• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March? 2nd week?

sarahmae3

Mouseketeer
We're considering a trip the 2nd week into the 3rd week of March, but how busy would it be? When does it get really busy in March? Thanks.

The first two weeks were showing lower crowds on the crowd calendar. I hope so as we are going the second week. Park hours seem to indicate that also. Longer hours start on the 14th or 15th.

Thanks. Do you think the 1st week in March would be less busy than the second week, or about the same?

We went during the 2nd week in March 2001 and were able to just walk right on a lot of rides. I know we were able to walk on to a couple of Fantasyland rides in the late morning. We loved it! The only problem was that it was colder than we had expected. We ended up having to buy sweatshirts while there. Just be sure to bring an extra layer of clothing.

Crowds in March are dependent upon the Easter Holiday. Since Easter is the 2nd week in April this year, you can expect the March crowds in the first half to be lighter than usual. Additionally, I haven't heard of a lot of schools that have easter break on the 1st or 2nd week. From what I've seen and heard, most start the 3rd week or later, hence Disney's longer hours starting in the later half of the month.

Sounds good. Thanks. I will keep that all in mind. Anything has got to be better than the cold and the snow up here!

We have been the second week in both 2007/2008 as this was our spring break. A lot of southern states have early march spring breaks. The crowds were heavy but usually not until late morning/early afternoons. There seem to be a lot more older kids and large groups to me this time of year, but the mornings were still reasonable wait times and we just went back to the resort pool when the crowd got thick.

We have been the second week in both 2007/2008 as this was our spring break. A lot of southern states have early march spring breaks. The crowds were heavy but usually not until late morning/early afternoons. There seem to be a lot more older kids and large groups to me this time of year, but the mornings were still reasonable wait times and we just went back to the resort pool when the crowd got thick.

"Heavy" is a lose term and is dependent on each person and their past experiences. For people who normally go in the summer, the crowds will seem light. For people who try to in lighter times, the crowds may seem worse.

In 2008 we traveled the 11th to 15th for a conference and didn't think it was that crowded at all.

I had big concerns... I'm not a crowd person... especially around spring break. Not really a fan of the "pay 3 times more to stand in lines 3 times longer" :ssst: Not to mention that our last trip was in Sept... so I was spoiled by no crowds!

We definately needed to use fast passes and "plan" our days so to speak... but I thought it balanced out well with some of our past August trips... minus the weather. We never saw a wait time over 60mins.

On our last day, I heard some CMs talking about how "this will be the last day like this" in reference to the spring break crowds expected to come tomorrow and then after.

Timing is key in March... but we had no complaints in regards to our week and crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter