March 27, 2012 *SPRING FLING DOUBLE DIPPIN DREAM*

So, since the 3/27/12 cruise will be our 1st time on a Disney cruise I am just wondering how the gift process works. Do we buy stuff for each of the families that was listed in purple? Or are we given specific families. Just don't want to mess up do something wrong. I am currently looking for our gifts for fish extenders. So, any ideas of the type of stuff you should do would be great too! Can't wait!!

These are my thoughts on fish extender gifts & since nothing is set in stone I hope others will chime in with their ideas too!

Since it looks like we're going to be a small group we'll probably do gifts for all cabins who are participating in the FE exchange. In the event that we get alot of participating cabins we can split the FE into groups at the discretion of the FE coodinator. I once participated in an FE group that was almost 150 cabins. Believe me, that's way too many cabins & I ended up giving out several postcards of our home town to each cabin as our FE gift.

No worries because there's no way to mess up anything. You can either choose to give one gift per cabin, or you can give (less expensive gifts) individual gifts to each person in cabin. The main thing is have fun with it - don't stress about it - & don't spend more than you're comfortable with

Some of the things we've received in the past: (many being homemade)
Disney stickers for the kids
Magnets
flashlight
Mickey Mouse Clock
bookmarks
pirate tattoos
candy
snacks
tote bag
first aid kit
pencils/pens
Message Board (magnetic)
Glow Stick items
Address Book

So, since the 3/27/12 cruise will be our 1st time on a Disney cruise I am just wondering how the gift process works. Do we buy stuff for each of the families that was listed in purple? Or are we given specific families. Just don't want to mess up do something wrong. I am currently looking for our gifts for fish extenders. So, any ideas of the type of stuff you should do would be great too! Can't wait!!

I agree with Twinmom108, whatever you want to do is fine. The minimum is one gift per cabin. I have posted some details in post #51. This is my first cruise too. I think we are at 15 ot 16 cabins right now, so we have a very managable group. I am looking forward to it! Sounds like the FE exchange is a lot of fun.

:banana:

Is everyone enjoying their Holidays? :santa: Our son in the Marines just came home last night. He'll be here for two weeks :yay: We're staying around here & not traveling. Anyone traveling this Holiday Season?

Is everyone enjoying their Holidays? :santa: Our son in the Marines just came home last night. He'll be here for two weeks :yay: We're staying around here & not traveling. Anyone traveling this Holiday Season?

Glad to hear your son is home for the holidays! That is awesome. We are staying home this year. Last year at this time we were in Hawaii and are thinking that was a much better idea than hanging out here in the snow. Already planning to be there next Christmas.

:):):)

Glad to hear your son is home for the holidays! That is awesome. We are staying home this year. Last year at this time we were in Hawaii and are thinking that was a much better idea than hanging out here in the snow. Already planning to be there next Christmas.

:):):)

We've never been to Hawaii. Now with Aulani, the new DVC resort in Oahu, we might go in a few years. Was last year your first time there or do you go to Hawaii often?

We've never been to Hawaii. Now with Aulani, the new DVC resort in Oahu, we might go in a few years. Was last year your first time there or do you go to Hawaii often?

Last Christmas was the first time for my kids and husband, I had been to Hawaii when I was a teenager. With 6 of us in the family the flights just kill us. It is getting so expensive to fly anywhere. We loved it though and want to go back soon (planning for next Christmas!).

When we were there we went to the show suites at the Disney Resort, and they are beautiful! It is a very nice resort, but about 20 minutes from Waikiki. Perfect if you are resort people, but we are not. We like to do and see everything so we stayed right in Waikiki which was perfect for us.

So, as fortune would have it, we've had to reschedule our trip & will not be joining ya'll on this cruise :( .....finances required that we needed to redirect some cruise $, so pushing it off was the best call for us.....just glad we got it done before the PIF deadline so we aren't losing any $....

In any event, I hope ya'll have fun & know we'll be thinking of you during Spring Break :)

So, as fortune would have it, we've had to reschedule our trip & will not be joining ya'll on this cruise :( .....finances required that we needed to redirect some cruise $, so pushing it off was the best call for us.....just glad we got it done before the PIF deadline so we aren't losing any $....

In any event, I hope ya'll have fun & know we'll be thinking of you during Spring Break :)

I'm so sorry that you & your family won't be joining us in March. Totally understand having to redirect your resources given the economy & all. Thank goodness you were able to cancel before the PIF deadline! :thumbsup Take care & have a Merry Christmas. :santa:

Thanks for letting us know. Hopefully your next cruise will be even more magical. :)

Thanks so much!! That helps alot!! :) I received my fish extender in the mail yesterday and am getting sooo excited!!

These are my thoughts on fish extender gifts & since nothing is set in stone I hope others will chime in with their ideas too!

Since it looks like we're going to be a small group we'll probably do gifts for all cabins who are participating in the FE exchange. In the event that we get alot of participating cabins we can split the FE into groups at the discretion of the FE coodinator. I once participated in an FE group that was almost 150 cabins. Believe me, that's way too many cabins & I ended up giving out several postcards of our home town to each cabin as our FE gift.

No worries because there's no way to mess up anything. You can either choose to give one gift per cabin, or you can give (less expensive gifts) individual gifts to each person in cabin. The main thing is have fun with it - don't stress about it - & don't spend more than you're comfortable with

Some of the things we've received in the past: (many being homemade)
Disney stickers for the kids
Magnets
flashlight
Mickey Mouse Clock