March 24, 2012 - 6 Night Western

DH injured his knee skiing last week so now he doens't know if he'll be able to scuba dive on this cruise. :(

Hi -
Not computer savvy enough either to know if my message is getting through.
I've been browsing these posts at night recently, and EVERYTHING is new to me. Is it even possible to still join in the FE and chat with the group for the March 24 Magic to Western Carrib. It's already March 1. This is our first family cruise ever, though we've been to the parks about 10 times.

Welcome! This is our 3rd family cruise. I discovered this board 3 days before we left on our first cruise. I loved it. I met so many people and was able to find friends for my daughters before we left. As for the FE program, you may not have time for that, but there are some late additions. My kids loved it! Our family consists of DH(44) DW (44) Paige (DD) 13, Natalie (DD) 12 and son cole (DS) 8.

Welcome MTM! :cutie:
It will be great to meet you on the cruise! We are so excited -- this is our first-ever cruise, booked over a year ago. We absolutely can't wait. :banana: (My daughter is 10)
I know you'll have a great time as well!

Michele

Welcome to the group, Kim! We have a Facebook page too, so if you guys are on FB come join us there as well! Here is the link to our FB group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/146008088797771/?success=1#!/groups/146008088797771/

Just requested to join the fb group. We'll be sailing with all of you as well. This will be our second Disney cruise. Our first was this past Christmas on the Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera Holiday cruise. We loved it. We don't plan to be part of fe group. Any one else coming from as far as Washington State?

What are some good excursions to do with my family? I have 3 boys, ages 9, 7 and 4. I have a submarine excursion planned already, which I think they will really like.

I would appreciate any suggestions for safe, family beaches we could go to on our own in Grand Cayman and Cozumel?

Thanks.

23 DaYs, bUt WhO's CoUnTiNg
:cool1:

Just requested to join the fb group. We'll be sailing with all of you as well. This will be our second Disney cruise. Our first was this past Christmas on the Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera Holiday cruise. We loved it. We don't plan to be part of fe group. Any one else coming from as far as Washington State?

We are coming from Montana. It's our first cruise!

We're not quite as far but close, coming from Portland, Oregon. We did the January 2nd, 2012 Mexican Riviera cruise and had a blast too.

What are some good excursions to do with my family? I have 3 boys, ages 9, 7 and 4. I have a submarine excursion planned already, which I think they will really like.

I would appreciate any suggestions for safe, family beaches we could go to on our own in Grand Cayman and Cozumel?

Thanks.

23 DaYs, bUt WhO's CoUnTiNg
:cool1:

We've never gone but our family will be doing the Pirate Encounter @ Grand Caymens. It seem pretty kid friendly. Booked it through Disney! Hope this help look forward to meeting you! Samantha!

Something I just realized that I thought I'd share...

If you upgraded to the Disney Premiere Visa, don't forget to update your on-board account page in the online check-in with the new expiration date. Not sure it's a biggie, but better safe than sorry. Don't want to spend time haggling about on-board charges during your vacation.

Hi everyone-we are heading on the Mar 24 Spring Break cruise this month. This will be our 5th Disney Cruise and we live near Port Canaveral...we got a little lazy with planning anything for excursions! Oops!

Looking at the Disney website, it looks like a lot of people are booking excursions for Cayman, however, hardly anything is sold out for Cozumel. Is there a reason why families are not booking things in Cozumel? I tried to look for safety issues or warnings but couldn't find any. It has us worried and I don't want to commit to an excursion if the environment over there is less than desirable for a family.

Also, my kids would love to say hi and meet other kids traveling on this cruise. Our last cruise was the transatlantic from Spain to FL, and there were not many kids on the boat, so I know they are anxious to make new friends on this one!

My son TJ is 18, my daughter Sophie is 12, and my son Greyson is 9. Anyone looking to say hello, our email is Floridafamily5 (at) aol (dot) com.

We are excited-only 3 weeks away!
Carolyn

Welcome, Carolyn!

We felt super comfortable going out on our own in Cozumel. There are no current travel warnings for the area & as long as you stay careful & aware, it is not that different from any other vacation destination! We are taking our girls (3 & 5) to Nachi Cocom for a beach day. It looks awesome & has gotten some great reviews!

I think the reason more people are booking DCL excursions at Grand Cayman is the whole short port time/tendering situation. We booked with DCL because we know we won't get left if our excursion runs long!!

Good luck!

Looking at the Disney website, it looks like a lot of people are booking excursions for Cayman, however, hardly anything is sold out for Cozumel. Is there a reason why families are not booking things in Cozumel? I tried to look for safety issues or warnings but couldn't find any. It has us worried and I don't want to commit to an excursion if the environment over there is less than desirable for a family.

Welcome to the cruise!

I think the issue may be that more of the excursions in Cayman are limited to smaller groups than in Cozumel so it doesn't take as much for them to show as being sold out.

OK well that's reassuring! We are so late to the party...I guess we should be grateful there are still opportunities in Cozumel! Haha..
Of course, Disney is usually pretty good about being overly cautious about guest safety, so if they are OK with Cozumel, that's a good sign. Wish they offered more activities in Cayman though...we've never been there and might be a little apprehensive to venture out too much on our own.

The beach day does sound fun...and not too stressful or rushed. Some of the tours we have booked in the past were fun, however sometimes seem to be so structured. It's nice to have excursions that allow you to relax and enjoy your time off the boat at your own pace.

Thank you for the feedback!

OK well that's reassuring! We are so late to the party...I guess we should be grateful there are still opportunities in Cozumel! Haha..
Of course, Disney is usually pretty good about being overly cautious about guest safety, so if they are OK with Cozumel, that's a good sign. Wish they offered more activities in Cayman though...we've never been there and might be a little apprehensive to venture out too much on our own.

We've been to Grand Cayman before and there is a lot within walking distance from the dock, but mostly touristy things - T-shirt shops, Hard Rock Cafe, Harley Shop, etc. There were lots of booths to take you on excursions just down the block as well.

I think the reason more people are booking DCL excursions at Grand Cayman is the whole short port time/tendering situation. We booked with DCL because we know we won't get left if our excursion runs long!!

Good luck!

10:45 to 4:30 seems awful short so this is why we also booked Grand Cayman through DCL.

Hi -
Not computer savvy enough either to know if my message is getting through.
I've been browsing these posts at night recently, and EVERYTHING is new to me. Is it even possible to still join in the FE and chat with the group for the March 24 Magic to Western Carrib. It's already March 1. This is our first family cruise ever, though we've been to the parks about 10 times.
Welcome Aboard! You'll love it!

We were on the same MR Christmas Cruise! Welcome aboard this cruise as well!

We are coming from Montana. It's our first cruise!
Where in Montana? I went o Montana State in good ole' Bozeman!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter