March 26, 2011 - Eastern Caribbean Magic and FE Exchange!

We haven't been able to book ANYTHING. We keep getting the ship picture and the error eventually. I've called them and they assured that no one could book anything. hmmm...seems like they may have been wrong.

Luckily the DCL site was working on Monday Jan 10 which was the 75 day mark for first-timers (like me) on our cruise. I was able to book Palo and two excursions. Starting yesterday Jan 11 the DCL site has been having problems. You can call up your ressie but you can't book excursions or Palo or work on your online check-in documents. There is a thread about it here in the cruise line forum and this morning people are still reporting issues.

Sounds like we were lucky this is not our first Disney cruise, we booked excursions in December.

The family travelling with us has been on this Eastern Caribbean. They had good recommendations. We are doing the Turtle Cove & Honeymoon Beach at St. Johns. We've heard snorkling is better at St.Johns than St Marteen. So we are doing the Orient Bay Beach Bash on the St. Marteen day.

I am a Disney Cruise "newbie" and would like to participate in the FE. I can't send a personal msg until I make 10 posts but please put us on the list if you can! :goodvibes

Me, DH, DS (8) and DD (7)

We haven't been able to book ANYTHING. We keep getting the ship picture and the error eventually. I've called them and they assured that no one could book anything. hmmm...seems like they may have been wrong.

Glad you've joined. Our daughter is 7 also.

Hi, It says your PM is full and cannot receive.
I just deleted a bunch!

I am a Disney Cruise "newbie" and would like to participate in the FE. I can't send a personal msg until I make 10 posts but please put us on the list if you can! :goodvibes

Me, DH, DS (8) and DD (7)

Just let me know!!!

Where are you in NC? We are in Spartanburg, SC and the city is basically shut down yesterday and today!!!!

Sorry...I missed that somehow earlier...:) We're in Aberdeen, about 35 mins. from SC border. We got quiet a bit of snow (5 inches probably) and it turned into ice. I have never seen so much ice! School was out all week and tomorrow finally back, but with a 2 hour delay. I was finally able to get back into work today. (I love my job, plus I need the extra hours to pay off some of this trip...LOL!)

For anybody trying to book excursions, Palo, etc....Try the website again. I was finally able to get right through and booked Palo brunch for the last sea day before CC...11am I think it was? However, Tiki Hut snorkel is all booked up. So now we're trying to narrow other snorkels down.

The family travelling with us has been on this Eastern Caribbean. They had good recommendations. We are doing the Turtle Cove & Honeymoon Beach at St. Johns. We've heard snorkling is better at St.Johns than St Marteen. So we are doing the Orient Bay Beach Bash on the St. Marteen day.
Today 08:29 AM

That will help us a lot! We might even be joining you on one of those excursions. :)

Have a question though...So let's say I book a snorkel excurions, but Tiki Hut snorkel comes up open. If I take Tiki Hut snorkel and cancel the other one while on the boat or last minute, etc....is there a penalty?

I am so excited! My kids still don't know where we're going... I haven't cracked yet. My daughter looked at me today during lunch (had to take kids with me to work since school was out)...and she said "I'm gonna get it out of you. Gonna suck it outta your head like a vacuum to dust bunnies!" LOL!:laughing:

My family would like to participate in the FE group for the March 26 Eastern Cruise. As I have posted in the past this will be our first cruise.

I've seen an FE on ebay for about $25 that we will probably purchase.

Thanks and let me know what more we need to do to be included.

Mark

Me :earsboy: DW :earsgirl: DS8 pirate: DS5 pirate:

Does anyone know if there is Yoga offerred on board. My DW is a Yoga Instructor and would like to be able to keep it up if it's offered.

Thanks,
Mark

Me :earsboy: DW :earsgirl: DS8 pirate: DS5pirate:

Okay, so we've booked the Trunk Bay excursion and now trying to decide on what to do for St. Maarten. Might just go it on our own there.

Now the website isn't cooperating again..LOL! Something about midnight it just doesn't like I think. Oh well.

My family would like to participate in the FE group for the March 26 Eastern Cruise. As I have posted in the past this will be our first cruise.

I've seen an FE on ebay for about $25 that we will probably purchase.

Thanks and let me know what more we need to do to be included.

Mark

Me :earsboy: DW :earsgirl: DS8 pirate: DS5 pirate:

Welcome!!! Just PM me your info. All names in family, and children's ages. Also, cabin# (if you know it already) and email address. Oh, and family last name.

I got my FE personalized on ebay and it's awesome!!! I need to take a pic.....

DSC_0706425x640-1.jpg

MY FE......

FINALLY got on to the DCL site.... and got my spa appt changed. Also ordered the wine package for dinner and a birthday package for Ally..... So excited that she will get to celebrate her ACTUAL birthday on the ship!!!!

It looks great!

Our FE is very similar, I'm sure we bought from the same person. It is very high quality. Embroidery is great!

You'll need to bring cable ties or something similar to secure it to the fish hook. A ship full of kids is asking for it to come off the hook.

Our FE is very similar, I'm sure we bought from the same person. It is very high quality. Embroidery is great!

You'll need to bring cable ties or something similar to secure it to the fish hook. A ship full of kids is asking for it to come off the hook.

The one I got on Ebay last week is very similar also - different colors. I got from gradysmommy. I emailed them with the names and stuff that we want on it and have not heard back. If that is who you got yours from did they contact you?

Thanks for the tip about the cable ties.

Yup, and I also think I will add a different cord to the top - is yours just a fairly thin ribbon? I would be devastated if I lost it - it's beautiful!!!! And because I didn't have her put dates or the ship name, I can use it on future DCL cruises! Hint hint honey!!!! :rolleyes1

FINALLY got on to the DCL site.... and got my spa appt changed. Also ordered the wine package for dinner and a birthday package for Ally..... So excited that she will get to celebrate her ACTUAL birthday on the ship!!!!

That's good that you were able to get the appointment changed. We have been thinking about ordering the wine package but are not sure. I do not drink a lot of wine so I think it would end up being too much. I think I will be enjoying the various 'drinks of the day'. I love fruity drinks.

I booked a facial appointment for Monday. I wanted a massage but the only times that were available on sea days were right before show/dinner time.

Does anyone know how early you need to cancel a spa treatment to not get charged? I thought I read somewhere that it was 3 days. When I get on-board I want to see if I can get a good massage day/time. If I do, then I want to cancel the facial - but that would be less than 3 days out.

When is everyone eating dinner early/late? We booked the late seating.

The one I got on Ebay last week is very similar also - different colors. I got from gradysmommy. I emailed them with the names and stuff that we want on it and have not heard back. If that is who you got yours from did they contact you?

Thanks for the tip about the cable ties.

She did not contact me until I got to her. If you just got it last week I'd expect another month or so. Just send her a message and tell her when your cruise is. She is super nice..... I emailed her a week or so before Christmas cause I kinda wanted to wrap it up as part of our surprise to Ally. When she told me she was a bit behind and trying to get those done that had cruises coming up sooner, I understood.

We have late seating also. I only did the 5 day wine package because I want the premium, although they really are not premium wines. I love wine and I'm not real thrilled with the prices there, but I figured on the St M and St T days we may be tired and not want the wine..... 5 bottles of wine for $219 is just crazy. That's $44/bottle for wines that you can get for $9 at the store. Most restaurants charge 2 1/2-3 times retail price for a bottle of wine so that bugs me a bit. Although it's Disney so I get over it pretty quick! :rotfl: The pixie dust is getting to me already!!!!

I think I saw it was 3 days to cancel spa treatments......

OK, if I start a PTR, should I do it on the DCL TR threads or over on the regular TR threads where they have a PTR section? I have so much fun writing trip reports and Jeff is already laughing at me saying, " oh no, you're gonna be taking pictures of food again, aren't you?" :rotfl2: Yup! Sure am!!!

She did not contact me until I got to her. If you just got it last week I'd expect another month or so. Just send her a message and tell her when your cruise is. She is super nice..... I emailed her a week or so before Christmas cause I kinda wanted to wrap it up as part of our surprise to Ally. When she told me she was a bit behind and trying to get those done that had cruises coming up sooner, I understood.

Thanks Kara.

We have late seating also. I only did the 5 day wine package because I want the premium, although they really are not premium wines. I love wine and I'm not real thrilled with the prices there, but I figured on the St M and St T days we may be tired and not want the wine..... 5 bottles of wine for $219 is just crazy. That's $44/bottle for wines that you can get for $9 at the store. Most restaurants charge 2 1/2-3 times retail price for a bottle of wine so that bugs me a bit. Although it's Disney so I get over it pretty quick! :rotfl: The pixie dust is getting to me already!!!!

I think I saw it was 3 days to cancel spa treatments......

OK, if I start a PTR, should I do it on the DCL TR threads or over on the regular TR threads where they have a PTR section? I have so much fun writing trip reports and Jeff is already laughing at me saying, " oh no, you're gonna be taking pictures of food again, aren't you?" :rotfl2: Yup! Sure am!!!

I would do your PTR on the DCL thread. I think I have seen some in there. I love reading trip reports and keep saying that I should do one sometime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter