March 29th, 2014 Fantasy Cruise

Hi, New here and we've just booked this cruise for our 18th anniversary. Our 10 year old son will be joining us. I'm hoping that he'll be able to get involved with other kids and activities. Does any one else have any experience with only children on the cruise?
This is also our first cruise ever, so while we've read a lot and watched a lot of videos, we're still a bit in the dark about the whole experience.

Hi, New here and we've just booked this cruise for our 18th anniversary. Our 10 year old son will be joining us. I'm hoping that he'll be able to get involved with other kids and activities. Does any one else have any experience with only children on the cruise?
This is also our first cruise ever, so while we've read a lot and watched a lot of videos, we're still a bit in the dark about the whole experience.

Welcome! You're going to have a blast, as will your son! There will be a number of activities for him to participate in, with and/or without you guys.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. There are a number of experienced cruisers on this cruise.

Welcome! You're going to have a blast, as will your son! There will be a number of activities for him to participate in, with and/or without you guys.

Thanks,

Our main concern around our son is getting him integrated into a group. That said I'm not super concerned as he's a pretty easy going kid and seems to make friends pretty easily wherever we go.

He's actually still in the dark about the cruise, we usually go to the parks annually and he's been asking us if we can do a cruise. We set up the character call for Christmas morning to spring it on him, hope we can last that long.

Thanks,

Our main concern around our son is getting him integrated into a group. That said I'm not super concerned as he's a pretty easy going kid and seems to make friends pretty easily wherever we go.

He's actually still in the dark about the cruise, we usually go to the parks annually and he's been asking us if we can do a cruise. We set up the character call for Christmas morning to spring it on him, hope we can last that long.

That's fun! We did the same thing with our daughter last year, got Mickey to call Christmas morning. She had already done the hunt for clues around the house and figured out we were doing a cruise, but the phone call really cemented everything.

Our call was about 15 minutes late last year, I'm guessing a lot of people set up the call for Christmas morning.

Do you park at the offsite places or at the port? I'd like the convenience of parking on site, but 15 dollars a day is a lot for parking.

Do you park at the offsite places or at the port? I'd like the convenience of parking on site, but 15 dollars a day is a lot for parking.

We are flying in, so won't have a car. Many people who drive will stay at a hotel the night before that has a stay-park-cruise package, allowing you to leave your car at the hotel for a fraction of the cost of the terminal parking lot. A number of hotels in the area offer this.

Then there are private lots like these for cheaper, and they're typically good about running shuttles frequently:

http://www.parkcruise.com/

Just noticed you're in the Toledo area. We live in Cincinnati, and my wife and I both went to school at BGSU.

We'll probably drive down 77 to 95 the day before and stop in Jacksonville, then drive in that morning. I've read good things about a few of the parking places, but then I've also read stories about people waiting on shuttles and finding locked gates or full lots.

I went to UT, you ever make it back for the battle of I75?

We'll probably drive down 77 to 95 the day before and stop in Jacksonville, then drive in that morning. I've read good things about a few of the parking places, but then I've also read stories about people waiting on shuttles and finding locked gates or full lots.

I went to UT, you ever make it back for the battle of I75?

Nah... but then again I never went to that game when I was a student either. I'm a buckeye fan, and never got into going to the BG games. I did for basketball, but not football. Funny enough I was going to school when Urban Meyer took over at BG, and now he's at OSU... I just can't shake this guy... :)

I'm going to be up around UT in a couple weeks though. Don't think I've been to the campus since I was in school.

I only make it to one or two games a year, but we are just a few miles from the Glass bowl.

Is there an organized gathering or meeting of this group once on board?

Not yet, but I'm sure there will be as the sailing date gets closer. It's pretty typical to do something the first or second day.

We do have a FE (Fish Extender) group going. Check that out:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=48378890#post48378890

And also a facebook group, though the facebook group doesn't have much more activity than this board currently. Everyone is busy I guess... :)

We just got back from our first cruise, and loved it so much we booked on onboard for 2014 for a 10% discount. However, our original October 2014 date did not work, so we just switched our dates to Spring Break 2014! I was sad to be home from our long-awaited cruise, and now am excited to be looking forward to another one. The one we just took was 4 days, which just was not enough time at all, so I am looking forward to a 7 day cruise. I will be looking to see if anyone has any tips/information on the ports of call.

I loved the fish extender gift exchange, and am looking forward to doing that again.

Looking forward to meeting you all on the board and on the cruise!

We have had this cruise booked for a long time but just paid it off so it really real. It will be myself Brenda, Hubby James our daughter Cady and my Mother in law Hope. This is our fifth cruise. Our daughter will be turning18 just before we cruise and wanted this a her graduation gift, it will be her first time in the adult areas. I hoping they pair us up at dinner with an another like family.

Welcome aboard Brenda and family! My ds Zach will be 18 when we sail and is looking forward to finally getting to try the adult areas as well.

Successfully booked everything we wanted last night/this morning! - including the earliest possible boarding time!!!!

Does anyone know the dinning rotations for this cruise? Thanks for the help. C Ya All real soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter