March 27, 2012 *SPRING FLING DOUBLE DIPPIN DREAM*

Hmmm. The kids aren't interested in the sting rays, but they do love parasailing! Our little one will only be 7 so he is too young to go and from what I read on the Disney website, they will not even let him ride in the boat with us. That would suck. He loves to go in 'fast' boats. :)

I will have to look into it a bit more. Otherwise we may just rent floaties and bikes and do our own snorkeling. I would love to rent a cabana but they are super expensive.

:dance3:

We would like to rent a Cabana too, but $500 for the 3 of us is definitely too much $. Might consider sharing a cabana with another party, but you're party is a little too large to do that with. ;)

No kidding. :) We would be paying for four people over the 6 for $500. If it was just $500 for the ten of us I would try and get one. :) Maybe next time.

Hmmm. The kids aren't interested in the sting rays, but they do love parasailing! Our little one will only be 7 so he is too young to go and from what I read on the Disney website, they will not even let him ride in the boat with us. That would suck. He loves to go in 'fast' boats. :)

I will have to look into it a bit more. Otherwise we may just rent floaties and bikes and do our own snorkeling. I would love to rent a cabana but they are super expensive.

I was going to suggest the Banana Boat ride because it goes really fast & looks like fun. I checked the shore excursion list for CC on the DCL site & it is not listed. Did a search on the boards here & see they discontinued it a few years ago due to safety concerns. I guess better safe than sorry!

I thought I had read about these check-in threads for cruises, and it looks like I've found ours. This will be our (DH, DW, DD11) maiden cruise (not just Disney). And we booked one day after the price increase last spring!!!

Twinmom108 – Sharon, DH Allen, DS Jameson 18
Gomagic – mom and I
JjetMcg – Jenni, DH, DD 10 DD 8
Eebadeeba – Me, DD 7, DD 3, DS 2
Tink lover – Me, DH, DD 13, DS 10, DS 9
Shana Rayce – Shana, DS 16, DD, DD, DS in law, DS in law, D granddaughter 4, D grandson 3, D’s dad, D’s step mom, D’s dad’s DS 13
Cschnell – Chris, Eddie, DD 10
Parrisk – Me, DH, DD 15
Fijidoc – Me, DW, DS 12, DS, 10, DS 6, D mom, D dad, D brother, DW + 2 kids, D sister, DH + 2 kids
Happyfoot – Grandma Gerry, DD Kathy, D granddaughters Sara 12, Grace 9
Modegard – Merilee, DH Gary, DS Matthew 14, DS Andrew 13, DS Jaxon 9, DS Tyler 7, D mom Jane, D dad Don, D aunt Jaklyne, D uncle Keven
Coll0610 – Me, DH, DS 16
Bamfield - Lisa, DH, DS 13, DS 10
MCourtney - Me, DH, DD 8, friends DW & DH + DD 8, DS 6
Irisheyes17 - Jen, DH Chad, DS Jack 8, DD Meggan 6, DD Ally 5
PeytonMayeaux - DW (40th birthday gift!), DH, DS 13, DS 10, DS 6
jvelasco - Jennifer, DH Marc, DD Isabel 10, DS Julian 10, DD Sophia 6
marimorr1 - DH Mike, DW Mary, DS Blaise 11, DS Zachary 5
Snurk71 - DH, DW, DD11
Florida_Dad - DW, DS8, DD6
Mango1818 - DW, DH, DD 12, DS 4
MandNCC - DW Amanda, DH Chris
Wergoofy - DW Joanna, DH Jim, DS Anthony 9, DS Dominik 7, DD Nadia 6
Mom2Kaity - Lorilyn and DD Kaity
lilnell

The FISH EXTENDER GROUP is in PURPLE. Please let me know if I have missed you, or if you want to join. :)

We have 15 cabins (4 of which are adult only)

26 adults and 18 kids (8 boys ages 5 to 14 and 10 girls ages 4 - 16)

44 people total

:banana:

Bamfield - Lisa, the boys, DH or DM

The FISH EXTENDER GROUP is in PURPLE. Please let me know if I have missed you, or if you want to join. :):

Thanks for the roll call!

We have figured out who is going to have fun in the sun. It will be DH, DS (13), DS (10) and of course me.

We also decided to come in a couple of days early to stay at WDW BC.

Looking forward to doing some excursion planning.

Lisa

Is anyone going to WDW before or after the cruise? Since we are coming from Alberta we thought we might as well spend some time in Florida. We are going to spend 7 days at WDW and 3 at Universal before the cruise, and the day we get off the cruise we will spend some time at Seaworld, then home April 2nd.

We have never been to Florida before, but are really looking forward to it! We have been to California many times, Disneyland, Universal, Sea World in San Diego, Lego Land, all that. I am hoping this will be as good or better.

Has anyone been to WDW and Disneyland? I know I love to be able to leave my hotel and walk right into California Adventure - never leaving the 'magic'. I am thinking taking busses and boats everywhere will be quite a change from walking 5 minutes to get to the park.

We are not sure yet.

We have 15 cabins (4 of which are adult only)

26 adults and 18 kids (8 boys ages 5 to 14 and 10 girls ages 4 - 16)

44 people total

:banana:

I can't reply to the email you sent me, but my daughters name is wrong on the spreadsheet. her name is Meggan not Megan. Thanks so much!

We will be joining you all for this cruise. DW, DS8, DD~6 will be on with me. We would love to join the FE list. Sailing in less than 2 weeks!!!!

We will be joining you all for this cruise. DW, DS8, DD~6 will be on with me. We would love to join the FE list. Sailing in less than 2 weeks!!!!

Sounds good! Enjoy your cruise in two weeks! How exciting! Happy to hear you are joining us in March. I will add you into the FE group.

Can you please pm or reply your names, stateroom number, any special occasions on our cruise and any character favorites? Thanks!

I can pm you back the link to our google doc spreadsheet.

Merilee

:santa: Hoping everyone is enjoying this Christmas Season. Our twin son that graduated from High School in May & joined the Marines in June is coming home for the Holidays! :goodvibes I have so much to do. The tree is up but we don't have the ornaments on in yet.

Tomorrow is our booking date for shore excursions, dining, & spa, etc. for this upcoming cruise. I can't believe how everything is suddenly in fast forward. I still need to get with DS, Jameson to find out what he wants to do in Nassau. Once we figure it all out & have something booked I'll let you know.

For those of us who are going to be at WDW a few days before the cruise, would you be interested in having a little DIS pre-cruise meet?

Dining & Shore excursion ressies went without a hitch. :thumbsup2

We are set for: :cool1:
Palo Brunch
AquaAdventure at Atlantis in Nassau
Para Sailing on Castaway Cay

Even though we couldn't afford it, I looked at the CC Cabanas availability. All the Cabanas online for the Family Beach were already sold out & only 2 Cabanas at Serinity Bay were still available. Wow they go fast - must have been the Platinum CC members who reserved 15 days ago.

I love this planing part & seeing how our trip is coming together in puzzle pieces. I'd love to hear what you all are planning too! :goodvibes How are all your plans coming together & what have you/or will book for shore excursions/dining/spa etc. Also if you're not at your booking window yet & want to know what times are left for your specific shore exc., I'd be glad to look it up for you.

Too bad all the Cabanas are gone, I was thinking of splurging. Oh well. We really don't have any plans as we have never been on a cruise before, so we may just hang out and enjoy and leave the excusions and reservations for the next cruise (I am hoping there will be a next cruise!) With a six year old in our group parasaling is out, but that is something the older boys love to do! I have never done it and would love to try it sometime too.

About a Dis Meet in WDW - we are there from March 17th to the 24th and then on to Universal before the cruise. I have a general idea of what park we will be at each day, so if you can get something set up I will do my best to be there too!

Not much longer! We are getting very excited!

Too bad all the Cabanas are gone, I was thinking of spurging. Oh well. We really don't have any plans as we have never been on a cruise before, so we may just hang out and enjoy and leave the excusions and reservations for the next cruise (I am hoping there will be a next cruise!) With a six year old in our group parasaling is out, but that is something the older boys love to do! I have never done it and would love to try it sometime too.

About a Dis Meet in WDW - we are there from March 17th to the 24th and then on to Universal before the cruise. I have a general idea of what park we will be at each day, so if you can get something set up I will do my best to be there too!

Not much longer! We are getting very excited!

I believe Disney might hold back some Cabanas for reserving once on the ship. If you really want one you might check at the shore excursion desk once aboard. Also some cruisers do reserve them & then cancel before cruise time, so if you keep checking online you might get lucky.

We'll be staying at Fort Wilderness checking in on the 22nd. As March gets closer we'll see who wants to get together & when everyone will be there. I'd be okay if you want to come & hang out at the campsite for awhile. Fort Wilderness is a great place to explore, in fact we are not doing any of the major parks this time. It will be our first time actually staying at the Fort, but we've visited a few times before.

Might seem like an odd vacation - camping then a cruise. We like both & Jameson thinks it's a great grad gift DH & I are giving him.

If you are short on funds & still want to do an excursion in Nassau why doesn't your group do either the Harbor cruise ( $25 per adult) or maybe even Blackbeards Cay Stingray & Beach Adventure ($49 per adult).

So, since the 3/27/12 cruise will be our 1st time on a Disney cruise I am just wondering how the gift process works. Do we buy stuff for each of the families that was listed in purple? Or are we given specific families. Just don't want to mess up do something wrong. I am currently looking for our gifts for fish extenders. So, any ideas of the type of stuff you should do would be great too! Can't wait!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter