developed graphics. It is usually very easy to use. I use the ink jet magnet sheets but am going to try the laminating approach.

See I am the computer upside down person. I do not know how to even "borrow" art and personalize it. I am actually so "image disabled" that I have a hard time posting pictures or attaching them to an email. Just crazy. Before each cruise, I usually hit up someone on the boards and have them make my magnetics for me and I in turn make a pillowcase for them. We call it a wash and both get a little Pixie Dust. I think I still have mine from a little bit ago. I do not know if the dates are on them though. I will have to pull those out and see.

I am sooo tired of the snow here. I feel bad for all of our East Coast buddies that have been getting slammed as well. At least here we are use to it and there it sends the city :upsidedow. My relatives in Baltimore think the world is coming to an end. I feel really bad. I just told DH today, after all of this snow, we deserve a vacation.

I am going to try to head back to work this week. Still can not lift my left arm above my head, but oh well..... Just hope I am 100% by the cruise... After all, we have to party it up for my BIRTHDAY! :woohoo::woohoo: I have to start to make the dead guys on green paper though, for my Bushwacker money. I know my DH will say that as we just saw our Christmas tab.:scared1:

Thanks for the resort advice. I did go ahead and book Pop.... Sounds like it will work.

So have my LA cruisemates start to get our beads ready? My family just realized that we will be on the ship this year for Fat Tuesday & Ash Wednesday... See you can tell I am the one that plans heh?

ALL- Are you guys dressing for pirate night? We may pass this year. I guess I should ask the kids before deciding heh?

My MN cruisemates.... When are you guys leaving and which airline? We are going out of HHH this time, so maybe it will be less stressful. When we do the bag express through ship check, we have to use Delta, but since we are hanging around an extra night, we have decided to go with the smaller terminal.

Bamfield- Did I tell you I was from your neck of the woods? Born and raised... I think I did a loooong time ago but it may have been forgotton.

I am sooo tired of the snow here. I feel bad for all of our East Coast buddies that have been getting slammed as well. At least here we are use to it and there it sends the city :upsidedow. My relatives in Baltimore think the world is coming to an end. I feel really bad. I just told DH today, after all of this snow, we deserve a vacation.

I am going to try to head back to work this week. Still can not lift my left arm above my head, but oh well..... Just hope I am 100% by the cruise... After all, we have to party it up for my BIRTHDAY! :woohoo::woohoo: I have to start to make the dead guys on green paper though, for my Bushwacker money. I know my DH will say that as we just saw our Christmas tab.:scared1:

ALL- Are you guys dressing for pirate night? We may pass this year. I guess I should ask the kids before deciding heh?

My MN cruisemates.... When are you guys leaving and which airline? We are going out of HHH this time, so maybe it will be less stressful. When we do the bag express through ship check, we have to use Delta, but since we are hanging around an extra night, we have decided to go with the smaller terminal.

Hey Tinker...Glad to hear that you are doing a little better, How's the rest of the family? I'll keep praying that you get to be yourself again before the cruise!!

Yes, I am tired of all the snow too! The COLD is even worse!:cold: I am ready for spring...I too feel bad for the East coast! I spent the first 12 years of my life in Virginia Beach, and I remember what would happen when we'd get snow!;)

So you make pillowcases huh? I want to make one for Aaron for part of his B-day surprise...but was unsure where to begin! I think I found a great graphic though! Do you just print from your printer onto the iron on transfer paper or what?:rolleyes1

The only one dressing up for pirate night in our group is Aaron...if there is room for his costume. He was Captain Jack a couple of years ago, and we are going to try to bring his costume! Kayle has a pirate handkerchief hat thingy that he got on the last cruise, with Goofy ears, so we'll bring that too, but he is close to being 16, so I am not sure how COOL it will be to wear that now!:cool1:

I will PM our itinerary to you, I am too nervous about weirdos scanning the boards, to find out when people are gone and breaking in or something, all though, I have probably already said too much in other posts...oh well!:eek:

Well procrastinating bit me in the butt tonight! FInally booked our WDW and precruise hotels. Decided not to spend 650 for 2 nights at COntemp...staying 2 nights at All star Sports for 160ish. Then the Radisson got me for 180:eek::headache:. Oh well just ready to set sail! Bryanna is loving tearing days off our countdown chain..."ITS GETTING SHORTER MOMMY!" Look at it this way...its almost February and thats a short month:worship::banana:

Well procrastinating bit me in the butt tonight! FInally booked our WDW and precruise hotels. Decided not to spend 650 for 2 nights at COntemp...staying 2 nights at All star Sports for 160ish. Then the Radisson got me for 180:eek::headache:. Oh well just ready to set sail! Bryanna is loving tearing days off our countdown chain..."ITS GETTING SHORTER MOMMY!" Look at it this way...its almost February and thats a short month:worship::banana:

We'll be AS-Sports before the cruise!!:cool1:

Bryanna is loving tearing days off our countdown chain..."ITS GETTING SHORTER MOMMY!"

Arianna said the same thing tonight when we tore one off!

Tinker, we are not dressing up, but I did put a little something together for the girls. I can't wait to see them in their outfits! I'm going to have to talk to you about Bloomington! My sister and I are looking to do a girls weekend for the two of us and since we love shopping...

If we get snow this week it may be a record. We have had measureable snow each of the past three weeks and that almost never happens in the midsouth!!!

TINK I'm sorry to hear that you are still not back to your old self. What a bummer! :sad2: But we will DEFINITELY be ready to celebrate your birthday, and being alive, and being on a cruise, and being in warm weather, and...well, I guess you realize by now that I'm READY AND WILLING to celebrate anything as long as it involves RUM! :banana::cool1::yay::woohoo: I even bought a shirt at the WDW Marathon Expo that says "I thought they said "rum"! :laughing:

LISAI sure hope your weather forecast is wrong as long as the blizzard warning doesn't move to the southand west since we are between KC and St. Louis.

As far as PIRATE'S NIGHT, I really didn't want to dress up but when I asked Russell, he said he wanted to. I'm not sure yet what we'll do.:confused3

I think it's SO CUTEhow excited all the kids are! "It's getting shorter, Mommy!" Thanks for sharing!:love:

Hey guys... I'm just trying to match up the kids user names to the parent user names. If you can post on here who belongs to you, I'll add that to the spreadsheet.

Specifically - I'm trying to figure out who "mywayrnot" belongs to....

mywayrnot claims to be the parent of soon-to-be-user "disneyfreak303"... so I'm trying to figure out who mywayrnot is since he doesn't have any posts on our thread. Maybe he's the husband of one of you usual posters???

Anyway... just trying to do my parental due diligence here....;)

Thanks for all the help...:yay:
Johnna

Hey, does anyone know how full our cruise is?

I know that we were part of the kids free program, so I was just curious if anyone knew how full the ship is.

My parents were looking to book last week & we could not find any rooms available except the suites.

Disneyfreak303 is mine. Its our 3rd cruise and our 2nd Disney, but first 7 day. I don't post much, if fact I'm not sure I am now. And these three lines took me 20 min. I have faxed his sheet off twice for Disneyfreak303 to get on line but no luck yet. mywayrknot (steve) DH

Disneyfreak303 is mine. Its our 3rd cruise and our 2nd Disney, but first 7 day. I don't post much, if fact I'm not sure I am now. And these three lines took me 20 min. I have faxed his sheet off twice for Disneyfreak303 to get on line but no luck yet. mywayrknot (steve) DH

Well, you just made me feel better. I also have faxed the form 3 times and DS still doesn't have an active account. He has been posting as Bamfield, not much recently. Too much homework. :teacher:

As for the "blizzard" it looks like it is supposed to affect 1/2 the country. I was reading on the main board about folks that are possibly not going to be able to fly in for the Feb. 3rd Dream cruise. Boy, I hope we don't have weather issues for our trip. I hope everyone stays safe!

Sounds like the kids are starting to get excited. How fun.

Our winter storm warning just got upgraded to blizzard warning in Central MO. The first blizzard warning EVER issued in Missouri! You didn't do a very good job of keeping the blizzard your way, Lisa! LOL!

Everyone say a prayer for all the people that MUST go out to work in this nasty weather--law enforcement, firefighters, highway workers, farmers, doctors, nurses, etc.

Stay safe and keep dreaming of our cruise!!!!!

Sorry that some of you might have to deal with this storm. My dad in southern Oklahoma is under a blizzard warning...for real!!! I've never seen one there. Tornado warnings all the time, but not so much for blizzard conditions. It will be missing us here, just rain this time. I'm not sad about that. I do worry about dad. Last winter he was without power for about a week and was blocked in by a tree falling across his road. He has a generator and uses it as necessary. We do check in daily during those times, though. I'm his only child, so being hours away is stressful at times!

Steve - thanks for letting us know.

Well, you just made me feel better. I also have faxed the form 3 times and DS still doesn't have an active account.

You guys should attach it to an email and send it to support@wdwinfo.com. That's what finally got Ryan's approved.

As for the weather... I'm not talking about it. Because if I don't talk about it, it won't happen. Right?

Hope that helps!
Johnna

Woke up to -14 with -41 wind chill here in western Nebraska....
Thinking that the ejkj family is MOST definitely ready for some sunny Caribbean weather :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter