March 27, 2012 *SPRING FLING DOUBLE DIPPIN DREAM*

I I looked at the massages, but so expensive!

:banana:

Yes expensive, but DH and I love them so much that we have one booked early (like we are going to miss the castaway party) on day 1. We found that doing it first thing, we are SO relaxed for the rest of the cruise. :thumbsup2 Hopefully our Chicago friends will be okay with taking care of our DD 8, and of course we will reciprocate with them later - they have DS 6, and DD 8 coming with us.
Getting close!:goodvibes

So this is the problem I am having with a friend of mine that cruised with Disney a few years ago. She did not get the photo mats done for her kids then and wants me to get them done for her now. We have our two items per cabin already, but she insists I should haul her mats there and try anyway. Do you have any experience with trying to pursuade the staff to do more than two items per cabin for you?

I have already told her no, but she went and had custom mats cut at a framers just this week. :(

Merilee

I am SO glad I found this place, I have been trying to get info but was apparently on the wrong website because there are way more people here. Is it ok for a couple on their anniversary to be involved in the FE or is that usually reserved for kids. Also does anyone know on the 5 night cruise will we need formal dinner clothes? Thanks!

I am SO glad I found this place, I have been trying to get info but was apparently on the wrong website because there are way more people here. Is it ok for a couple on their anniversary to be involved in the FE or is that usually reserved for kids. Also does anyone know on the 5 night cruise will we need formal dinner clothes? Thanks!

:welcome: Welcome Aboard!! :boat: Anyone can participate in the FE exchange, & many of us are not traveling with kids. We're bringing our youngest, but he'll be 18 & this is his HS grad present. For the FE just post that you want to be a part of it & include your names & your cabin # in your post.

Happy Anniversary - How many years? There will be a formal night during the 5 night cruise & since it is your anniversary you may want to bring a dressy outfit. On the shorter cruises it isn't absolutely a necessity to dress up on formal night - you'll see just about everything except bathing apparel & shirtless on that evening. That said, if you are planning on dining at Palo, during the cruise, then there is a dressy dress code there.

YAY! I would love to participate in FE, could someone just direct me to instructions for the whole thing? I am Amanda and my hubby is Chris, our cabin is 9164. I am not a sewing machine kinda girl, anyone know a good place I can procure a fish extender bag thing that I have seen in pictures?
This will be our 5 year anniversary, we did a week at DisneyWorld for our honeymoon and this is our official return to Disney!
THANKS!!

YAY! I would love to participate in FE, could someone just direct me to instructions for the whole thing? I am Amanda and my hubby is Chris, our cabin is 9164. I am not a sewing machine kinda girl, anyone know a good place I can procure a fish extender bag thing that I have seen in pictures?
This will be our 5 year anniversary, we did a week at DisneyWorld for our honeymoon and this is our official return to Disney!
THANKS!!

Welcome! I have sent you a private message with a link to the FE spreadsheet. You can see our FE rules in Post 51 and the Rollcall is in Post 106.

I have read you can get Fish Extenders on ebay and esty, but I have not looked. I attempted to make my own, the first one I was thrilled with! Then I read that it was much too wide for the spot it has to hang in so I had to modify it. Now I hate it. Oh well! It is still functional. There are some that have made quite nice ones out of duck tape and cloth bags. You can find lots of ideas on the Disboards in regards to Fish Extenders.

:):):)

Merilee

Thanks I tried to reply to the PM but it wouldn't let me. Is there a close date to the list in order to give us time to gather gifts? 55 days!!

Also I forgot to mention to you that it is our 5 year anniversary a few days before we go, and my hubby's favorite character is Stitch and I love all things Winnie the Pooh.

Thanks I tried to reply to the PM but it wouldn't let me. Is there a close date to the list in order to give us time to gather gifts? 55 days!!

You can't PM till you have 10 posts. Check out some other threads too & post there & you should have 10 posts in no time.

Also I forgot to mention to you that it is our 5 year anniversary a few days before we go, and my hubby's favorite character is Stitch and I love all things Winnie the Pooh.

No problem, I updated the spreadsheet for you.

Merilee

So is there going to be a cutoff for the FE exchange list? Also, will a final list get sent out or posted here? And are we going to need to buy for every person or will it be split out? Just want to make sure I have the right amount of gifts since I had already started to buy some and it looks like maybe there are more people now. Please let me know.

So is there going to be a cutoff for the FE exchange list? Also, will a final list get sent out or posted here? And are we going to need to buy for every person or will it be split out? Just want to make sure I have the right amount of gifts since I had already started to buy some and it looks like maybe there are more people now. Please let me know.

Yes, cut off is February 27th - one month before we embark! Here are the FE rules again....

Basic rules for the FE...

Each cabin participating will provide at least one gift per cabin, per person, or per child - it is up to you.
Of course, you are welcome to give more than one gift, but the miminum is one.

All gifts will be delivered between the cruise leaving port on March 27th and before 6:00 pm on March 31st,
so we have time to pack our bags before arriving in port the next morning.

You can include your name or disboard name on your gift, but it is not required.

The cut off date for FE sign up will be one month prior to departure, so February 27th.
This will give us time to get everything together.

You can still use the link I pm'ed you before that shows the spreadsheet of all the FE participants. If you need me to send it to you again, please let me know. I will also send a map of the ship with all cabins highlighted for the FE group. Hopefully it will make our deliveries a little easier. I will send the maps and the spreadsheet out again at the end of February when everything is finalized. Right now we are one group of 16 cabins.

This where we are at with numbers...

18 Cabins

including...
53 people
31 adults
22 children - 12 boys and 10 girls (ages between 4 and 14)

Merilee

We are taking our first cruise and want to join a group!:woohoo:

You are on our cruise? Disney Dream departing on March 27th? You join the FE here! We just need your stateroom number and who is in your cabin (kids ages, etc.) I will send you a private message with the FE spreadsheet link so you will have all the other participants info as well.

Merilee

You are on our cruise? Disney Dream departing on March 27th? You join the FE here! We just need your stateroom number and who is in your cabin (kids ages, etc.) I will send you a private message with the FE spreadsheet link so you will have all the other participants info as well.

Merilee
Yes, I'm on your cruise!

Do I send this info on a post or message you personally?

Merilee

Merilee, I believe "Wergoofy" won't be able to PM until after 10 posts on the Disboards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter