March 4th 2017 Disney Fantasy

Just booked today. A friend and I are taking our kids. Both will be 7. First time cruising for all of us.
We're on deck 9 and are also interested in participating in the fish extenders if it happens!

Would love to sign up for the Fish Extender for this cruise if it happens

We're on deck 9 and are also interested in participating in the fish extenders if it happens!

Well, it's a little early for setting up a Fish Extender group. Typically 6-8 months out is a good time to get it going. When the time comes, for anyone interested in how to set a group up, I've put together a little info about that:
SETTING UP A FE GROUP
It appears there are a number of you who are interested in a Fish Extender group. There isn’t one currently set up here on DISboards. Here’s a little write up on how FE groups are set up:

There really are no “rules” as to how a FE program runs. Basically someone will step up and say “I’ll maintain the list”. This means they maintain the list of those who wish to participate. The group can decide on what information is necessary to produce FE gifts. A basic list may only have DISname/room number/number of people in the room. A more involved list could be first & last names/ages/room number/ favorite character/ favorite color/allergies/whatever is deemed necessary to know in order to create the gifts. Also a decision can be made as to size of FE group. Some groups break out the list(s) at 10-15 rooms max, so that there are multiple lists (and some people will participate in more than one list). Other groups just make one big list (upwards of 20-30 rooms).

The easiest, most private way to handle the information necessary to prepare the list (many people prefer not to put sensitive information on a public forum), is to use the “Conversation” feature here. There needs to be at least two people to start a conversation. Only the starter of the conversation (usually the organizer) can add additional people into the conversation (as long as they do NOT select “Allow anyone in the conversation to invite others” at the bottom of the reply window). Then when new people express a desire to join, usually by just saying “we want to join the FE”, the organizer can add them by clicking on the “Invite more” button in the “Conversation Participants” window (lower right of conversation page). Only those people participating in the conversation can see what’s posted there, and respond there. I will also note, to participate in conversations, everyone needs to have at least 10 posts. For those who wish to use this option for private conversations that don’t have 10 posts yet, head over to the Test Board to post and up your post count. http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/

Up to 20 people can participate in any given conversation.

At some point the list will “close”. Typically this happens 30-45 days out from the cruise, so that everyone participating has time to organize/prepare their gifts. Shortly before this time (about 2-3 weeks prior) the organizer will post the list, either directly on the Cruise Meet thread, OR via private conversation, or, possibly, via e-mails. This is to confirm everyone on the list is still participating. It’s important to make a statement about “anyone not confirming by XX date will be dropped” at this time. A little harsh, yes, but often there are people who will post on the cruise meet thread as soon as they reserve the cruise and say “I want to participate”, and are never heard from again.

Once the list closes, the organizer will post the final list. Also, a decision must be made as to whether to allow late additions. Sometimes there is a “pixie dust” list. That is, basically, a latecomers list that gets posted about a week out from the cruise that others may or may not add to their “final” list. Be sure the “pixie dust” list participants realize they may or may not get gifts from others, but are expected to provide gifts for the other FE participants anyway.

The other “biggie” is no other social media sites are allowed to be linked or search directions posted as to how to find that other site here on DISboards. Please read this: http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

Until someone steps up and says "I'll maintain the list", you can use this thread to talk about all sorts of other subject related to your cruise.

Hello everyone! I am glad to see our thread is picking up ! This is my 4th Disney cruise and I have organized the FE on my last two cruises! I will be happy to start a FE for this one as well. So for now just post if ur interested and I will keep track. I have never used the conversation option so I will have to take a look at that.

Hello everyone! I am glad to see our thread is picking up ! This is my 4th Disney cruise and I have organized the FE on my last two cruises! I will be happy to start a FE for this one as well. So for now just post if ur interested and I will keep track. I have never used the conversation option so I will have to take a look at that.

Yay I'm glad someone wants to organize this - my family definitely wants to participate!!! This will be our first Disney cruise. :)

Hi All! This is my family's 1st cruise ever (on any cruise line). Super excited! I've been reading about the fish extenders and would love our family to be involved.

Woo Hoo . . . . long time lurker, first time poster!

Just booked our cruise . . . . we are in the "mini'suite" on deck 5 (cat 8a).

Would love to sign up for the Fish Extender for this cruise if it happens :)!
Hi neighbor! We got our "mini suite" on 5 too. 5018. You?

Hey everyone. We are booked. Myself and daughters second disney druise, wifes 4th. We just got off the westbound panama canal cruise on the wonder. Looking forward to it.

Im in for FE. Lmk whos running the lists

Hey everyone. We are booked. Myself and daughters second disney druise, wifes 4th. We just got off the westbound panama canal cruise on the wonder. Looking forward to it.

Im in for FE. Lmk whos running the lists
Welcome!! how was the PC cruise? I intend to do it in 2018. And was there any discussion about what the refurb of the wonder will look like?

The pc cruise was great. We had a lotnof fun and so did my 19mo daughter. I would suggest if you have small children, so eastbound vs westbound. While the WB may be 3 hrs longer due to the time change, the flight back and jet lag may habe a longer adjustment period in them vs if you adjusted to the time change over the course of the two weeka.

Refurbs, much of what the magic got is the word on the ship.

Hi neighbor! We got our "mini suite" on 5 too. 5018. You?

This my first time cruising and I'm so excited that it's going to be on DCL! Travelling with me is my DH (who has cruised before), DS 6 and DS 15 months. I was a little nervous to book a cruise, being as my DS15months is so young, but just decided to go for it!

I would love to join a fish extender group!

And we are also in a "mini suite", my reservation says 5018. Did you happen to switch rooms?

Hi All :wave:
we have just booked this cruise.There will be my husband Gaetano (Italian) and Myself English.We live in Wales.
We have just retired and have been married 43 years .
This will be our 3rd Disney cruise magic and fantasy once before .solooking forward to it although not to sure about star wars but love to dress up. does this mean no pirate night ?
Love doing Fish Extenders
look forward to meeting every one :woohoo:

Hi All :wave:
we have just booked this cruise.There will be my husband Gaetano (Italian) and Myself English.We live in Wales.
We have just retired and have been married 43 years .
This will be our 3rd Disney cruise magic and fantasy once before .solooking forward to it although not to sure about star wars but love to dress up. does this mean no pirate night ?
Love doing Fish Extenders
look forward to meeting every one :woohoo:
Welcome aboard! They have pirate night but the fireworks are now on Star Wars days at sea instead.

We just booked for the March 4th sailing! Totally new to the DIS Boards. We're sailing with a big crew....my family of 5 plus grandparents and my brother & sister. Age range of 5 to 71. It will be my husband's & my 4th Disney cruise, daughter's 3rd, oldest son's 2nd & everyone else's first! Countdown is on!

Oh! Also interested in FE but haven't done it before so want to make sure I can hold up my end of the bargain before I officially commit.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter