March 24, 2012 - 6 Night Western

Quick update about the FE:

As of today, we have 25 staterooms participating in the FE with all of their information on the list. There are others staterooms that will participate, but haven't gotten their room assignments or had a chance to post their info for the list yet. No worries, we have plenty of time still!!
Based on the master list this is the TOTAL number of staterooms and participants that I have:
Rooms-32 that have stated they want to participate
Adults- 56
Kids- 39
Total people- 95

Splitting the FE:
After a quick look at it, it seems that the easiest split would be a FWD FE group and an AFT FE group. Those of you lucky enough to have midship rooms (I've never had one...what's it like:)) would go to the AFT group. It would be a pretty even split of rooms/participants currently. It would also make it much easier to deliver, since you wouldn't have to travel all over each deck.

Does that work for everyone? The FE won't close until mid-Jan, but if this kind of a split works for everyone then I can update our doc with the 2 groups and just keep adding on to each of them that way. Of course, if you know of a large group of rooms that is going to join us and they are all AFt or FWD (eek :scared1:), then we may have an issue again. Although, I don't foresee that happening. Anyway, thoughts everyone?

Kellie, I think that is a GREAT way to split the group for the FE. Super good thinking!

Sounds great!
Because I am new to the FE thing I trust your organizational expertise on this. FWD and AFT is a natural separation.

Please include the Taylors stateroom for me. I will make them a FE and hang it as a surprise for the 2 kids.

Thanks
:thumbsup2

My 12 year old daughter Natalie would really like to meet some other 11 to 12 year old girls before we take the cruise! I see lots of boys this age but no girls. If you are out there, please respond. This will be our 3rd trip. We have a 13 year old daughter and 8 year old boy. We took the Dream last time. I am looking forward to going back to the smaller ship.

I also think doing the FE split the way you've described sounds great.

Thank you for all the hard work coordinating our group chernabogfamily

I think the FE split idea is great!

Our favorite characters are as follows:

Lonny-Grumpy
Suzi-Tinkerbell
Koli-Ariel
Joanne-Mickey Mouse

Last cruise we wore green Mardi Gras beads to the port so we could recognize each other. This worked out great my daughter made a friend at the port and hung out the whole week.

I love that idea. My husband is not really the Mardi Gras Beads kind of guy.... :) but I could probably get the kids to wear them at the ports or at the terminal.

Last cruise we wore green Mardi Gras beads to the port so we could recognize each other. This worked out great my daughter made a friend at the port and hung out the whole week.

This is a cool idea! I have a feeling I will completely forget this idea over the next few months though. Winter in MO brings lots of stress (with ice storms and airport closings), plus I dislike cold weather and snow. If anyone remembers this over the next couple of months, PLEASE remind me!! ;)

I will also add a little blurp about it in post #2 with all the other info on the cruise. If anyone has any info regarding theme nights, rotations, excursions, etc, etc and would like me to put it in that post I will happily add to it!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving if I don't happen to post again between now and then.

I just paid off our cruise, including tips and transfers, a month ahead of schedule! YAY for being PIF!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

This cruise seems super real now! Can't wait for March to get here!

Hi, we are new to DISboards. I'd love to sign up for the FE list for the 3.24.12 cruise, please. My mom & I are traveling, (Karen & Michele) as well as my daughter Sydney, age 10. Our stateroom is 6103. Thanks for your help! :)

Hi, we are new to DISboards. I'd love to sign up for the FE list for the 3.24.12 cruise, please. My mom & I are traveling, (Karen & Michele) as well as my daughter Sydney, age 10. Our stateroom is 6103. Thanks for your help! :)

Welcome Aboard!!

I added you to the FE list and to the roll call in Post #2.

Hello Everyone

Here is a quick update about the FE list. There are currently 34 cabins signed up to participate in the FE exchange. A few cabins are undecided as to whether they wish to participate quite yet. Understandable. If you are in one of these cabins and have decided, please just let me know:
EvieHeartsDisney (1 & 2)
jzandmeplus3
twacht
Disney Drill Sgt

At this moment I have 24 cabin numbers, as I receive stateroom numbers I will add to each list.
Here are the missing staterooms that have stated they wish to join: I know BLBCB has a group of 8 cabins, LRD Norman, and scrapbookmomma74. I'm sure there are a few GTY rooms among these, so there should be updates coming as rooms get assigned.

I had a little time on my hands, so I broke out the FE into Forward and Aft groups. You can check them out thru the Google Doc. There is the master list for our DIS Board group and then at the bottom left are the tabs for the FORWARD and AFT groups. Please let me know if you want to make any changes.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!:stir:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...pVNkpJR3pMRmc&authkey=CPeUr-wC&hl=en_US#gid=4

Some in our family group are uncomfortable with putting their stateroom numbers online here. Does anyone else have any concerns with the safety aspect of having their staterooms listed where anyone can see it? Just curious what everyone's opinions are so that I can discuss it again with my family. :confused3

Barb

Some in our family group are uncomfortable with putting their stateroom numbers online here. Does anyone else have any concerns with the safety aspect of having their staterooms listed where anyone can see it? Just curious what everyone's opinions are so that I can discuss it again with my family. :confused3

Barb

Unless you have a stalker, we are all in (on) the same boat aren't we? :) I don't know what anyone else on the Internet could do with your stateroom number unless they were on the same cruise. Everything else is protected by your account password. I'm not saying bad people can't be on a Disney ship but it is a very family friendly atmosphere on board. Most of the cruisers are families and extended families just like us.

Thanks for the breakout chernabogfamily. Have you decided when to close the FE sign up?

Happy Thanksgivin!

Barb,
Yes, I agree there is an element of "We have always been told to not give out information over the internet" to this, and if you really think about it can be scary. But with that said, I agree with WadeKind, Disney Cruise Line is very family oriented. We are all stuck on the same boat. You could have everyone in your group create login names and then just give basic info, such as DW(age), DH(age) DS(age) etc as the extent of the information given out. It is strange to have strangers deliver items to your room, but you and your group will be doing it as well. Some people go the other extreme and put their entire familys names on magnets on the door.

I probably didn't relieve your concerns, but I hope you stay in the group, but if not, it is completly understandable, you and your group need to do what is comfortable for you. You will have a great cruise no matter what you decide.

George

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter