March 30, 2012 - Disney Magic Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't find the FB page either.

I also can't get into the website yet -- says my account is pending. I've confirmed through my e-mail account. Does it take a while?

Sorry, messed up on my earlier post... DD will be 14 when we cruise. Maybe I just don't want her to grow up?!?

We have to fly down the day of the cruise because of school schedules. They are going to miss one day as it is. I wasn't going to book the MV on the Fantasy. Too many problems/drama on MV for me.

Anyone else planning to do excursions on their own? I am thinking that I will.

UMTerp

My ds will be 14 when we cruise also- I know what you mean about not wanting them to grow up- I can't believe he is starting high school this year.

I see you are from Virginia- we live in the central part of the state (Charlottesville) and I am originally from Clifton (in Northern Virginia)- what part of Virginia are you in?

My ds will be 14 when we cruise also- I know what you mean about not wanting them to grow up- I can't believe he is starting high school this year.

I see you are from Virginia- we live in the central part of the state (Charlottesville) and I am originally from Clifton (in Northern Virginia)- what part of Virginia are you in?

Hi JWBmom-

Luckily, my DD will still be in middle school this year. We are in Fairfax, VA.

UMTerp

I booked our first excursion this week! :woohoo: On GC we are going to do the Rays, Reef, and Rum Point excursion through Native Way Water Sports. We've never been to GC before so of course we need to see the stingrays and I fell in love with Rum Point beach the first time I saw pictures in someone's trip report. Native Way gets good reviews over on Cruise Critic so I'm not worried about going off on our own.

Now if I could only decide between a lazy beach day at Nachi Cocum in Cozumel and fulfilling a lifelong wish to see Mayan ruins with a long trip out to the Tulum ruins............ but it's a good day when those are the toughest decisions you face!

How do you get to book so early. I can't book till December?

I booked through a private tour company, not DCL. :) Private companies are usually much cheaper and you will generally have smaller groups. But there's always a slight risk in booking outside DCL. If you are on a DCL excursion and there are any problems getting back to the ship (traffic, weather, etc) then the ship will wait for you; if you are on an independent excursion there's no such guarantee. That said, we almost always book non-ship-sponsored excursions and have never had any problems. (knock on wood :goodvibes )

Hello everyone!

I am late to post on this thread. When I booked the cruise there was no thread for a while and I didn't want to be the one to start one ;)

Me, DH, DS (17 when we cruise), and DD(14 when we cruise) will be on this cruise. This will be our 7th DCL cruise all on the Magic. We've gone to the Panama Canal and the Med on the Magic in the past. We love this ship!

Can't wait to get to know everyone!

UMTerp

P.S., I'll go check out the website and FB page now.

The website and FB should be up and running! I approved everyone on the website yesterday, but I haven't looked at FB for awhile..... things are crazy here, school starts next week and I am PTO president this year (more like psycho!!!!! what was I thinking????) so I've been running like crazy!

WooHoo, just purchased one way flights from Detroit to Orlando for $113 pp on Delta. The flight home was too expensive so I'll have to watch for that to come down. But the flight there is the most important anyway. Who cares if we can't get home! Flying in the 29th at noon. Not sure where we will be staying one night yet, probably Radisson at Port. :woohoo:

We did the Radisson last time - great hotel with great service!!!!

Anyone know what happened to the facebook group?
I go on fb every few days and it was there this weekend, but now it is gone:confused3

I'll check the FB group in a couple of minutes.....

I couldn't find the FB page either.

I also can't get into the website yet -- says my account is pending. I've confirmed through my e-mail account. Does it take a while?

Sorry, messed up on my earlier post... DD will be 14 when we cruise. Maybe I just don't want her to grow up?!?

We have to fly down the day of the cruise because of school schedules. They are going to miss one day as it is. I wasn't going to book the MV on the Fantasy. Too many problems/drama on MV for me.

Anyone else planning to do excursions on their own? I am thinking that I will.

UMTerp

We do our own excursions too. Mr Sanchos in Cozumel, a private charter in GC and nothing in Key West except Sloppy Joe's and the Southernmost point...... And Castaway Cay we will do when we get there. Last time we booked the snorkel gear, floats, and bikes, and only got to use the snorkel gear for about 30 minutes, and then the rest of the day it rained......

A FB page and our own website. I couldn't find the FB page. But just registered at the website, it says my membership is pending.

On the website, are the online checkin dates right? This is our first cruise and I have January 15th as the day we can book our excursions.

It's been a while since I have visited this thread.

Kelly

Hi all! If/When we book, this will be the cruise we are on. We are trying to decide which room right now. I've read the thread and you all seem to have some good experience/advice ;) I posted on the main board, but thought I'd ask here too:
We are taking our first Disney cruise hopefully over Spring Break (march 30 - magic 7 day western carrib). Both DH and I have been on cruises before, but this will be our first DCL. We have 2 young children (DD 5 and DS 3). My DH wants a Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah OR a Concierge 1-Bedroom Suite with Verandah. Both these rooms are expensive. For almost the same cost as the Del Family OV w/ Ver. and less than the Concierge 1-B Suite w/ Ver we could get 2 connecting rooms in the Category 5 (5C or 5B likely). So my question...do you think this is a better option...having 2 rooms. Can we guarantee Connecting ? Our kids are so young that we MUST have Connecting or it won't work.
Is there a way we can definitely lock them INSIDE their own room (where they couldn't open the door or the verrandah and only have the adjoining door to our room open? It might sound frivoulous, but we like our space, 2 bathrooms, they sleep in their own bedrooms fine all night at home (but could totally change if their surroundings change).

I'm also worried that it will totally backfire and we will all be in one room the whole time anyways. Thanks for any/all opinions and advice.

Can't wait to join in the FE exchange and meet ups with you guys!

Hi all! If/When we book, this will be the cruise we are on. We are trying to decide which room right now. I've read the thread and you all seem to have some good experience/advice ;) I posted on the main board, but thought I'd ask here too:
We are taking our first Disney cruise hopefully over Spring Break (march 30 - magic 7 day western carrib). Both DH and I have been on cruises before, but this will be our first DCL. We have 2 young children (DD 5 and DS 3). My DH wants a Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah OR a Concierge 1-Bedroom Suite with Verandah. Both these rooms are expensive. For almost the same cost as the Del Family OV w/ Ver. and less than the Concierge 1-B Suite w/ Ver we could get 2 connecting rooms in the Category 5 (5C or 5B likely). So my question...do you think this is a better option...having 2 rooms. Can we guarantee Connecting ? Our kids are so young that we MUST have Connecting or it won't work.
Is there a way we can definitely lock them INSIDE their own room (where they couldn't open the door or the verrandah and only have the adjoining door to our room open? It might sound frivoulous, but we like our space, 2 bathrooms, they sleep in their own bedrooms fine all night at home (but could totally change if their surroundings change).

I'm also worried that it will totally backfire and we will all be in one room the whole time anyways. Thanks for any/all opinions and advice.

Can't wait to join in the FE exchange and meet ups with you guys!

I don't think you could lock them in, they could easily open the door to the hallway OR the balcony and you would never know. I think most people that do connecting rooms with small children have one adult in each room.

A FB page and our own website. I couldn't find the FB page. But just registered at the website, it says my membership is pending.

On the website, are the online checkin dates right? This is our first cruise and I have January 15th as the day we can book our excursions.

It's been a while since I have visited this thread.

Kelly

Well let me check again on the FB page..... I can't remember how I listed it! lol

Double check the checkin dates - I went with 75 days, 90 days, etc and used an online date calculator.... I know 90 is correct because I verified that one with DCL....... ;)

Double check the checkin dates - I went with 75 days, 90 days, etc and used an online date calculator.... I know 90 is correct because I verified that one with DCL....... ;)

Only b/c I have marked on my calendar as Jan 15 as the day we can make our excursions and being a new timer was wondering if I could make them at midnight and thinking that's would be great because the 15th is a Sunday and I won't have to go to work that day. The 14th would work too, It's a Saturday :-)

I logged into my Disney reservation and it has the 15th. So wondering why are dates were different, I wondered if 2012 is leap year and it is. So I am wondering if the calculator you used took that into consideration...

Somebody posted a thread about cruise names on the main board and it reminded me - we need a cruise name! Just something fun we can call the group/cruise and maybe use to come up with a cruise logo. You can check out the titles of some of the other cruise meet threads for ideas. I'm not creative at all so I will be of no help whatsoever. :laughing:

Kara, wasn't the original title of your meet thread something about "our magic will beat your fantasy" ? I thought that was cute. Anyone else have any thoughts or ideas?

Hi JWBmom-

Luckily, my DD will still be in middle school this year. We are in Fairfax, VA.

UMTerp

What a small world! I, too, am from Northern Virginia - grew up in Burke! Went to George Mason and my son was born in Fairfax Hospital. Right now we are living outside of Annapolis as my job moved to Landover so it is an easier commute!:)

Just Chimming in on the small world. We also live in the DC area. (Calvert County, MD). We are about 40 minutes south of Annapolis. I grew up here, but we lived in Alexandria for a few years after college. Both are kids were born at Fairfax Hopital. I'm working in Crystal City. I would love a shorter commute.

HI all! We just switched reservations to the this cruise today. We were supposed to be on the Fantasy in June but it conflicted with kids' things (silly kids and their schedules :) )

This will be our second cruise (not so scary halloween was out first). That was fun but hard to make up lost school work.

Anyway, it will be me (Kate), Hubby Rex, DD Addie (13(almost 14 at that point) and DS Stephen (12). We are so excited to cruise over spring break. We are in fairfax county, VA also. The kids will be so excited to know there are others from VA. They cannot wait to get in touch with kids sailing and start planning time away from us. Cannot wait to meet folks. Off to look for airplane and hotel ressies.

oh one more thing - We would love to be involved in FE this time.
Kate

Somebody posted a thread about cruise names on the main board and it reminded me - we need a cruise name! Just something fun we can call the group/cruise and maybe use to come up with a cruise logo. You can check out the titles of some of the other cruise meet threads for ideas. I'm not creative at all so I will be of no help whatsoever. :laughing:

Kara, wasn't the original title of your meet thread something about "our magic will beat your fantasy" ? I thought that was cute. Anyone else have any thoughts or ideas?

Yes that is what I named it! Because the Fantasy sails on her maiden voyage the very next day (hoping to see her in port in PC!) and she will be in Cozumel with us!!! But when the mods merged us, they took the older thread (I think they were started the same day!) and now there is no way to change it unless we completely start a new thread. The OP is no longer on this cruise so we can't make any changes to this thread. Should we start a new one so we can make changes to the first post as we add people to the FE? :confused3

HI all! We just switched reservations to the this cruise today. We were supposed to be on the Fantasy in June but it conflicted with kids' things (silly kids and their schedules :) )

This will be our second cruise (not so scary halloween was out first). That was fun but hard to make up lost school work.

Anyway, it will be me (Kate), Hubby Rex, DD Addie (13(almost 14 at that point) and DS Stephen (12). We are so excited to cruise over spring break. We are in fairfax county, VA also. The kids will be so excited to know there are others from VA. They cannot wait to get in touch with kids sailing and start planning time away from us. Cannot wait to meet folks. Off to look for airplane and hotel ressies.

oh one more thing - We would love to be involved in FE this time.
Kate

:welcome: It's great to see the group growing!

Yes that is what I named it! Because the Fantasy sails on her maiden voyage the very next day (hoping to see her in port in PC!) and she will be in Cozumel with us!!! But when the mods merged us, they took the older thread (I think they were started the same day!) and now there is no way to change it unless we completely start a new thread. The OP is no longer on this cruise so we can't make any changes to this thread. Should we start a new one so we can make changes to the first post as we add people to the FE? :confused3

I like the idea of starting a new thread; it’s much easier to keep track of and update the roll call and FE lists and any other information if someone always keeps the first post updated. This thread isn't that big yet and we still have over 7 months to go; we could just add a link to the new thread to the end of this one and then ask the mods to close it. Of course, if you do this Kara you will absolutely have to stay on this cruise since we’ll all be depending on you to keep us organized! :goodvibes

:welcome: It's great to see the group growing!

I like the idea of starting a new thread; it’s much easier to keep track of and update the roll call and FE lists and any other information if someone always keeps the first post updated. This thread isn't that big yet and we still have over 7 months to go; we could just add a link to the new thread to the end of this one and then ask the mods to close it. Of course, if you do this Kara you will absolutely have to stay on this cruise since we’ll all be depending on you to keep us organized! :goodvibes

OK, I'll do it - I'm a glutton for punishment!!! :rotfl: And I'll PM the OP and ask her if she will edit the first post to redirect to our new one?

Then I'll come back and post here.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter