March 4-10 good week for the parks?

Mustangdi

Mouseketeer
This is the 1st time we are going in March. Will the parks be busy because of spring breaks during this week?

It seems to be the week before spring break really goes into full swing and the beginning of the Flower and Garden festival at Epcot. So it should be a good choice. (I hope so because I'll be there too.) There was a thread recently talking about this week more in depth that should give you some more info. Have fun... :)

march 3 thru march 9

It's a great week as the weather is usually glorious, and although some schools have early spring breaks over this period (my niece at Valparaiso University in Valparaiso, IN, for example, has her spring break then), the majority of spring breaks are later. My personal opinion is that it would be a great week to do. Just letting you know that you could get some spring breakers. I don't have current unofficial guide subscription (no trip this year and my subscripiton just expired), but typically the Unofficial Guide who survey schools all over the country considers spring break season to typically start around the end of your trip. We've been down for spring break (later week) the last several years.

This is 'Our Week', we've to WDW 10 times that week since 1999, most trips were 8 days, one was 11. Generally great weather, highs usually from the mid 70s to low 80s, a few times in the 60s but too few to worry about. March has the 3rd lowest rainfall of any month in Orlando. Crowds? Moderate at worst, get to your early park at RopeDrop, use FastPass and you'll do fine. We hop to WS around 1 pm every day. It is my university's Spring Break, but most schools do it later. The ESPN Weekend used to add to crowds a little, that's gone now and Flower and Garden only affects WS, and that very little. See ya there.

Bill From PA

Keeping my fingers crossed that it's a good week! We are there the 6th-13th! This is the first time we are going during this week....and it wasn't by choice, my husband's company won a trip, so we are really hoping for great weather and low-moderate crowds! Everyone around here (New Jersey) has their spring breaks later -- end of March-beg of April (except a few private schools who have it 4th-11th), so I'm hoping it's the same in most places!

See ya there!!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

The crowd calenders don't start showing extreme crowds until March 9th.

You will have crowds (according to TouringPlans) OVER a 5 but less than a 7. Not bad at all.

The crowds don't start showing up until after the 9th according to the crowd calenders.

Last year our schools had Spring Break that first week of March but this year they have moved it to the second week of March and BY THEN the crowd calenders are all gone wonky, like 9 out of 10 wonky.

SO at least at the front end of your trip you should have reasonable crowds.

Weather should be divine.

I sure hope it's a good week, because we'll be there too! There seems to be lots of us going that week. Are there any DisMeets planned?

I think it is going to be a great week from what I can tell! I still have had no trouble getting ADRS this late. Chef Mickey is the only one I cannot get.

We went March 6-13, 2010 and it was a great week since Easter was late that year-as it is this year. Many places were not on spring break yet. The parks were not as busy as our October 21-29, 2011 trip.

We will be there that week too. It is our first time at Disney, we will be there the 2nd-9th. Touring plans doesnt have it very high on the crowd watch. 1 day is a 7, thats the highest!

We are going during a busy week --- unfortuntately. But I've been to Disney so many times, I don't really mind that there will be crowds. We are going for my birthday and we were able to get a reservation for dinner at one of our favorite places to eat, just last month. Hope everyone has a GREAT trip!! Can't wait to be in sunnt Florida at the happiest place on earth!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter