March 30th, 2013 Easter Western Fantasy

What "glitch" pricing? How cool that all of you are traveling together!! Must make for a really fun time! We've done big family trips to WDW but not a cruise.

What "glitch" pricing? How cool that all of you are traveling together!! Must make for a really fun time! We've done big family trips to WDW but not a cruise.

Ah, the lovely, lovely glitch! :cloud9: I have no idea what happened but some of the cruises on opening day were lower than others. Was really strange!

Apparently when the pricing was released, somehow the wrong prices were entered for some cruises (well only 1 cruise that I know of). Disney figured it out and corrected it within about 40 mins, but some of us were able to snag the cruise at a "glitch" price!

Here's how it went down for me:
I had randomly picked a week to start checking prices the morning I was planning to switch our dummy bookings. Landed on this week and when I started looking at the prices I noticed a significant drop in pricing from what I was expecting. The kind were you are seeing cat 6's at cat 11 prices! To anyone who has booked any number of cruises with Disney before, it was worthy of a double take. After looking at it from all angles for about 5 mins trying to figure out the catch, I called Disney. No joke, the first words out of my mouth were "is this really the right price?". The person from Disney said "that's what my screen shows too and I'm not going to waste time going to ask, let's start booking!". I took the hint and made all the arrangements. I didn't really think too much of it after that. I just figured Disney must be running an unannounced special or something. About 15 mins after getting off the phone making our bookings, I thought "well maybe I should snag an extra room - just in case anyone else wants to come". I jumped back on DCL and could not believe that the room I just book jumped over $1,500 in cost for 2 adults and a toddler!!! It wasn't until later when Disney sent me confirmations that had the "new adjusted pricing" on them, that I relized something was up. I called Disney and told them that this was not the price I booked the rooms for and after looking into it, they agreed. The prices were adjusted back to what I was expecting and I got new confirmations. Later I checked in on the DIS and saw talk of Glitched pricing.

All said and done, I got 3 verandah rooms for us AND since I was transferring my dummy bookings, got 10% more off each room and the $200 on board credit! It was truely a case of the right place at the right time. Unbeleivable! This will be the 1st time most of us have sailed in a verandah room, so we are all very much looking forward to it!

We got in on the glitch pricing too! We wouldn't have booked otherwise right away and likely wouldn't be on the cruise right now because of pricing. I keep thinking we should try some other things but because of the glitch, I hate to give the cruise up!! I know it will be wonderful and really need to start some planning!! Yahoo!

:banana: YAY!! DeannaMKB!! Another Canuck!! And from Sask! Yipee! I am originally from Assiniboia!! ;) :welcome:
I have been watching the dollar dip down to .97 these last few weeks and hope it goes back up to par!!

:banana: YAY!! DeannaMKB!! Another Canuck!! And from Sask! Yipee! I am originally from Assiniboia!! ;) :welcome:
I have been watching the dollar dip down to .97 these last few weeks and hope it goes back up to par!!

Greetings neighbour! I was born in Red Deer ;) Maybe our paths will finally cross on the Fantasy!:cheer2:

I did not get the glitch price, but booked the day of release and am happy with the price I got. Though I would have been happier with glitch pricing. lol!

When I booked, I was surprised to see that Spring Break was less than Thanksgiving and June dates I checked.

Wishing a Happy Father's Day weekend to all the Dads!! :love:
We are headed out to Banff in the Rockies this afternoon!:cool1: Shopping, gondola rides and hot springs are on the agenda!! (oh yah, and overnight hotel stay too!;) :banana:)

I don't think I have posted on her yet but we will be sailing as well.
It will be myself and my daughter and son. My parents and my two brothers and their families will be on board too. The kids and I were on this sailing last Easter and we loved it! Sadly, nothing too special for Easter- the kids clubs had a couple activities and the White Rabbit was there for pictures.

We would love to join the FE but just our little family- mom, dd 7 and ds 4

We also participated in a magnet exchange that was fun as well. Not sure if anyone has any interest in that but we would love to do it again!

~Lauren

It will be myself and my daughter and son. My parents and my two brothers and their families will be on board too. The kids and I were on this sailing last Easter and we loved it! Sadly, nothing too special for Easter- the kids clubs had a couple activities and the White Rabbit was there for pictures.

We also participated in a magnet exchange that was fun as well. Not sure if anyone has any interest in that but we would love to do it again!

~Lauren

Welcome aboardpirate: What was the magnet exchange?:upsidedow

never did a magnet exchange, but i usually make magnets for our own door. an exchange sounds like fun! :)

~Lauren

What a disappointment...:sad2: nothing special for Easter. I was looking forward to seeing what they came up with. Magnet exchange sounds great... of course, my daughter (tink113) usually does all of ours :rolleyes1 so maybe I should wait and let her weigh in!

~Carole

Alrighty then...I have updated the first post in this thread with the people who have contacted me by PM to be in the FE. Anyone who is interested in participating, please PM me with any of the following you wish to, the starred items are kinda necessary though:

Family Name
Cabin # *
Who is in your party *
Ages
Likes/Dislikes
Any important information such as allergies.

No information beyond DIS name and generic descriptions of who is in a party will be publicly posted. All other information will only be distributed to confirmed participants by me in a spreadsheet.

I think that's it. I'll update the first post as folks contact me.

I'm also open to ideas for a group name or if there is a creative person out there, a group graphic.

never did a magnet exchange, but i usually make magnets for our own door. an exchange sounds like fun! :)

We have done the FE exchange (kids love it) but I LOVE the idea of magnet exchange. I too have made several for our door but think the exchange would be so fun - kids would love to come back to the cabins and look for new additions to the door. Great idea! Let me know what the group decides - we will be in for either FE or magnet exchange.

I agree I would be interested in a Magnet exchange, but NOT an FE exchange. This will be our 3rd cruise, and we have always made magnets for the door but never did get around the the whole Fish Extender thing.
Let me know if the group goes ahead with a magnet exchange one and I am on board! :boat:

Sorry, I joined the group on Facebook and forgot to come back here. I'm on top of it now :-)

Similar to the FE exchange, everyone made their magnets and distributed them throughout the cruise. Some were very creative! Some had the name and date of the cruise- others choose characters. We made ours by backing a print out with a magnetic roll we bought at the craft store. It was cheaper than the fe gifts (one per room) but the kids were just as excited to see the new things on the door. (Plus it was helpful in finding our room!)

Apparently when the pricing was released, somehow the wrong prices were entered for some cruises (well only 1 cruise that I know of). Disney figured it out and corrected it within about 40 mins, but some of us were able to snag the cruise at a "glitch" price!

When was this pricing "released"? I booked this trip onboard back in 2011. Is there a schedule somewhere of when new pricing is released that I have missed?

Thanks,
A

andrewket said:
When was this pricing "released"? I booked this trip onboard back in 2011. Is there a schedule somewhere of when new pricing is released that I have missed?

Thanks,
A

This was opening day booking prices. Actually opening hour. The prices rose right away after about an hour.

This was opening day booking prices. Actually opening hour. The prices rose right away after about an hour.

Ok, so when pricing was released for any of the Fantasy bookings. Presumably back in 2011 before I booked onboard...

A

Ok, so when pricing was released for any of the Fantasy bookings. Presumably back in 2011 before I booked onboard...

A

Hi there... We (my family of 11) live in Arlington, McLean and Falls Church... I grew up in Fairfax and went to James Madison HS... Good to see someone on here who lives so close!

We were lucky enough to get in on the "glitch" pricing because my youngest grandson was fussy in the middle of the night and DD Amanda was up with him and fortunately jumped online at the very hour it was posted. She tells me it was Oct 2011... and truly was only posted for about an hour. She went back later to add another cabin and prices had jumped.

~Carole

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter