March 29th, 2014 Fantasy Cruise

After reading the Disney information, it appears that we will receive our stateroom assignment when we check in. Is this going to make it impossible to be part of the Fish Extender? We have cruised many times before, but this is our first with Disney.

After reading the Disney information, it appears that we will receive our stateroom assignment when we check in. Is this going to make it impossible to be part of the Fish Extender? We have cruised many times before, but this is our first with Disney.

I'm sure we can work it out if you want to participate. We've talked about having a meet & mingle the first day, you could update everyone there, or you can text me your room number when you check in and I can update everyone at the meetup.

You could also leave a note for everyone in your group, I think the rooms have a little slot for 'mail' in the hall. Just leave your disboard name and room number, and people can update their lists.

We can make it work one way or another, you aren't the only GTY in the group.

Good afternoon my dis friends my family and I cannot wait to cruise with you all and make new friends. This Cruise is our daughter Cady High school graduation gift, her choosing(smart girl)

Has anyone ever brought a pillow case for the characters to sign? or a matt for picture frame?

We brought pillow cases on our first cruise and they turned out great! I invested in some good fabric markers from Michaels and just bought inexpensive white pillow cases. I put the cases and a selection of markers in 2 different large Ziploc bags along with some candy. I took them to guest services early in the cruise and they had a little form to fill out. You can request things like just the main Disney characters (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, etc), just Princesses, etc, etc.

I learned about the candy thing here on Disboards. Not sure if that had anything to do with how well the pillowcases turned out, but they were great keepsakes. They were waiting for us in our stateroom the last night of the cruise.

I'm just learning about the FE's and want in!! Any chance we could join or get some guidance on how to start another group? We will have 3 staterooms. There are 6 in my family (in 2 staterooms) and we are traveling with a family of 6. We have a DD age 12, a DS age 10 and twin boys who will turn 7 ON THIS CRUISE!! Please help me figure this out! It would make it so fun for the kids!!

I'm just learning about the FE's and want in!! Any chance we could join or get some guidance on how to start another group? We will have 3 staterooms. There are 6 in my family (in 2 staterooms) and we are traveling with a family of 6. We have a DD age 12, a DS age 10 and twin boys who will turn 7 ON THIS CRUISE!! Please help me figure this out! It would make it so fun for the kids!!

Hey there! We've started a third group and you're welcome to join. Just send me your info (look back a few posts for the info I need) and I'll get you added to the list. Even though you have multiple staterooms, you may want to only hang one fish extender for everyone, so only give me the stateroom numbers where there will be a fish extender hanging. Looking forward to having you all join!

Yay!! Thank you!! There are actually 2 families between the 3 staterooms so we will do 2 FE's. Here's our info:
Name: Gallegos
Stateroom: 6682
Kids: DD age 12, DS age 10, twin DS's age 6 turning 7 on this trip (birthday is Monday, March 31)!!

I'll have to get the info for our friends regarding their stateroom number.
2nd stateroom:
Name: LeBlanc
Stateroom:
Kids: DD age 3, twin DS's ages 9

I've also been added to the Facebook group! What's the better way to stay posted - this or the FB page?

We are so excited about being able to be part of this group!!

LeBlanc
Stateroom 6650
Kids twin DS's age 10, DD age 3
I sent this info last night but didn't have their stateroom number!!

LeBlanc
Stateroom 6650
Kids twin DS's age 10, DD age 3
I sent this info last night but didn't have their stateroom number!!

Thanks! I noted this, but wanted to confirm. Previously you said each family had 6 people, but in the LeBlanc family appears to only have 3 children. Are there three adults?

You don't need to do it on the public board, you can PM me here or on Facebook, but can you provide me with names of the adults and kids? Some people like to personalize gifts with names. And just so you know, I won't post the list with names to this forum, because it's public. I'll only post it to the closed facebook group and PM/email it to people who aren't on FB.

Thanks!

I've also been added to the Facebook group! What's the better way to stay posted - this or the FB page?

As far as info about the FE groups, meet and mingles, etc: I try to post that in both places. For all sorts of other discussions, the facebook page has been far more active than here. These meet boards just aren't the same now that everyone's gone over to facebook! :-)

Paging Coleenmark!

I'm trying to get ahold of Coleen and Mark (coleenmark) regarding fish extenders. You guys joined the FE group a long time ago, but the email address I have for you was returned undeliverable. I also sent a PM via disboards, but that wasn't returned. So I want to make sure you received the list and know what group you're in.

If anyone knows this family and can pass along the message, I'd appreciate it!

Paging Coleenmark! I'm trying to get ahold of Coleen and Mark (coleenmark) regarding fish extenders. You guys joined the FE group a long time ago, but the email address I have for you was returned undeliverable. I also sent a PM via disboards, but that wasn't returned. So I want to make sure you received the list and know what group you're in. If anyone knows this family and can pass along the message, I'd appreciate it!

It is us! Our email is [

Thanks, I got it edited out of my, but it still shows up in your reply?????

thanks again!

Hi All!!

We are surprising the kids with this cruise in march. My parents are also coming!! We have 2 kids

DD is 8
&
DS is 5

We are planning everything in secrecy. We are hoping we can make it another 44 days :) see you all soon!!

O-H.
I just booked this cruise for Spring Break very unexpectedly & am super excited. We've cruised before on RCL & Princess, but first time on DCL. I'm frantically trying to do research on excursions, the whole door decor thing, etc. I would love to do the FE, but apparently cannot sign up until I've posted 10 times?? And, do I need to join a FB group too? I found this board by searching around on Cruise Critic looking for a Roll Call. This is all so confusing. Any help would be much appreciated!!
I am traveling with DH, DS (9) & DS (turning 7 on cruise!)
Pamela

The Kelly family is ready for cruise #2. We are so excited we can't stand it!!! Last year we did a 3 night on the Dream and I booked this cruise while on that one. I surprised everyone Christmas day with it. You have no idea how hard it was to keep a secret since April.

Top Tips the first timers:
1. pack light, pack your suitcase then take half of it out.
2. Parking at the port will be $120 or $140 if want preferred parking which is right next to the door.
3. You don't need a lot of cash unless you plan to use cash to settle your bill at the end
4. do the tour when you first get on board you can get half price spa treatments ( massages are great!)
5. do the 5K on Castaway Cay just to say you did 6. Take some refillable drink bottles with you for the free drinks on deck, they only provide Dixie cups
6. Don't miss the two for one happy hour daily
7. Have your bags packed and ready before dinner on the last night- they must be sitting in the hall by 10 pm unless you want to carry them off yourself.
8. When you board on day 1 go straight to lunch in the Enchanted Garden (it's buffet)
9. room service is all day everyday EXCEPT on the last morning order your coffee the night before, breakfast is in Enchanted Garden before debarkation. 10. If you are going out on excursions that don't include meals order rooms service to take with you (bring baggies you will need them)
11. bring water with you or pre-order it to be in your room on arrival
12. TIP TIP TIP these folks work hard and are always smiling, I prepay my tips so I don't have to worry about it. For this cruise servers and room attendant will be about $25 per day per person.
13. TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES!!!!
14. Pictures are expensive at Shutters, be prepared that was the most expensive part of the trip.
15. you will walk A LOT!!! be prepared.
16. Do the Fish Extenders if you have small kids they will love it, we did last year it was fun but a lot of work.
17. Decorate your door ( I think it should be a requirement) you can find great stuff on ETSY and Ebay or make your own magnets we did all of the above.
Look forward to sharing this experience with all of you.:yay:

Thanks for all these tips!! Question re #4 ... what tour? Tour of whole ship or just the spa? You had me at half-price spa treatments! Will WALL-E really bring me towels like on the commercial?
Thanks, Pamela

Hi All!!

We are surprising the kids with this cruise in march. My parents are also coming!! We have 2 kids

DD is 8
&
DS is 5

We are planning everything in secrecy. We are hoping we can make it another 44 days :) see you all soon!!

O-H.
I just booked this cruise for Spring Break very unexpectedly & am super excited. We've cruised before on RCL & Princess, but first time on DCL. I'm frantically trying to do research on excursions, the whole door decor thing, etc. I would love to do the FE, but apparently cannot sign up until I've posted 10 times?? And, do I need to join a FB group too? I found this board by searching around on Cruise Critic looking for a Roll Call. This is all so confusing. Any help would be much appreciated!!
I am traveling with DH, DS (9) & DS (turning 7 on cruise!)
Pamela

Welcome to both of you! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter